• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 35, 2016 (Aug 29 - Sep 04)

L~A

Sony is a company that killed off all of their family friendly IPs and just kind of fell into Minecraft. Don't hope for miracles.

Definitely feels like a really strange move.

Nintendo 3DS

(=) 01. Sabaku no Nezumidan (Arc System Works) [02.9.2016]
(+1) 02. Pokémon Yellow Version: Pikachu Special Version (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [27.2.2016]
(+3) 03. The Battle Cats POP (Ponos) [31.5.2015]
(+3) 04. Pokémon Red Version (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [27.2.2016]
(=) 05. Drancia Saga (Flyhigh Works) [02.9.2016]
(-4) 06. Eyeresh for Nintendo 3DS: Stretch and Training (Remedia) [31.8.2016]
(+2) 07. Battleminer (Starsign) [10.2.2016]
(B) 08. Pokémon Blue Version (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [27.2.2016]
(B) 09. Pokémon Green Version (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [27.2.2016]
(-6) 10. Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [27.8.2016]

Wii U

(=) 01. Discovery (Rainy Frog) [31.8.2016]
(=) 02. Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Microsoft Japan) [17.12.2015]
(=) 03. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Nintendo, Wii Download on Wii U) [02.9.2016]
(B) 04. Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online (Square-Enix) [30.3.2013]
(+2) 05. Splatoon (Nintendo) [28.5.2013]
(B) 06. Super Mario World (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [27.4.2013]
(B) 07. Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) [29.5.2014]
(=) 08. Super Mario Maker (Nintendo) [10.9.2015]
(B) 09. Shovel Knight (Nintendo) [30.6.2016]
(-6) 10. Star Fox 64 (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [31.8.2016]

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/a61fbea9-7623-11e6-9b38-063b7ac45a6d.html

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wouldn't suprise me in the slightest, tbh. I still find extremely suspicious the Generations western release though. The only way it would make sense in my mind is if they plan to bring only an NX version of Generations in the West.

Eh...look how much MH4 and Generations sold on the 3DS in the west - it would be crazy for them to not bring the 3DS game here as well if they are already translating the NX version Its not like the 3DS will be dead in in March 2017.

We kinda got Generations fast in the west, always figured the reason for that was because there would be a new MH handheld game for Nintendos next system launch in early 2017.

casiopao

Except the previous titles are on PS2 and PSP?

Well there it is lol. Comparing PS2 and PSP with PSV and PS4.That is gonna work.

Any thoughts on Sony's "Stars of Kids" project? Seems like they want to attract kids to their platform as well. Sounds like they're planning some cross-media projects.

Nah. Sony had zero idea and skills on attracting kids to their platform i thought that one thing is already proven again and again. Minecraft just luckily hit well in their platform and there it is. I can't see this project in any way successful.

Nintendo 3DS

(+1) 02. Pokémon Yellow Version: Pikachu Special Version (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [27.2.2016]
(-6) 10. Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [27.8.2016]

Wii U

(=) 03. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Nintendo, Wii Download on Wii U) [02.9.2016]
(B) 04. Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online (Square-Enix) [30.3.2013]

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/a61fbea9-7623-11e6-9b38-063b7ac45a6d.html

OMG. Sabaku no Nezumi-dan still holding strong the number one lol. It seems Japanese really like the game of base building game lol. It is damn addicting too.

Drancia Saga is also not doing so bad. Battle Cat Pop is also rising to the top position again lol. E-Shop is always such a pleasing place to see when many new games is doing well.^_^

Wii U on the other hand is mostly DQ vs Minecraft vs Mario lol.

Oregano

Very true. I'd hope Toukiden 2 happening would be Bamco's lesson on that and they wouldn't make the same mistake.

Toukiden 2 only came out recently though. Depending on how long GE3 has been in development it might be too far along. Duckroll mentioned in the other thread that it could skip Vita altogether if it's coming out late next year or 2018. I don't think that would be the case but it could happen.

Toukiden 2 only came out recently though. Depending on how long GE3 has been in development it might be too far along. Duckroll mentioned in the other thread that it could skip Vita altogether if it's coming out late next year or 2018. I don't think that would be the case but it could happen.

I mean, GE2 came out super late in the day for PSP, but obviously they had a contingency plan with that (migrate to Vita) which seemed to be working. They're going to either have to commit to full steam ahead with PS4 or try NX if they want a similar situation with GE3.

Either way, I could see a Vita SKU existing in some form, though 2018 makes it less likely.

Oregano

I mean, GE2 came out super late in the day for PSP, but obviously they had a contingency plan with that (migrate to Vita) which seemed to be working. They're going to either have to commit to full steam ahead with PS4 or try NX if they want a similar situation with GE3.

Either way, I could see a Vita SKU existing in some form, though 2018 makes it less likely.

Yeah, I'm on the same page. I don't see them dropping Vita for this release.

I'd also be surprised if they try NX considering this is being announced before NX has been revealed.

hiska-kun

PREDICTION LEAGUE PERSONA 5 EDITION

[PS4] Hardware (7 days) - 78,186
[PS4] Persona 5 (4 days) - 264,940
[PS3] Persona 5 (4 days) - 72,527

MANUELF

Banned
PREDICTION LEAGUE PERSONA 5 EDITION

[PS4] Hardware (7 days) - 65,000
[PS4] Persona 5 (4 days) - 240,000
[PS3] Persona 5 (4 days) - 60,000

gtj1092

Nintendo 3DS

Wii U

How can your build a market for kids games is you don't put out kids games? I mean isn't this what some fans want third parties to do on Nintendo consoles? Say what you will about Sony but they at least get third parties to try.

Eh...look how much MH4 and Generations sold on the 3DS in the west - it would be crazy for them to not bring the 3DS game here as well if they are already translating the NX version Its not like the 3DS will be dead in in March 2017.

We kinda got Generations fast in the west, always figured the reason for that was because there would be a new MH handheld game for Nintendos next system launch in early 2017.
Hypothetically speaking, let's say Capcom announces MHXG for the 3DS and NX for a March release (NX launch). It's probably likely that, considering MH Generations only came out July this year, the West will get MH Generations Ultimate as a NX only game in the second half of 2017. I doubt it'd be worth putting out a 3DS version that late. I don't know how fussed people would be about not being able to transfer their save files over.

Oregano

Hypothetically speaking, let's say Capcom announces MHXG for the 3DS and NX for a March release (NX launch). It's probably likely that, considering MH Generations only came out July this year, the West will get MH Generations Ultimate as a NX only game in the second half of 2017. I doubt it'd be worth putting out a 3DS version that late.

I actually think they might try to release in the West at launch. MH4U benefitted a lot by launching with N3DS in the West. It's more of a question of whether that's possible.

I actually think they might try to release in the West at launch. MH4U benefitted a lot by launching with N3DS in the West. It's more of a question of whether that's possible.
It depends how much Capcom need to translate in the Ultimate version. Also, that'd mean the release gap between MHG and MHGU is only about 8 months.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I think the new Monster Hunter could be released in the same time in west and Japan.

The series in the west is having alot of succes recently.

Oregano

It depends how much Capcom need to translate in the Ultimate version. Also, that'd mean the release gap between MHG and MHGU is only about 8 months.

True but I think they could get away with it if it's positioned primarily as a HD re-release for the new platform.

Also MH Generations suspiciously saves to the SD card unlike past games so a save transfer might be possible(even across platforms).

cw_sasuke

Hypothetically speaking, let's say Capcom announces MHXG for the 3DS and NX for a March release (NX launch). It's probably likely that, considering MH Generations only came out July this year, the West will get MH Generations Ultimate as a NX only game in the second half of 2017. I doubt it'd be worth putting out a 3DS version that late. I don't know how fussed people would be about not being able to transfer their save files over.

I dont think thats likely - MHXG will likely be a launch game worldwide. Capcom already knows the benefits of launch bonus from SSF43D on 3DS, MH3U on WiiU and MH4 on n3DS - they wont miss out on that extra money.

Also XG as an expansion based on Generation means that a lot of the translation is already done and can be reused.

test_account

XP-39C²
Would the NX be compatible with the 3DS though? Maybe with online play, but what about local play? Thats the arguement for why MH isnt multiplatform, or at least it was before.

Oregano

Would the NX be compatible with the 3DS though? Maybe with online play, but what about local play? Thats the arguement for why MH isnt multiplatform, or at least it was before.

MH3U had local play between Wii U and 3DS and a load of games can do the same on Vita/PS4 so I don't see why not?

You could even transfer save data between 3Ds and Wii U using a special app.

cw_sasuke

MH3U had local play between Wii U and 3DS and a load of games can do the same on Vita/PS4 so I don't see why not?

Yup, pretty sure Nintendo will have a solution for this - especially since i expect other 3DS games to get NX versions as well and they probably dont wanna kill the local coop possibility between these releases.

We also have that MCV GameFreak/Pokemon rumor which might end up the 3rd Version or HD version of Sun/Moon, so local coop between 3DS/NX has to be implemented somehow.

Hellraider

I dont think thats likely - MHXG will likely be a launch game worldwide. Capcom already knows the benefits of launch bonus from SSF43D on 3DS, MH3U on WiiU and MH4 on n3DS - they wont miss out on that extra money.

Also XG as an expansion based on Generation means that a lot of the translation is already done and can be reused.

Yeah, I doubt they're gonna miss the Western launch like they did with MH3U on the WiiU. They probably also don't wanna miss the JP launch and I think they're gonna repeat what MH3U did on the 3DS.Yes, it wasn't on launch but it being one of the main pillars of the 3DS japanese re-launch worked out really great for them in the end.

L~A

How can your build a market for kids games is you don't put out kids games? I mean isn't this what some fans want third parties to do on Nintendo consoles? Say what you will about Sony but they at least get third parties to try.

Well, that's the thing. Where are the kids games on PS platforms? As Takao pointed out, they don't really have any kids franchises anymore, and they've been neglecting this market for a while. It will take them more than a super vague "oh yeah we're partnering with some guys to make stuff, please stay tuned!" to be taken seriously.

That's what I said their announcement was weird. It felt like an after-thought, something they used to fill up their press conference. Not really something from a company serious into breaking back into a market utterly dominated by its competitor.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

How many months of DLC did MHX get?

If you mean in Japan, I don't remember but they didn't do monthly packs like they're doing in Europe and North America. They had weekly quests, but that stopped a few weeks ago.

Fake edit: unless I'm mistaken, they stopped new DLC distribution in Japan on August 5th. In the west, monthly DLC packs will end in early 2017.

It did benefit MH4U, but that's only because Nintendo chose to "delay" the N3DS until February in the West (they could totally have released it in 2014... in fact, they did in Australia, which didn't get MH4U at launch).

Not sure the same will happen this time again.

For starters, MH3U was only available at launch in Japan, it released several months later in the West.

Also, if Nintendo/Capcom really want to get the hardware launch boost, a 3DS version makes absolutely no sense.

If they really do go NX/3DS, I don't see local multiplayer couldn't work.

casiopao

Ummm. Pokemon?Battle Cats Pops? I am actually quite confused with ur statement that Nintendo don't build market for kids games lol. I mean, Nintendo whole title is for everybody. It is their bread and butter lol.

Even Discovery there on Wii U is Minecraft clone lol so it actually resonates to all those kids/minecraft market.

The biggest question is what child friendly that Sony had which can resonate with Japanese market lol. And i don't see any at all coming from Sony.

cw_sasuke

Yeah, I doubt they're gonna miss the Western launch like they did with MH3U on the WiiU. They probably also don't wanna miss the JP launch and I think they're gonna repeat what MH3U did on the 3DS.Yes, it wasn't on launch but it being one of the main pillars of the 3DS japanese re-launch worked out really great for them in the end.

Yup, MH3U in combination with Kart 7 and 3D Land revived the 3DS in the market. Getting Capcom on Board for the launch was probably priority No. 1 for Nintendo when it comes to 3rd Partys and NX.
For starters, MH3U was only available at launch in Japan, it released several months later in the West.

Also, if Nintendo/Capcom really want to get the hardware launch boost, a 3DS version makes absolutely no sense.

3DS version makes alot of sense because its not just about the Hardware launch boost but selling software. Look at the n3DS launch, sure MH4 also run on the regular 3DS but on which system do you think most MH fans wanted to play the game ?

MHXG 3DS version vs. MHXG NX Version w. HD graphics, smoother framerate, able to play on the Big Screen, able to play using a regular Pro Typ Controller using other NX system features like Streaming of Content.

Showing off the differences between old gen and new gen software has been the No. 1 reason why many of the multiplattform titles for PS4/XBO quickly outsold he last-gen SKU. So yeah MH fans will def. want to upgrade to NX, the game doesnt have to be exclusive for that. Just like with BotW if the NX version is the superior one.

Oregano

As I said Capcom will want to be at launch; it's just whether or not that's possible.

Ummm. Pokemon?Battle Cats Pops? I am actually quite confused with ur statement that Nintendo don't build market for kids games lol. I mean, Nintendo whole title is for everybody. It is their bread and butter lol.

Even Discovery there on Wii U is Minecraft clone lol so it actually resonates to all those kids/minecraft market.

The biggest question is what child friendly that Sony had which can resonate with Japanese market lol. And i don't see any at all coming from Sony.

I think it was comparing Sony's aiming at children To Nintendo's desire to build a hardcore audience. I really don't think Sony does a good job in comparison though.

Sony trying to reposition to aim at children is pretty much them jumping into a red ocean dressed as a seal.

casiopao

As I said Capcom will want to be at launch; it's just whether or not that's possible.

I think it was comparing Sony's aiming at children To Nintendo's desire to build a hardcore audience. I really don't think Sony does a good job in comparison though.

Sony trying to reposition to aim at children is pretty much them jumping into a red ocean dressed as a seal.

Huh? I don't think thats what he said here but well, maybe i am wrong here lol.

But i agree that Sony had zero IP still alive to hit that kids audience lol. The fact there are some kinds with them right now is because of Microsoft and Minecraft kinda building the market themselves.^_^

test_account

XP-39C²

I see. I didnt know that MH3U supported local play with the 3DS as well.

Top Bottom