• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 36, 2012 (Sep 03 - Sep 09)

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Thanks for the answers so far.

Also, does Nintendo have a 3DS conference coming up soon?

It just feels a tad short for the hands down generation winning platform in the region. Obviously Capcom and Level 5 seem quite strong on the platform, but Namco, Sega, and Square Enix are kind of unusually dead, and Konami and Tecmo Koei don't seem to be taking great advantage of the opening.

This mainly came up since the TGS Famitsu issue is out (and all the lead up ones) and there wasn't exactly a flood of announcements for like... any platform sans GREE.

I partially agree with you, but I think that for 3DS a lot of Japanes softco announced almost all their IPs back in the days at E3 2011, and some of them must still release them.
Square Enix for example should still release Bravely default, after having released DQM. Up to now we don't know their next games, but they could announce something after having put on the market their actual projects. It seems that Final Fantasy Chocobo is dead, but rumors about a possible next episode of DQ are very strong. Pluse, there is their new "manga-anime-game" series Gyrozetter arriving on 3DS. For new IPs is hard to foresee real potential in terms of sales I think.

I don't see FF arriving on 3DS with crucial episodes, but apart from FF and DQ, do they have other brand able to sell over 200K? Are they planning potential "over 2ooK" games for other platform apart FFXIII3?

Sega is, imho, the weakest softco up to now on 3DS, with no game announced after having released Miku and Rhythm thief. We'll see if they'll still have something in the pipeline. As for FF, it's hard to imagine Yakuza arriving on 3DS imho. Apart from the series, do they have other games with "over 200k" potential coming to other platform? Maybe PS Online on Vita? Dunno, its online nature could be an obstacle.

Tecmo-Koei is releasing Samurai Warriors right now, could ne necessary to wait a little bit for another Mosou announcment on the console, am I wrong? Plus, also in this case I don't see a lot of their IPs to be so strong sales-wise.

Namco announced SD naruto, Dragon Ball and now Vanguard. Not so strong sales-wise? probably, but yet again...

Marvelous for example has no game to be released up to now. Am I wrong? But they released a lot of games that performed well. I think that we could imagine additional games arriving on the platform. or not?

And so on with Capcom, Atlus, Level5...

So: I agree that we culd expect more third party strong announcments for 3DS from some of the developers, but they could come once their actual projects will be released on the market.

AniHawk

What do you mean by pretty much done?

passed on, no more, ceased to be, expired and gone to meet its maker. bereft of life, resting in peace. shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. you know, an ex-system.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
passed on, no more, ceased to be, expired and gone to meet its maker. bereft of life, resting in peace. shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible. you know, an ex-system.

AniHawk. He never disappoints. :p

Square is busy promoting Bravelt Delafaulto.

Once it's out of the way, I'm expecting them to announce some obvious games like FFV and FFTA3. Maybe at Jump Festa?

As for Vita, lol. But Sony snatched Kagura, good move.
A bitch don't give a shit.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake

this reminds me of a Monty Python sketch but cant remember which

Cuddler

I don't think I actually need to explain that, but one could say the Vita already peaked. :p
Exactly, if you are talking about almost completely stop selling and no more third party games out for it, I will say that maybe in 2014 is possible if nothing happens and all the things go completely wrong for it. (Price drop not working, ecc..) But there's still time and things can always change.
Wow, thanks for the great explanation! :)

Bruno MB

Well, PS Vita is effectively pretty much done but not in the sense of being discontinued, but in terms of being a relevant system.

It'll find its own niche (some developers will capitalize on Persona 4: Golden and Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f success, Marvelous is the first) and it will probably end its run with 4 or 5 million units sold.

Sigma Plus sold a whopping 5,480 units in its first week according to Famitsu. I wonder if all Ninja Gaiden fans are already on board.

Given how little relevant are those announcements, is it possible Sony pressed software houses to produce something, and they came out with the less risky projects and minimum efforts?

Given how little relevant are those announcements, is it possible Sony pressed software houses to produce something, and they came out with the less risky projects and minimum efforts?

This, the closest thing the Vita has had to a big exclusive from a 3rd party in the past 6 months is Miku and that's only a limited time exclusive.

Can we now, without hyperbole or ill-will, say the Vita is pretty much done? Such a shockingly poor showing at the Sony conference.

I apologize for not paying attention and needing to ask this...what was shown? Any rumors of upcoming stuff to be revealed at TGS or other events?

I didn't see an all-encompassing TGS thread to look this up in.

mclem

I apologize for not paying attention and needing to ask this...what was shown? Any rumors of upcoming stuff to be revealed at TGS or other events?

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492025 is the master thread, and there's a recap in the OT.

Most significant stuff: New colours, Soul Sacrifice *delayed*, no longer this year. A bunch of Marvelous titles coming over, including a new Senran Kagura title and a port of Muramasa.

Also, there was a Gundam trailer. It sounded exciting. Sounded. Similarly, God Eater 2 also coming out on Vita. Apparently it looks better than the PSP version. Not that we could tell.

The Vita conference - in part, at least - seemed to embody "This is what happens when a genre king moves out of a red ocean".

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492025 is the master thread, and there's a recap in the OT.

Most significant stuff: New colours, Soul Sacrifice *delayed*, no longer this year. A bunch of Marvelous titles coming over, including a new Senran Kagura title and a port of Muramasa.

Also, there was a Gundam trailer. It sounded exciting. Sounded.

PS mobile launching on oct 3 i would say is significant, might actuallt be able to get a Square game now

God eater 2 (multi with PSP) not till next year
Soul sacrifice not till next year
A couple of marvelous ports (next year as well I think)
Ninja gaiden sigma 2 LOL

Road

Why are people saying Sony's conference was a poor showing for the Vita?

They are releasing the ugliest console ever made. So, anyone who has 25000 yen and is forced to buy a Sony product will see the new PS3 and the Vita and get the Vita because it looks better.

Why are people saying Sony's conference was a poor showing for the Vita?

They are releasing the ugliest console ever made. So, anyone who has 25000 yen and is forced to buy a Sony product will see the new PS3 and the Vita and get the Vita because it looks better.

Or they'll just but the hot new wii u for the same price

First, I was totally serious.

Second, re-read what I wrote.

Totally serious what? Are Sony marketing staff lying in wait in video game shops putting a gun to the head of everyone that walks in with 25k yen saying spend it on Sony or we shoot? How is anyone forced to buy only Sony hardware

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
So either Sony was supremely arrogant and thought 3rd party support would just magically start appearing, or they are incompetent and never thought their new portable needed any software support.

It is done.

Cuddler

Totally serious what? Are Sony marketing staff lying in wait in video game shops putting a gun to the head of everyone that walks in with 25k yen saying spend it on Sony or we shoot? How is anyone forced to buy only Sony hardware

frankie_baby...Road was just trying to make fun of Sony...obviously the Wii U will sell more than the PS3.

So for Vita from the conference:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (port)
Senran Kagura (new or port?)
Valhalla Knights 3 (played the Wii game, I knew the series had a bad rep, but this was BAD...)
Muramasa (port)

Did I forget something?

Only shocks were that VK even still exists (first since 2009), and I thought Kagura was staying 3DS-exclusive? They said the sequel would be on 3DS right?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

What is that thing called Irony / Sarcasm.

So for Vita from the conference:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (port)
Senran Kagura (new or port?)
Valhalla Knights 3 (played the Wii game, I knew the series had a bad rep, but this was BAD...)
Muramasa (port)

Did I forget something?

Only shocks were that VK even still exists (first since 2009), and I thought Kagura was staying 3DS-exclusive? They said the sequel would be on 3DS right?

missing
God Eater 2
Some Gundam game we didn't see

Senran is a new game apparently

Sigma 2 wasn't at the conferance

Top Bottom