• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 4, 2014 (Jan 20 - Jan 26)

Foshy

All down from last year except Vita. This is what I find funny when people keep saying it's dying or dead.

To be fair, it IS dead outside of Japan and indies. The big western 3rd parties don't care anymore.

Only thing they can do in the west is releasing the Vita-2000 with a very drastic price-drop and market it heavily as a PS4 companion device. Maybe rebrand it as PSP4 or something. But even then, it won't be half as successful as the PSP.

That being said, I love my Vita, but I've just accepted it as what it is.

TheChaos0

3DS and Vita are pretty close this week, especially when comparing to the last year's figures. 3DS seems to be pretty unstable post-holiday.

To be fair, it IS dead outside of Japan and indies. The big western 3rd parties don't care anymore.
Western 3rd parties don't care about handhelds anymore. You will barely see them releasing games even on the 3DS. It is all smartphones and mobile market for them.

AmanoBuff

Decent hold for Vita. It hurts to see WiiU so low, even if it is totally expected.

Also, if we include digital sales, FF X/X-2 (Vita, PS3) has officially surpassed 500k.

Retail: 480,416
Digital: 28,000

Total: 508,416

Now go announce FFXII HD SQEX!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
You know what I'm hyped for?

This week's Famitsu has December digital sales as well! So hyped to see them :D

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
08./49. [3DS] Attack on Titan: The Last Wings of Mankind <ACT> (Spike Chunsoft) {2013.12.05} (¥6.090) - 17.282 / 221.249 (+792%)

Cade

Gotta say Vita looking up is one hell of a surprise. Glad it's scraping by at an acceptable rate.

Wii U though, oof. I own both systems and enjoy both systems but it's rare to see Nintendo swing and miss this badly :(

Vita means life!

i0Vn96LjZXWaK.gif

:lol

Vita 2014 is a mirror of Vita 2013.

Dropping every week with a bigger push in March, same games and all, Soul Sacrifice, Phantasy Star and Miku, it's kinda scary.

But this time I don't see it selling as much.

Vita March 2013:
60,561 (price cut)

I'm impressed that Vita manged to improve at all, but I would not classify its performance as "life" or "health." They're still poor numbers.

Nothing's doing very well across the board. I'm starting to wonder how the PS4 will do.

Foshy

Dropping every week with a bigger push in March, same games and all, Soul Sacrifice, Phantasy Star and Miku, it's kinda scary.

Vita March 2013:
60,561 (price cut)

It's starting out with way more momentum though.

Mecha

Sengoku Basara 4 is the first in the franchise to have a digital release. Does Media Create track these sales?

Vita still in rampaging beastmode <3. Hopefully hangs in there a couple more weeks (unlikely). When is the next Vita game that might cause a boost?

Glass Rebel

Pretty steep decline for Sengoku Basara 4. Not sure if a Vita version would have sold enough to reach SB3 (~116k) but this series isn't in a good position right now :(

Xater

Sengoku Basara 4 is the first in the franchise to have a digital release. Does Media Create track these sales?

Like that#s going to make a difference in the country where western digital only releases even get a disc release.

rokero

This is some depressing shit I'm glad vita seems to have found it's stride but WiiU ... what can be said that hasn't already been said Hope Nintendo learns from the mistakes made and can do better next time around

GCX

Am I the only one fascinated by the fact that there's a new PSP release on the charts in 2014.

Dat 10 year cycle.

Scariest figure: the 3DS's performance one year ago this week represents 86% of this week's TOTAL hardware sales across all platforms. Can't remember if there was a big 3DS release to go along with it but that does not strike me as good news for anyone.

duckroll

Oh, I guess I'm a bit out of date. What's the list at this point?

Not counting combined sales of re-releases and stuff, this is the Famitsu ranking right now:

1. FFXIII (1.9 million)
2. FFXIII-2 (881k)
3. RE6 (837k)
4. One Piece Musou (825k)
5. MGS4 (706k)
6. Tales of Xillia (664k)
7. GTA5 (649k)

Based on MC numbers, GTA5 would be at 6th, but I think the MC number for MGS4 is a bit higher too, so it'll take a while to get to 5th.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I take it that at this point, it's highly unlikely that WiiU will even meet the new revised down sales target.

Vita March 2013:
60,561 (price cut)

there was no miku in 2013 and every system drops week to week in January without a major release

Wii U is dropping like a stone. Vita is holding on very well although it's not hard to beat last year's numbers. Still, good for it. I hope it can continue doing at least these numbers.

30./23. [WIU] Taiko no Tatsujin: Wii U Version! # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.11.21} (¥5.480) - 2.979 / 130.673 <60-80%> (-29%)

Taiko still selling first shipment ?

allan-bh

I think it's more than impressive. It's a paradigm shift. Isn't it around the 3rd best selling PS3 game in Japan at this point?

I believe that is 7th right now

Final Fantasy XIII, Resident Evil 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, One Piece: Pirate Warriors, Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Gran Turismo 5 sold more.

I may have forgotten others.

Scariest figure: the 3DS's performance one year ago this week represents 86% of this week's TOTAL hardware sales across all platforms. Can't remember if there was a big 3DS release to go along with it but that does not strike me as good news for anyone.
3DS's drop off is the biggest point of focus to me this week (even if the same was true last week). The drop has been huge and is incredibly concerning when you consider the fact that two of the strongest IPs in Japan dropped on the system this year.

Top Bottom