• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 40, 2015 (Sep 28 - Oct 04)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
In the meanwhile, Monsterstrike is doing quite well on both Comgnet preorders and Amazon rankings. It'd be interesting to watch since it's basically a new IP in the handheld space.

I feel at minimum I'd consider it a popular licensed IP given 22 million unique downloads in Japan is a pretty astronomical proportion of the population.

Obviously they're trying to pick up a lot of younger children who don't have smartphones ye, but similarly may have awareness of the brand or played it on a family/parent's smart device.

horuhe

Some COMG! stuff, this time from Shibata.

They say it has been built a lot of expectation around God Eater Resurrection and that it has been pre-ordered a lot.
8V8z07L.jpg

7th Dragon has been quite popular, also. High first day sales are expected.

EDIT:

Also in Takarajima, a game store in Gifu City, they talk about the imminent release of 7th Dragon. They push their clients to pre-order until the last minute.

Darius

Banned
Dengeki Sales: Fiscal Year First Half 2015 Top 10 Publishers {2015.03.30 - 2015.09.27} (sharemarket)

1. Nintendo - 32,1%
2. Level 5 - 11,9%
3. Square Enix - 11%
4. Bandai Namco - 10,7%
5. Konami - 5,3%
6. Capcom - 4,9%
7. Sony Computer Entertainment - 3,1%
8. GunHo - 2,3%
9. Spike Chunsoft - 1,8%
10. Marvelous - 1,5%

Sega and Koei missed the top 10.
Nintendo is up from 24,7% last year to 32,1%.
Level 5 is down from 20,8% to 11,9% this year.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/134/1134819/

The dedicated market has been pretty much in Nintendos hands for quite some time now. The Pokemon Company hasn´t launched any big games this year but usually with a mainline release be it new or a remake they also end up having quite a big share. BigN and PkmnCo combined really have been the clearly dominant force in this segment.

Darius

Banned

They say it has been built a lot of expectation around God Eater Resurrection and that it has been pre-ordered a lot.

Interesting considering GE:R is tracking quite worse at ComG compared to the GE2 expansion.

18days left:
GE2 Rage Burst 278
GE:Resurrection 167

7th Dragon 3 VF looks like it will perform similar to the serieses standards.

Spiegel

It has some new moves, weapons lifted from GE2 and some story bits added I think.

So... a mini expanded God Eater Burst remaster?

Takao

Banned
It might be using a lot assets from the original, but what about the actual content? Is it 1:1 the PSP game? Or has there be redesigned game mechanics? Are there new characters? New weapons? New missions and bosses?

It has a new play style, some recycled weapons from GE2/RB and a new story that better links the first game to its sequel. Yeah, I guess that is more than just a port, but it really doesn't feel like this was meant to be a big release.

I'm surprised God Eater Resurrection is doing what it's doing on Vita to be honest. iirc they were giving away Burst on PSN when GE2 launched.

I know it's got new content and all, but it seems pricey for what it is. Then again, I guess hunting game fans have had no problem paying for minor content upgrades over the years.

I'm surprised God Eater Resurrection is doing what it's doing on Vita to be honest. iirc they were giving away Burst on PSN when GE2 launched.

I know it's got new content and all, but it seems pricey for what it is. Then again, I guess hunting games have had no problem paying for minor content upgrades over the years.

maybe the anime actually helped?

casiopao

sure, I made my favourite activity :

5b87d08a7adbe7955239ca6f0daf4288.gif

How dare u Hino-sama.o_O

09-youkai-watch-28.jpg

I feel at minimum I'd consider it a popular licensed IP given 22 million unique downloads in Japan is a pretty astronomical proportion of the populhttps://twitter.com/NeoGAFation.

Obviously they're trying to pick up a lot of younger children who don't have smartphones ye, but similarly may have awareness of the brand or played it on a family/parent's smart device.

My expectation for the title is for it to sell at least 1.5 million or more than P&D Z+ Mario Edition combined sales here. A bit high but i feel with how Monster Strike is ruling the smartphone chart, i don't think it is unreachable.

EDIT:

Also in Takarajima, a game store in Gifu City, they talk about the imminent release of 7th Dragon. They push their clients to pre-order until the last minute.

Please 7th Dragon do welllllll. And this time give some love for the classic old style 7th Dragon too.T_____T.

duckroll

It has a new play style, some recycled weapons from GE2/RB and a new story that better links the first game to its sequel. Yeah, I guess that is more than just a port, but it really doesn't feel like this was meant to be a big release.

A big release in what sense? It's not God Eater 3, no, but it's still a major release for the brand because they've invested substantially to expand the franchise this year. This game and the anime are likely intended to go hand in hand to be both additional entry points for people who aren't familiar with the series, and as new products for dedicated fans who want more of the characters and setting. They're even doing the same thing that they did with both the Idolmaster anime series- releasing deluxe BDs with "game" content, so they can sell every volume of the anime in game stores as well.

Vena

7th Dragon had the benefit of an excellent demo which has given it a good boost on tepid/wary purchasers and also started spreading some decent word of mouth for more people to try the demo.

Similar with TFH.

Takao

Banned
A big release in what sense? It's not God Eater 3, no, but it's still a major release for the brand because they've invested substantially to expand the franchise this year.

A big release meaning sales similar or better than Rage Burst.

I agree that this year was meant to be a big one for God Eater, but I'm not sure Resurrection is the game to measure whether or not that push was successful. I don't think the release is very attractive to existing fans. They already bought a GE game earlier this year, and Resurrection isn't offering much they haven't already played. We're going to need to wait for GE3 to really see if the fanbase has grown.

I'm curious to see how the anime sells. The animation style is very unique (both a positive and a negative) and I'm not sure the creeper cam mini-game will move units. I know the franchise plays into that at times (Alisa...), but it seems like a small part of its appeal.

Ōkami

Reading one of the blogs regarding Famista.

Seems as if the game performed better than expected and was sold out on his story, next shipment on November.

Might be reading it very wrong.

horuhe

Ōkami;181441736 said:

Seems as if the game performed better than expected and was sold out on his story, next shipment on November.

Not wrong at all. HMV and Rakuten had it in high positions. At Rakuten, indeed, is sold out.

casiopao

Ōkami;181441736 said:

Not wrong at all. HMV and Rakuten had it in high positions. At Rakuten, indeed, is sold out.

Man that thirst. If only Konami with Jikyou Power Pro series or hell like this one?

pa.148998.1.jpg

200k would be totally achievable here especially when Diamond no Ace Second Season is airing right now.

Ōkami;181441736 said:

Better than expected means something like 15k?

hiska-kun

Tsutaya's Report

- Winning Eleven 2016 for PS3 becomes the best selling game this week.
- Next one is Fifa 2016 for PS4, it had some stock problems in a few stores. The PS4 version is selling better than the PS3. Opposite case than Winning Eleven.
- Famista Returns sold far better than it was expected and the game is completely sold out at every store.

- Pre-orders for 7th Dragon III Code are favorable and it's expected to sell well.

L~A

Tsutaya's Report
- Famista Returns sold far better than it was expected and the game is completely sold out at every store.

- Pre-orders for 7th Dragon III Code are favorable and it's expected to sell well.

Famista is the one game I wasn't expecting to sell out at launch. And great for 7th Dragon III.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Tsutaya's Report

- Winning Eleven 2016 for PS3 becomes the best selling game this week.
- Next one is Fifa 2016 for PS4, it had some stock problems in a few stores. The PS4 version is selling better than the PS3. Opposite case than Winning Eleven.

Nothing about Uncharted?

sörine

Banned
Man that thirst. If only Konami with Jikyou Power Pro series or hell like this one?

pa.148998.1.jpg

200k would be totally achievable here especially when Diamond no Ace Second Season is airing right now.
In an alternate universe 3DS is saving non-mobile Powapuro sales and Vita is saving Winning Eleven sales. Also, Silent Hills, Igavania and Hudson Soft still exist.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
sörine;181473723 said:
In an alternate universe 3DS is saving non-mobile Powapuro sales and Vita is saving Winning Eleven sales. Also, Silent Hills, Igavania and Hudson Soft still exist.

Yeah, it boggles my mind the fact that 3DS never got a game from the Pawapuro franchise, not even the Nintendo-handheld exclusive spin-offs. I fear that now it'd be too late for the console, though: next episode is PS3/PS4/Vita, surely they don't want to develop a version running on a widely custom version of the engine on which the game runs on (or another engine altogether). Better luck next gen, I suppose...

Actually, in an alternate universe, given how the latest WE games sales(especially Blue Samurai, despite being a non-main release) were quite improving, both 3DS and Vita would be saving Winning Elevel series

tuffy

I'm curious to see how the anime sells. The animation style is very unique (both a positive and a negative) and I'm not sure the creeper cam mini-game will move units. I know the franchise plays into that at times (Alisa...), but it seems like a small part of its appeal.
They're bound to find some people who just want to see those last 4 episodes Ufotable couldn't finish in time for their air dates.

sörine

Banned
Yeah, it boggles my mind the fact that 3DS never got a game from the Pawapuro franchise, not even the Nintendo-handheld exclusive spin-offs. I fear that now it'd be too late for the console, though: next episode is PS3/PS4/Vita, surely they don't want to develop a version running on a widely custom version of the engine on which the game runs on (or another engine altogether). Better luck next gen, I suppose...

Actually, in an alternate universe, given how the latest WE games sales(especially Blue Samurai, despite being a non-main release) were quite improving, both 3DS and Vita would be saving Winning Elevel series
At this point a 3DS Powapuro could possibly match total PS ecosystem sales at a fraction the cost. Next gen we'll probably just see the franchise go mobile only along with the rest of Konami. Maybe sooner even.

duckroll

They're bound to find some people who just want to see those last 4 episodes Ufotable couldn't finish in time for their air dates.

What do you mean? For those who only want to watch the anime rather than pay a lot to collect it, why wouldn't they just watch the remaining episodes when they are broadcast early next year? It's not like the final volumes of the BD will be out before then. :p

tuffy

What do you mean? For those who only want to watch the anime rather than pay a lot to collect it, why wouldn't they just watch the remaining episodes when they are broadcast early next year? It's not like the final volumes of the BD will be out before then. :p
Last I heard, the remaining episodes were nebulously supposed to be "coming this winter" but I see volume 6 isn't due til late March, so I see they might not be turned into OVAs after all!

But for a show seemingly meant to tie in with a game release, the delay does look like a mess.

casiopao

sörine;181473723 said:

sörine;181474818 said:
At this point a 3DS Powapuro could possibly match total PS ecosystem sales at a fraction the cost. Next gen we'll probably just see the franchise go mobile only along with the rest of Konami. Maybe sooner even.

I guess the fact that Powapuro is doing really well on smartphone market already doom the possibilities of the game coming out on 3DS here sadly.T_T

All i can think as the reason why Konami avoided 3DS as much as possible is tx to how bad their performance on their early title on 3DS here.

Doctor Lautrec, Frogger 3D, New Love Plus, Beyond the Labyrinth and Castlevania Mirror of Fate perform badly sour their perception of 3DS market there.

I mean, when Tongari Boushi which one of their secret best selling title on DS is not doing so hot, what can u said here?

Sad sad day for Konami here.T_T

duckroll

Last I heard, the remaining episodes were nebulously supposed to be "coming this winter" but I see volume 6 isn't due til late March, so I see they might not be turned into OVAs after all!

But for a show seemingly meant to tie in with a game release, the delay does look like a mess.

Yeah "winter" is the anime season which starts in Jan. It'll broadcast before any of the episodes are out on BD.

Capcom Annual Report (Integrated Report) 2015

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/annual/2015/annual_2015_01.pdf

Quick galance:

-Characteristics of the big 3 markets (Mobile/Dedicated Platforms/Console). PC most stable. Mobile most profitable and fastest growth, but least stable. Dedicated platforms lowest margins.
-Capcom has 65 million sellers to date.
-Growth strategy in consumer business (handheld/console): Strength digital content. Focus on internal development to create titles more efficiently.
Growth strategy in online business: Strength mobile and PC online. Expand in Asia region.
-Software in FY2015 by platform: Nintendo > Sony > Microsoft. Packaged still Capcom biggest business.
-Software sales lowest since 2005 but Capcom is focusing on stability.
-20% of Capcom employees are females
-Capcom division 1 focusing on VR.
-multiple Interviews with the company's execs in the report but haven't checked them (have stuff to do).

oh hey, there's a nice feature about Sengoku Basara in all that

a tiny bit depressing to keep seeing them talk about Pachislot Basara though instead of like any of the games lol

to no one's surprise, Sengoku Basara 4 didn't meet sales expectations

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'll sort through Capcom's annual report and try to make a variety of threads. If people want I can drop links back in here.

casiopao

The margins between the parties is more telling. And this is with the WiiU seeing zero titles and the 3DS not seeing Revelations' sequel.

Capcom is really missing out here but not having Revelations 2 on 3DS here. Even if it is only bad port here.

At least that one should be able to give some sales like 150k sales there. And no Mon Hun 4 U for Wii U is also kinda sad there.

Well, lets hope PS4 and of course NX will be able to support Capcom more here especially when we keep seeing Capcom doing badly on smartphone market.

L~A

Capcom is really missing out here but not having Revelations 2 on 3DS here. Even if it is only bad port here.

At least that one should be able to give some sales like 150k sales there. And no Mon Hun 4 U for Wii U is also kinda sad there.

Well, lets hope PS4 and of course NX will be able to support Capcom more here especially when we keep seeing Capcom doing badly on smartphone market.

For RER2 to have been successful on 3DS it would have needed to be exclusive at launch. Even then, players might have simply waited for the inevitable PS3/4/X360/One/PC port.

L~A

Poor Chibi-Robo... Famista doing ok, I can see it get to 50k LTD if Bamco doesn't wait too long for new shipments.

Top Bottom