• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 45, 2013 (Nov 04 - Nov 10)

No early report for Vita 2000 or Vita TV. What the hell Famiteta.

And some comments before this week's report:

God Eater 2 out of the Amazon Top 20 already? This is when install base becomes a problem, it's sad (poor Pikmin 3). Will it face the same fate of Miku? Stay tuned!

Miku Vita - 158,009 / 214,515

Speaking of Miku...

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai (3DS) – 9/8/9/7 33/40
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2 (3DS) – 10/9/9/9 37/40

Irrelevant review scores for sure, but Mirai 2 truly is a big improvement over the first game. Will it sell more though?

Miku 3DS - 88,737 / 180,696

Mirai - 183pt
Mirai 2 - 136pt

L~A

Wouldn't God Eater 2 be out of the Top 20 because of some shortages? That, or it's getting some horrible word of mouth. Sounds really surprising anyway, since Soul Sacrifice had some pretty good legs, and there's no reason for GE2, from an established franchise, not to have as good (or even better) legs.

About Miku 2, it's pretty good news. SEGA really add lots of stuff in that game (they even include the content from the 1st game). I'm pretty much convinced it'll sell much better, at least because of the much bigger userbase (think it more than doubled compared to when PM1 was released?).

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Looking at God Eater 2 page, it's out of stock; it'll be available again on November 23rd.

duckroll

It does? Care to explain Monster Hunter 4?

Yes let's compare one of the biggest franchises in Japan. Amazing.

When something is sold out at a store, it deters people from ordering it. It's not hard to understand. When it's the biggest title ever, even when you take that into account, it will still chart, because it's that popular.

Yes let's compare one of the biggest franchises in Japan. Amazing.

When something is sold out at a store, it deters people from ordering it. It's not hard to understand. When it's the biggest title ever, even when you take that into account, it will still chart, because it's that popular.
So you are saying it doesn't stop a game from charting, thanks. Monster Hunter 4 was just one of the most recent example, games sell out all the time on Amazon.

And people can buy from third-party sellers, it's what's been happening since launch, as hongcha mentioned a few posts above.

duckroll

So you are saying it doesn't stop a game from charting, thanks. Monster Hunter 4 was just one of the most recent example, games sell out all the time on Amazon.

And people can buy from third-party sellers, it's what's been happening since launch, as hongcha mentioned a few posts above.

It's higher unlikely that God Eater 2 is sold out in most stores though. If it's sold out on Amazon, that would certainly affect orders if people know that they can just go down to a store and buy it. Amazon rankings don't really mean that much to begin with.

Foshy

3DS(60978)
PSP(3925)
Vita(90996)
Wii(736)
Wii U(14006)
PS3(11715)
Xbox 360(365)

GE2 PSV - 258826
GE2 PSP - 119620

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Awaiting the "Vita now crushes 3DS in Japan"-thread that's bound to be incoming soon :p

Really solid numbers for GE2 and Vita (tv)!

Vita outselling 3DS? That's got to be the first one
and the last one :p

It also happened during Soul Sacrifice week earlier in the year.

EDIT: beaten.com

God Eater 2 did really well, bigger debut than GE1 and Burst. Now let's see if the holiday can bring it to a bigger LTD as well.

L~A

Already happened once at Soul Sacrifice release ;)

You sure you don't mean Soul Sacrifce release + epic price drop + lots of new releases? ;)

Anyway, not sure if 42k is good or bad for Vita TV. Looks pretty meh in handheld land, I believe that's half what the Vita did at launch.

duckroll

You sure you don't mean Soul Sacrifce release + epic price drop + lots of new releases? ;)

Anyway, not sure if 42k is good or bad for Vita TV. Looks pretty meh in handheld land, I believe that's half what the Vita did at launch.

The Vita TV is not a handheld though.

vita did 340k at launch

Foshy

Price drop was the week before, actually. I was just pinpointing the exact week, I know there were lots of factors.

Vita did 300k at launch.

Raist

Banned
...I can't even tell ya. Champagne flowing all over my desk. Remember this day well, for it is the greatest of days.

It's always the champion though. Always.

Why would you pour champagne on your desk. Such a waste. Just do that with one of these nasty english ales instead.

Wait, I thought retail impressions were that people were choosing the cheaper model in drives over Vita TV? Pretty good launch for a new sku with limited game support.
No you read it all wrong, people chose the standalone Vita TV over the Vita TV bundle.

mjZTYrr.jpg
ENUIRYw.jpg

daxgame

Actually I was expecting bigger numbers for Vita TV (around 70-80k), maybe it was just me.
But God Eater sent the normal Vita to good numbers, at least :)

zeroOman

Actually I was expecting bigger numbers for Vita TV (around 70-80k), maybe it was just me.
But God Eater sent the normal Vita to good numbers, at least :)

me too I was hoping sony will do more ads to let the ppl know how good the vita tv is.... let's hope it keep at 40k and not going down

Top Bottom