• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 49, 2016 (Dec 05 - Dec 11)

Ōkami

That'd be the biggest opening for Momotetsu since 2004, what matters more is how big the shipment is for second week sales.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
People are going to be super disappointed in the Switch if they think switching to console mode turns it from a 3DS to a PS4.

They're going to run the chips a bit faster and maybe use the slightly faster cores from ARM's bigLITTLE setup to help with resolution of what is otherwise going to be an identical title.

On the DQ11 note, they announced it after ORCA had "just started" (a few months into development) to help hire staff.

You can see an article about them talking about their upcoming Dragon Quest project that had just begun from May 2015: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/2...studio-working-on-a-new-dragon-quest-project/

I would not be shocked to see it delayed given it sounds like it hasn't actually been in development all that long.

Abu DQXI forse switch it could be technically possible to run both versions, but wont happen

Even if this time they didn't want to, after the collapse at sales of YW2 they know they don't have a lot of time left.

But there is nothing to worry, Snack World will be the next big thing, bigger that everything else before.

Can wait to snack world sell 500k and be defined a flop here on GAF

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
I think I mentioned this before but 2011 is the year to look with the same dates so that you see sales trends. Weeks 50, 51, 52, 01 are the holiday weeks.

We actually Get numbers from Japan and they are weekly to top
Yes, but more info as in weekly could make it less likely to talk more but that's 5050

Npd use to always have big threads but have really gone down the past few years. Which is what publishers want I believe.

LordKano

Are there any raw numbers for sales projections for Snack world?
Peace dont refer to the "It Will be the next big thing " sentence. ..

There's none, and I was refering to this exact sentence. It clearly indicates that they are expecting another phenomena like Yokai Watch did. You could argue about what number it could means, but it's certainly way more than 500k in any case.

If YW4 drops below 500k and Snack World tops it, Hino's vision comes true.

Bingo !

Ōkami

On average YSO expects Sukiyaki's first two week sales to be lower than Shinuchi's second week sales.

Yo-kai Watch Movie 3 also just came out in Japan, last year the brand was strong enough that Movie 2 outgrossed Star Wars on opening weekend, with Movie 2 coming out on Sunday.

To further see how the brand has devaluated Yo-kai Watch will be releasing against Star Wars yet again, so it's interesting to see if Movie 3 manages to outgross a Star Wars spin off.

qingfengdizi

Neo Member
500k for a new IP is a flop. wow
This thread is just going crazy...

Ōkami;226803260 said:
On average YSO expects Sukiyaki's first two week sales to be lower than Shinuchi's second week sales.

Yo-kai Watch Movie 3 also just came out in Japan, last year the brand was strong enough that Movie 2 outgrossed Star Wars on opening weekend, with Movie 2 coming out on Sunday.

To further see how the brand has devaluated Yo-kai Watch will be releasing against Star Wars yet again, so it's interesting to see if Movie 3 manages to outgross a Star Wars spin off.

The yokai movie is also a spinoff.

Oregano

How much would Momotaro have to sell to be Itagaki's best selling game?(Although he might not be personally involved in its development?)

MuchoMalo

Banned
People are going to be super disappointed in the Switch if they think switching to console mode turns it from a 3DS to a PS4.

They're going to run the chips a bit faster and maybe use the slightly faster cores from ARM's bigLITTLE setup to help with resolution of what is otherwise going to be an identical title.

On the DQ11 note, they announced it after ORCA had "just started" (a few months into development) to help hire staff.

You can see an article about them talking about their upcoming Dragon Quest project that had just begun from May 2015: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/2...studio-working-on-a-new-dragon-quest-project/

I would not be shocked to see it delayed given it sounds like it hasn't actually been in development all that long.

Literally nobody thinks that. Both ends of that spectrum (portable being 3DS-level and docked being PS4-level) are ridiculous things that I've never seen anyone say. That said, it'll certainly be technically closer to PS4 than 3DS by any measure except raw FLOPS count. A downgraded PS4 version definitely makes more sense. Switch is, at worst, as powerful as a Vita successor would have been.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Right, I posted that in here last week, but that was the statement Aostia was asking be explicitly excluded in favor of raw numbers, yes?

Hino wants Snack World to become L5's next big hit. After looking at Layton, Inazuma and Yo-Kai in Japan (and WW), 500k is not what he expects.

Ōkami;226804742 said:
I like to think you're actually trying to get Chris mad.

I dk what you are talking about. I did not have any intention in making anyone mad.

Just stating my opinion upon observation on media create threads.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The old big L5 IPs were all DS/3DS only - with Snack World they are hitting mobile and 3DS at the same time. Would be weird for him to not have even higher expectations.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Hino wants Snack World to become L5's next big hit. After looking at Layton, Inazuma and Yo-Kai in Japan (and WW), 500k is not what he expects.
Oh, I definitely agree on that sentiment.

That said, I think unit sales might be the wrong way to think about this. It's a mobile game, so presumably they're not planning to sell a 5900 yen game on phones. It's plausibly an f2p title where all the revenue comes from digital and (importantly) physical loot boxes.

Are there any raw numbers for sales projections for Snack world?
Peace dont refer to the "It Will be the next big thing " sentence. ..

"The next big thing" could mean anything, but "a boom that surpasses Youkai Watch" rules out 500k being anything other than a flop, unless only the mobile version is a phenomenon and the sales of the 3DS version end up just being the cherry on top.

Orgen

Holidays are almost over and I don't think it will sell over a million in the next few weeks

Just in case you're not trolling (and I'm seriously doubting it) 2 points to note:

1.- Holidays are not almost over, in fact the 3 biggest weeks of the year (SW and HW) are still coming.
2.- Even when holidays are over and if Pokemon doesn't sell a million, Sun and Moon are not going to stop selling. They're the very definition of legs (with Mario and Animal Crossing) and I'm pretty sure it'll stay in the top20 until Switch releases in Japan.

I don't know which Media Create threads have you been following but you should already know how Pokemon sells.

Kanann

Ouch...

Best (worst) case scenario, they're just recycling some (most) assets from DQX to XI and volla! 2017!!!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
We don't know how it will do in the long run but the holidays wouldn't matter if the game was bad/unappealing.

If it's bad sure, but unappealing is debatable. It's the newest first party release, might make for a good gift or self gift. Holiday spirit makes people take more liberties with their wallets.

Oregano

If it's bad sure, but unappealing is debatable. It's the newest first party release, might make for a good gift or self gift. Holiday spirit makes people take more liberties with their wallets.

Fairly sure Momotaro Dentetsu is the latest first party release, also you know... Super Mario Maker 3DS. Don't let that get in the way of your weird vendetta against Miitopia though.

hiska-kun

I dk what you are talking about. I did not have any intention in making anyone mad.

Chris said this:

I think I mentioned this before but 2011 is the year to look with the same dates so that you see sales trends. Weeks 50, 51, 52, 01 are the holiday weeks.

For Chris, holidays hasn't started yet, and you're saying they are almost over.

saichi

which media create threads you observed is telling you Pokemon has to sell over a million in the next few weeks for it to sell more than 4 mil LT?

Ōkami

1. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki - 411
  2. [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS - 192
  3. [3DS] Pokemon Sun - 161
  4. [3DS] Pokemon Moon - 149
  5. [PSV] SaGa: Scarlet Grace - 116
  6. [PS4] Yakuza 6: The Song of Life - 81
  7. [3DS] Miitopia - 52
  8. [3DS] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Heroes - 44
  9. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV - 34
  10. [WIU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition - 24
  11. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition - 21
  12. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Mura o Tsukurundesu - 19
  13. [3DS] Mario Party: Star Rush - 19
  14. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo - 19
  15. [PS4] Watch Dogs 2 - 18
  16. [PS4] The Last Guardian - 14
  17. [PS4] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition - 12
  18. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Tempura - 12
  19. [3DS] Beyblade Burst - 11
  20. [PS4] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 - 11
Used Games
[PS4] Final Fantasy XV - 13
[3DS] Pokémon Sun - 8
[PS4] Yakuza 6 - 7

Preorders
[3DS] Monster Hunter XX - 289
[PS4] Resident Evil 7: biohazard - 76
[PS4] Gran Turismo Sport - 60
[3DS] Momotaro Dentetsu 2017 - 59
[PS4] Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 - 48
[3DS] Osomatsu-san Matsumatsuri - 37
[PSV] Danganrompa V3 - 31
[PS4] Super Robot Wars V - 26
[PS4] Gravity Rush 2 - 20
[PSV] Super Robot Wars V - 18
[PS4] Valryria: Azure Revolution - 14
[PS4] Danganrompa V3 - 10

sanstesy

Fairly sure Momotaro Dentetsu is the latest first party release, also you know... Super Mario Maker 3DS. Don't let that get in the way of your weird vendetta against Miitopia though.

It's his vendetta against Miis, not Miitopia as a game - even though Miitopia itself selling well/bad has little crossover with the fact that Miis still have/now don't have appeal.

At least it's kinda entertaining just to follow his naive leaps of logic.

Top Bottom