• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 7, 2016 (Feb 15 - Feb 21)

Eolz

PREDICTION LEAGUE MARCH 2016

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from Feb 29 to Mar 27):

[PS4 + PSV] Gundam Breaker 3 (25 days) - 180k
[PS4 + PSV] Summon Night 6 (18 days) - 111k
[PS4 + XB1] Tom Clancy's The Divison (18 days) - 79k
[WIU] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (18 days) - 64k
[WIU] Pokkén Tournament (10 days) - 132k
[PS4 + XB1] Dark Souls III (4 days) - 143k
[3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 (4 days) - 325k

I really don't know how much of an impact the wiiu shortages will have on new software...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The blog is leaking again...

This time hard level for the puzzles. lol

Where's Professor Layton when you need it.

Seriously, where did Layton 7 go? Another Level 5 mobile game that disappeared since last year

Xenoboy

PREDICTION LEAGUE MARCH 2016

Predict how much these titles will sell in the month (from Feb 29 to Mar 27):

[PS4 + PSV] Gundam Breaker 3 (25 days) - 153k
[PS4 + PSV] Summon Night 6 (18 days) - 100k
[PS4 + XB1] Tom Clancy's The Divison (18 days) - 43k
[WIU] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (18 days) - 89k
[WIU] Pokkén Tournament (10 days) - 120k
[PS4 + XB1] Dark Souls III (4 days) - 162k
[3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 (4 days) - 750k

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Maybe because 2DS is limited to just some stores, they can't give an accurate estimate with their sample.

The problem is Media Create doesn't see it as a new SKU because it's limited at supply and at specific stores, not the size of sample. These are big chains in Japan. Famitsu had 2DS as new hw but not giving an early report maybe means they won't give numbers either.

L~A

Yodobashi Camera: Wii U stock's notice

Wii U Premium and Wii U Super Mario Maker Set new shipment will arrive this Saturday 5th of March. Units are limited, and just one console per person can be bought. Pre-orders opened until they run out of units.

GamesMaya also mentioned that the new Wii U shipment will arrive this Saturday.
And I think that will be the norm for the rest of big retailers.

Since there's Pokkén Tournament on March 18 with the bundle, I guess that's when things will go back to normal?

First leak:

2DS not covered, not tracked

Damn, that's a shame. 2DS won't be taken into account in global 3DS numbers, then?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Predictions

[PS4 + PSV] Gundam Breaker 3 (25 days) - 210.987
[PS4 + PSV] Summon Night 6 (18 days) - 123.456
[PS4 + XB1] Tom Clancy's The Division (18 days) - 98.763
[WIU] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (18 days) - 67.890
[WIU] Pokkén Tournament (10 days) - 123.456
[PS4 + XB1] Dark Souls III (4 days) - 210.987
[3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 (4 days) - 567.590

Bruno MB

[PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.05.23} (¥7.480) - 128.659 / NEW

[PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War II # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.06.26} (¥7.689) - 62.649 / NEW
[WIU] Kamen Rider: Battride War II # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.06.26} (¥7.689) - 6.936 / NEW

[PS4 + PS3 + PSV] Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥6.100) ~ 78,000 / NEW

It basically retained the same audience (+ 8.000 over the previous title) which I guess it can be seen as a sort of success for a third entry.

[NDS] Mega Man Zero Collection <Mega Man Zero \ Mega Man Zero 2 \ Mega Man Zero 3 \ Mega Man Zero 4> <ACT> (Capcom) (¥4.190) - 21.736 / NEW

[3DS] Mega Man Legacy Collection <Mega Man \ Mega Man 2 \ Mega Man 3 \ Mega Man 4 \ Mega Man 5 \ Mega Man 6> <ACT> (Capcom) (¥3.990) ~ 24.000 / NEW

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
It basically retained the same audience (+ 8.000 over the previous title) which I guess it can be seen as a sort of success for a third entry.

I was honestly expecting worse than that for Kamen Rider. It didn't do bad.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Nirolak said:
It appeared to be a randomly generated dungeon f2p game, so I wouldn't be shocked if it was a pretty cheap title in the grand scheme of console games.
One of the biggest fallacies industry made over last 10 years was assuming that they could make "AAA" F2P titles cheaply for quick profit.
Pretty much every project of this kind ended up being a lot more costly than planned(well into realms of retail games), and consequently most of them didn't live up to their commercial expecations either. The few exceptions that did were either hilariously expensive even by AAA standards, or just got really-really lucky (or a combination of both).

Deep Down already came on the tail end of publishers waking up to this, so it's probably either been rebooted into retail title or canned alltogether.

That's pretty decent. Similar games have seen continued decline between entries, so to see an increase like this (plus I'd imagine better digital sales) is good.

I have to think it's helped by the fact the second entry went to Wii U though, which really didn't seem like a good fit.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Wii U < 2000

If Famitsu doesn't give numbers either we'll find 2DS shipment in Japan from Nintendo FY report in April.

Kysen

I watched a stream of the Kamen rider game and it looks and runs like a PS2 game(PS4 version). How can people be throwing money away on junk like that.

duckroll

I watched a stream of the Kamen rider game and it looks and runs like a PS2 game(PS4 version). How can people be throwing money away on junk like that.

Same reason how people can throw money at Pokemon, Minecraft, or Angry Birds. Graphics aren't the most important thing for many people.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
That's pretty decent. Similar games have seen continued decline between entries, so to see an increase like this (plus I'd imagine better digital sales) is good.

I have to think it's helped by the fact the second entry went to Wii U though, which really didn't seem like a good fit.

They took a bigger break this time, more that 1,5 year, and maybe content and quality wise the new entry offered something better.

Being spread across 3 platforms also helped.

They took a bigger break this time, more that 1,5 year, and maybe content and quality wise the new entry offered something better.

PS3 One Piece: Pirate Warriors 627,214

PS3 One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 269,035
PSV One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 54,509

PS3 One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 81,387
PSV One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 42,845
PS4 One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 37,812

(Famitsu numbers because I'm in work and feeling lazy)

This was what I thought was the best point of comparison. Both series were musou games based on existing properties; also went from 1 platform -> 2 platforms -> 3 platforms between entries and took ~ 1 year between the first and second entries and ~ 2 years between the second and third entries.

I bet Koei/Bamco wish OPPW maintained FW sales like Kamen Rider has (though obviously OPPW had the boost worldwide).

Makes me wonder how DQH 2 is going to do. FW sales halved from the first entry seems likely.

Top Bottom