• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Software Sales 19th-25th Dec

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Kroole said:
Maybe (I'm hopeful here) the series will get the recognition (saleswise) it deserves on the Rev.

well once we are all box selecting pikmin computer mouse style, it might get some more fans (I'm really hoping that the revmote is a good RTS tool)

heidern

Oh wow, those are nice DS sales. I bet Iwata had a very merry Christmas. With Brain Training Zwei out next week I expect DS sales should be around 400-500K unless shortages bite. Thats 1.48M in the past 4 weeks and means the DS will be pretty close to hitting 2M for the 5 week December. Consider that the DS was 2.278M for the entire year on Nov 27th and the psp was at 1.65M for the year and it shows how amazing it is.

A big story is hidden in these charts though is the 3rd party DS sales have also come strong. Both Draonball Z and Slime Mori Mori are gonna be around 150K+ and are looking like they could hit over 250K which is what the top psp games sell. People made the mistake of writing these off, and ignored the fact that DS games can very easily grow legs from nowhere and also because this is the holiday season games can often not drop at all and even increase in sales week to week. Mushiking also saw very little drop off and is around 100K, and could very well sell 200K or 300K or more in the long run. Add in the runaway success of Tamagotchi and it seems the DS has cemented itself as a good system for 3rd parties in just these past couple of weeks.

Oh, and ioi you really need to put a disclaimer for your site. I see this one and it is misleading:
everythingornothing said:
These charts are the most accurate on the internet and stretch right back over the last ten years.

This suggests your site is an "official source" but it isnt. It may be the most accurate on the net, but it is not all based on raw info. You should put a full explanation of how you come up with these numbers on the actual site so that people can decide how they take this info with their eyes wide open.

Top Bottom