• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legacy Collection |OT| One "Mighty" Collection

wondermega

- As of the moment, sources are saying that the 3DS version will NOT have any 3d capabilities (despite the rumors going around late last year...) The "3D warnings" that comes usually with 3DS releases are no where to be seen on MMLC's box art.

I'll believe it when I see it, not long to wait now. And considering the launch is so close, one would figure they would have touted such a feature by now, rather than being completely silent about it.. But seriously that is just lame, Capcom. A real disappointment. At least Sega still gives a shit about catering to this market. No sale.

Chuckie

Guys, I never played Mega Man 9 and 10. Is there a way for me to play those?
I have a WiiU and a PS4.

Didn't seen worthy of a new thread so I thought I'd ask here were it is full with retro Mega Man lovers.

Piccoro

I have a WiiU and a PS4.

Didn't seen worthy of a new thread so I thought I'd ask here were it is full with retro Mega Man lovers.

You can download both games on WiiWare. On your Wii U, you have to go to Wii mode (you'll need a Wiimote), go to the Wii Shop and purchase them there.

Edit: Beaten.
On PlayStation consoles, the games are only available on PS3. So if you wanna play them on PS4 you can rent the games through PS Now (if you're in the US).

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
I have a WiiU and a PS4.

I mean I'm sure you can still download them using the original Wii shop.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo...1127/~/how-to-download-wii-shop-channel-items

Just can't use some of the online features.

Blah waited too long to post and got beat. Though yes you should get the idea now. Wii is the way to go if you're looking for a NES style control style just like the original games. It just feels right.

Robin64

Do we know anything about the image quality on 3DS? VC games looks pretty awful on there. I'm assuming they'll run at 4:3, which means it won't be 1:1 pixels, but that can still look okay.

Chuckie

Thanks for all the replies my fellow Mega Man fans :D

I am going to check Wiiware out. I still have Wiimotes, so that shouldnt be a prob. The old wiistore used WiiPoints right?

Piccoro

Thanks for all the replies my fellow Mega Man fans :D

I am going to check Wiiware out. I still have Wiimotes, so that shouldnt be a prob. The old wiistore used WiiPoints right?

Yes, if you buy a Nintendo Points card, be sure to use it on the Wii Shop first. Don't use them on the Wii U's eShop!

Do we know anything about the image quality on 3DS? VC games looks pretty awful on there. I'm assuming they'll run at 4:3, which means it won't be 1:1 pixels, but that can still look okay.

All the screenshots of the 3DS version looked pixel mapped so the aspect ratio is like 8:7 instead of the proper 4:3. I wonder if there are any video options.

Robin64

All the screenshots of the 3DS version looked pixel mapped so the aspect ratio is like 8:7 instead of the proper 4:3. I wonder if there are any video options.

I found an image of decent quality, cropped the gameplay screen down, came out at 256 x 224. So they're leaving it pixel mapped, but also chopping off the parts that NTSC TVs would've hidden. Comparison below, 3DS on the left, NES (in an emulator) on the right.

xpyMVjz.png
EZNLKlm.png
uHTkWA6.png

Edit: The Wii U version seems to display 228 pixels in height, so I added that to the comparison. Third one along, of course.

G-Fex

oh wow that's a little smashed together.

I have a old 3DS, can I still buy the LC on that? (assuming I can get my wifi to work with it )

hayejin

hawk2025

Any more news on how the versions compare?

I see that the 3DS Limited Edition is back up on Best Buy and comes with some extra goodies, but I'm wondering if there's a reason to pick up the PS4 version instead.

Any more news on how the versions compare?

I see that the 3DS Limited Edition is back up on Best Buy and comes with some extra goodies, but I'm wondering if there's a reason to pick up the PS4 version instead.

I've been waiting as well hoping some more info would come out regarding the PS3/3DS versions.

I'm tempted to buy the 3DS collectors edition, but I dunno... I think I may enjoy these more on the big screen.

hawk2025

I've been waiting as well hoping some more info would come out regarding the PS3/3DS versions.

I'm tempted to buy the 3DS collectors edition, but I dunno... I think I may enjoy these more on the big screen.

What's pushing me over the edge is the "18-track soundtrack" on the 3DS version.

If it's a CD and not a download code, I'm in.

Edit: Wait, they all come with the CD? The 3DS limited edition version just has the Amiibo and 6 postcards on top of it?

I think the 3DS version also has exclusive challenge stages, and museum mode items?

From Amazon:
* Use the original Mega Man amiibo or new gold Mega Man amiibo to unlock 11 Nintendo 3DS exclusive challenges.
* Museum Mode - Take a look back at the history of Mega Man with loads of information, original concept art, and more than 100 Nintendo 3DS exclusive Museum items

A few older threads I came across said the music comes as a download code (like Shovel Knight did), and you do not get a physical soundtrack (nothing has been confirmed though as far as I've seen. Kinda worrying with the release being so close)

So, I wonder...when this launches next week, will the current digital versions finally receive the patch that fixes issues we've been dealing with since August ???

Still hoping for it. But I feel they would have mentioned that by now.

Frank Cifaldi had a pinned tweet on his Twitter page for months saying that they're working on a patch. I just checked and it's no longer there. If fixes aren't coming next week with this retail release and a patch for digital owners, I'm going to be pretty upset.

Saikyo

Frank Cifaldi had a pinned tweet on his Twitter page for months saying that they're working on a patch. I just checked and it's no longer there. If fixes aren't coming next week with this retail release and a patch for digital owners, I'm going to be pretty upset.

If you bought the steam version and havent refunded hoping for a patch...

Good thing I did, shame that Radeon users cant be Mega Man fans.

PetrCobra

The talk here about how difficult 1 is gives me confidence to finally try and properly play the other games. I beat MM1 many years ago (multiple times) but never played any other MM game for longer than a few hours.

leroidys

If you bought the steam version and havent refunded hoping for a patch...

Good thing I did, shame that Radeon users cant be Mega Man fans.

Yeah, have a Radeon, fortunately refunded it after the initial rollout planning on buying it a couple weeks later when they inevitably patched it.

:(

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon just emailed me that my PS4 statue CE was delayed a week. Nothing good ever comes of Mega Man related delays! :(

So I've been out of the loop on this collection until recently. I just now heard about the input lag, sound issues, and slowdown (not in the originals).

Pretty bummed out, and am worried about picking it up now on the PS4. Hopefully the 3DS version somehow runs better. I don't have a good feeling about this.

So I've been out of the loop on this collection until recently. I just now heard about the input lag, sound issues, and slowdown (not in the originals).

Pretty bummed out, and am worried about picking it up now on the PS4. Hopefully the 3DS version somehow runs better. I don't have a good feeling about this.

I honestly haven't noticed any input lag or slowdown (that wasn't present in the NES games) in the PS4 version. I'm not saying they don't exist but I personally haven't come across these particular problems.

The sound issues absolutely do exist though. And they've been known about since a few minutes after the game launched. It was brought up in this very thread, in fact, by AgentOtaku.

A patch was apparently being worked on. It's been six months though, so I've lost all hope. This "new" Digital Eclipse is not impressing me.

Bog

Junior Ace
I got 40% off double dip bonus with Prime on my Statue edition, plus they gave me the $5 "delay" bonus, even though it's no longer delayed. Can't beat that.

Robin64

I can try and answers questions about the 3DS version, if you guys have them.

Right off the bat, I tried the "Credits" feature and I am already not impressed! The vertical scrolling isn't smooth, with a judder every second like clockwork, and there's even some screen tearing. Screen tearing, on the 3DS!

Edit: I am not terribly happy with this performance. The levels don't feel like they're scrolling as smooth as they should be, and sometimes screen transitions are VERY juddery. (And sometimes not!)

Edit2: On a positive note, all the US and EU boxes and carts are available to view in the Museum. So that's nice.

KingBroly

Banned

Right off the bat, I tried the "Credits" feature and I am already not impressed! The vertical scrolling isn't smooth, with a judder every second like clockwork, and there's even some screen tearing. Screen tearing, on the 3DS!

Edit: I am not terribly happy with this performance. The levels don't feel like they're scrolling as smooth as they should be, and sometimes screen transitions are VERY juddery. (And sometimes not!)

Edit2: On a positive note, all the US and EU boxes and carts are available to view in the Museum. So that's nice.

Yeesh. Digital Eclipse strikes again.

The icon looks terrible, too.

Beamerjld

Neo Member
I'm still looking forward to the 3ds version, Colin Moriarty created a challenge for it and I'm curious to see what he came up with.

Andyliini

Hmm...

I'll probably wait a bit with this one, as I can only get it digitally here in Europe (for 3DS). I have Project X Zone 2 and Bravely Second to play anyway, so I can wait a bit with this one. Still' it's cheaper to get it rather that buying all the Virtual Console -versions, even if they run a bit better.

Nope, no 3D in the games. The only 3D is that the borders sit a little way behind the gameplay screen.

That is weak. Yes, it would've been tricky, but I've seen several solutions for how to handle it proposed (even with the background trickery it uses), and M2 has jumped through way more hoops to accomplish it than they ever would have.

Robin64

Hmm...

I'll probably wait a bit with this one, as I can only get it digitally here in Europe (for 3DS). I have Project X Zone 2 and Bravely Second to play anyway, so I can wait a bit with this one. Still' it's cheaper to get it rather that buying all the Virtual Console -versions, even if they run a bit better.

For what it's worth, it looks a lot nicer than the VC releases. The 1:1 pixel ratio used, rather than Nintendo stretching it to 4:3, is very welcome.

Christian

Don't know if anyone's interested or if this is common knowledge, but it looks like Play-Asia opened more preorders for the 3DS version with the gold amiibo. It's for the NA version of the game. I don't know what the availability is, but I see it's sold out at Amazon.

BriGuy

I picked this up on the PC last night, and I can't get past the first section of Bubbleman's stage with the falling platforms. The control lag gets me killed every single time. I make one leap, and MM pauses just long enough to drop like a stone into oblivion. Other stages also feature slow down that weren't in the original versions. Kind of flabbergasted here. I've played emulated copies of these games on a 100 Mhz Pentium close to 20 years ago that ran better.

So, the performance is worse than the 3DS Virtual Console versions of these games?

Robin64

So, the performance is worse than the 3DS Virtual Console versions of these games?

Yeah, it is. Though the difference in image quality sort of makes up for it, it's annoying every time you get a judder.

Just to make sure it wasn't anything to do with specific points in the level, I used an area in Metal Man's stage where you can ride a conveyor belt for a couple of screens without moving. Sometimes that movement smooth, sometimes it wasn't.

Yeah, it is. Though the difference in image quality sort of makes up for it, it's annoying every time you get a judder.

Just to make sure it wasn't anything to do with specific points in the level, I used an area in Metal Man's stage where you can ride a conveyor belt for a couple of screens without moving. Sometimes that movement smooth, sometimes it wasn't.

It's nice that the image quality is better but I am not happy right now. I guess I need to decide today if I should cancel my 3DS pre-order.

So, Digital Eclipse failed to patch the issues of the console / PC versions of the game after promising they would six months ago and now it looks like the 3DS version, which took them an extra half year to develop, has its own set of problems.

Yeah, I think I'm done with them.

Top Bottom