• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaton Musashi W: Wired. Anyone Playing This?

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
2x1_NSwitchDS_MegatonMusashiWWiredStandardEdition_image1600w.jpg

e576819ef6601e9a4f748cfa819036cb4a7e844bb71dfe0803d3efb5dfb28043

Basically Level 5 made a story heavy anime mech game. Story is presented similar to 13 sentinels.

megaton_musashi_feature.jpg

Online gameplay. CO Op and pvp. With an active pro scene.

img_slide_online01.jpg

uk-versus-usa-in-the-megaton-musashi-world-cup.jpg

Looks awesome though:

Last edited:

BossLackey

Gold Member
Not yet, but I absolutely will at some point. If it weren't for Stellar Blade's release, this is probably what I'd be looking to for my action fix.

KàIRóS

Yup, I'm playing Sand Land and this game right now and honestly I'm liking this one more, the Mecha customization is really good, it's no Armored Core but it gets the job done.

So far I would say this game is basically a spiritual succesor to Level 5s Little Battlers eXperience for the 3DS (if anyone here ever played that lol)

81HFy0oAriL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Impotaku

I could excuse digital only if it was a tiny indie dev but sorry level 5 has the ability to make this a physical release, hell they even released another Inazuma physically on switch so zero excuse as that franchise is pretty much dead.

I wanted to play but I’ll just stick with the first game as it has a ton of content I still haven’t gotten through.

Chechack

Im playing,around level 28 now so far your typical shonen anime mech

Doesnt seem like many people playing it as pvp seems barren

StereoVsn

Never heard of the game, but yeah, lack of physical sucks. I threw it in my Steam wishlist, might pick it up down the line.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I almost did but then I saw it was one of these " fake stage " area fighters and decide to wait for a price drop.

Throwing a very small linear area with groups of enemies into an arena fighter is a pretty shady new tactic. And this is not the first game to do it.

Damigos

Wrong; all the games i buy are 100% physical no internet required.
I know physical games dont require internet (most at least). But i am saying a different thing. If you ONLY buy physical, then you miss out for more than 80% (maybe more) of the TOTAL games that are released

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I got i too, it reminds of Gundam Battle Alliance but with a better story system with the town.

Parked until I finish Stellar Blade though as I prioritised finishing Sand Land over it first.

I know physical games dont require internet (most at least). But i am saying a different thing. If you ONLY buy physical, then you miss out for more than 80% (maybe more) of the TOTAL games that are released
I don't miss out on anything; i own over 2k games. I only buy games that appeal to me (I'm not a collector) i also don't care for multiplayer games. i primarily play horror games and Action Rpg. 90% of all console games do not require an online connection. I generally don't play on PC.

Damigos

I don't miss out on anything; i own over 2k games. I only buy games that appeal to me (I'm not a collector) i also don't care for multiplayer games. i primarily play horror games and Action Rpg. 90% of all console games do not require an online connection. I generally don't play on PC
I ve also played thousands of games, and around 70-80% are digital only. Also, every goty indie gem is almost exclusive on digital platforms

I ve also played thousands of games, and around 70-80% are digital only. Also, every goty indie gem is almost exclusive on digital platforms
The things i enjoy are not modern in most cases; indie games don't do it for me. As i said pc gaming is not my forte. I've been gaming for 40+ year i could stop buying gaming as soon as they stop producing games i like, the way i like. If games aren't physical i won't buy them. 100% know give.

Mr.ODST

Worth getting? Want something new to play on my Switch and it looks great, heard its digital only? but great reviews

Damigos

The things i enjoy are not modern in most cases; indie games don't do it for me. As i said pc gaming is not my forte. I've been gaming for 40+ year i could stop buying gaming as soon as they stop producing games i like, the way i like. If games aren't physical i won't buy them. 100% know give.
Yes, cool, i respect that. Its just too bad you re missing on so many indies. even on consoles.

sigmaZ

Just started playing this today and man is way better than I thought. Controls are simple but tight. Reminds me a bit of something like Virtua On. What impressed me the most is how dark the story tone is. I was expecting a soy exploring my feelings state the obvious vibe, but it's very much a tough guy shonen vibe and has some cojones. I even like the way they handled the town NPC dialogue. It has a very oldschool RPG vibe where NPCs have short quippy one-liners and comment on the local environment and other nearby NPCs. Music has also been great thus far (outside the intro which they decided to put in half forced English and half Japanese. Don't know what that's about)

Last edited:
Top Bottom