• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Melissa Barrera Let Go “Cancelled” From “Scream VII”

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitbydeath

images

Melissa Barrera (“Vida,” “Carmen,” “In the Heights”) will no longer star in the upcoming “Scream VII” at Spyglass according to THR.

The actress has reportedly been dropped from the project after a series of social media posts in the wake of the Israel-Hamas War. Spyglass, the company behind the Scream franchise, had no comment for the trade.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Sorry Melissa but trying to play the "there are two sides" thing was over the moment Hamas massacred over a 1000 Jews like barbarians. It was over the moment Al Jazeera tried to censor themselves after interviewing an old wounded Palestinian man who flat out said he got wounded because the cowards of Hamas hide amongst the civilians and they cut away quickly cause they were live (fuckers are funded by Qatar).

I don't think Melissa hates Jews but she put her foot in her mouth and this is what happened. Obviously the entire franchise will fall apart despite being at it's best both commercially and critically because she tried to "both sides" a conflict in which there is only one side. The logical side.

Bubye babe

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Dumbass should have watched this video

She'll easily be replaced by Jenna Ortega. Maybe they'll even find some more money in the budget to bring Neve Campbell back.

Jenna is already in it. Haven't you seen the last two movies? Jenna is the little sister.

ManaByte

They are a film newsite that reposted a simple quote from the director saying that he didn't make that decision?
It’s the second post they made falsely framing it as being against genocide and not her being a stupid antisemitic idiot.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
It’s the second post they made falsely framing it as being against genocide and not her being a stupid antisemitic idiot.
I don't think she's antisemitic. She's just an idiot. What Hamas has done can never be undone, and it's clear that the media had a bias for a while against Israel and kept reporting on them trying to root out the filth that is Hamas as genocide while ignoring that they were doing fantastic things like creating tons of jobs for Palestinians but that is beside the point. Now it's the more of the same and Israel is a boogeyman. which they are not and never were. And never will be.

I don't think that Melissa Barrera is a full-on pro Hamas jihadi or something. She's just another rich moron that is uneducated and well, shot herself in the foot. But let's not like call everyone reposting her stupidity as being for a fake genocide or something.

Last edited:

Billbofet

I think people in to and brought up on social media feel they have to have an opinion on everything. You don't.
With everything being sports teams the last 10 years, shit like this is going to happen. Can't say I give a shit about this lady though. Play dumb games, etc.
But gosh, I hope Scream is able to recover and maintain its high level of quality through all this.....

Cyberpunkd

I think people in to and brought up on social media feel they have to have an opinion on everything. You don't.
Well, they do, it’s just that nobody cares, so there’s this cognitive dissonance by being brought up thinking you are special and the brain is fighting to make you realise it’s the opposite.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
One of the hosts of the popular horror YouTube channel “Dead Meat” is defending the actress and playing both sides, claiming that what is going on in Gaza is a genocide and that Israel is as much to blame.

I cancelled my patreon and unsubscribed. Suggest others do the same.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

One of the hosts of the popular horror YouTube channel “Dead Meat” is defending the actress and playing both sides, claiming that what is going on in Gaza is a genocide and that Israel is as much to blame.

Yeah, the Dead Meat guy is very much in the far left camp. When I was still on Twitter he used to come out with some pretty egregious stuff, before I unfollowed him.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Yeah, the Dead Meat guy is very much in the far left camp. When I was still on Twitter he used to come out with some pretty egregious stuff, before I unfollowed him.
I avoided twitter like the plague. So unless they usually say something and it gets posted on GAF or in their channel, I will miss it.

Disappointing as there are so few good horror movie channels out there.

FunkMiller

I avoided twitter like the plague. So unless they usually say something and it gets posted on GAF or in their channel, I will miss it.

Disappointing as there are so few good horror movie channels out there.

Agreed. I really dug his earlier stuff, but much like most Youtubers, the quality has dropped off a cliff, and his insistence on telling the world all about what he thinks on every subject became tiresome.

MMaRsu

Banned
What are we doing. We be pro israel on this website or what?

The fuck.

Both parties are fucking ass. Netanyahu needs to create a peaceful state, and allow palestinians to live/work/love as much as any other person in that region.
Fucking religious bullshit, always fucking over innocents.

HAMAS needs to dismantle and work on creating a peaceful state together with Israel.

Why? Do you hate the truth? Jesus christ. Whats wrong with you people?

Do you hate nuanced discussion? Do you only see things from one side? Like what the... How is that even possible unless you've got blinders on?

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Agreed. I really dug his earlier stuff, but much like most Youtubers, the quality has dropped off a cliff, and his insistence on telling the world all about what he thinks on every subject became tiresome.

Single biggest turn-off for me these days too. Culture war stuff at least intersects with media commentary, but when it strays into capital P politics, or worse geo-politics, sorry but the world simply doesn't need more uninformed partisan opinions.

The Israel/Palestine conflict is one of the most intractable political problems of the 20th century, unpacking it step-by-step requires a tremendous amount of research and insight and even then its hard to arrive at an opinion not coloured strongly by emotion when there's so much tragedy and bloodshed all the way down.

Its a subject that should be treated with the utmost care; especially if you have strong feelings on the subject.

MMaRsu

Banned
Far from being perfect, Israel is a beacon of light compared to the shitholes it is surrounded by. Mistakes are made by Israel, but I support them all the way. Hamas is the evil here.

Sure bud. Only one side is evil and the other one never is!

Easy how the world works isn't it?

Fuck outta here

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
tn2x5zrsmlvb1.jpg

the deduce for yourself comment is def sus...

you can say "bc the US/israel ties" but you cant say stupid shit that implies Jews control the media. wether or not thats what she meant, it was stupid on her part and they should cancel the whole movie seeing that scream 6 was the biggest pile of shit ive ever seen

chlorate

I’m not sure that cancelling the celebrities who are aligned with Palestinians in the current conflict is the optimal strategy for proponents of Israel in the long term. The case for Israel is strong enough to where this may not be necessary and proponents of it on the right often value free speech and viewpoint diversity.

Some of that info she posted were actual lies, though.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
YRICymf.jpeg

lets see if this helps her case

To ME it reads like "the rich control the narrative because they're in charge of the media" ... A class thing. Both the left and right (voters) decry the very wealthy and their control of the media to spin the stories they want to spin. Like one channel or paper only shows when their side does good, even if they have to omit details to say it's good. Governments do it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom