• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men in Black: International - Trailer #2

pramod

Banned
I dunno...seemed very safe...and bland? It seems to be missing a lot of the sharp social satire of the Will Smith ones.

kunonabi

I can't stand Thompson and I didn't care for Ragnarok so seeing them team up again is not a draw for me and these have done little to change that.

The Skull

Too much daft shit in it and just too many flat jokes, and it just feels like a dumbed down movie overall. Doesn't seem to be much in the way of practical effects for the aliens which was one aspect of the original that made it great. Hard pass.

This is just WAY too early to reboot something like this. Same with Hellboy. No desire to ever see either of them. I don't care.

Elcid

Banned
Eh I honestly don't get why people watch movies like this. Is there nothing better you can do for 2 hours or potentially 15+ dollars? It just looks ok but tbh even if it was free on Netflix, I likely still wouldn't bother. It brings nothing new to the table.

Grinchy

Banned
Tessa Thompson is so bad on screen. All you can do while she's acting is think about how bad she is at acting. She never just fits into the scene. It's like she's some movie studio owner's daughter and her dad forces her into movies.

kunonabi

Tessa Thompson is so bad on screen. All you can do while she's acting is think about how bad she is at acting. She never just fits into the scene. It's like she's some movie studio owner's daughter and her dad forces her into movies.

She was ok in Creed 2 but she's been bloody awful in everything else.

Grinchy

Banned
She was ok in Creed 2 but she's been bloody awful in everything else.
God she was so bad in Westworld season 2. I mean, everything was bad in Westworld season 2 but she stood out as being one of the worst parts of something that was bad all over.

sol_bad

Characters and their chemistry make a movie good. Jones and smith just worked. You cant slap two people together and force it to work.

I loved Chris and Tessa in Ragnarok, good chemistry between them, so I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
every time i see an ad for this, i feel like i've already seen the movie, cos i watched Thor Ragnarok.

they had decent chemistry in that one, they were kind of funny, but they aren't the new Richard Pryor / Gene Wilder.

tbh kind of sick of looking at Chris Hemsworth at this point. have we run out of actors?

sol_bad

Saw this movie over the weekend. It was ..... fine, not terrible and not great. I enjoyed Hemsworth and Thompson, their chemistry together is probably the highlight. The music was good, felt the same yet different. The action that was there was fun, they didn't have any intensity to them which in a way made them pointless. Some of the jokes fell flat on their face.

The actual plot itself was so "been there and done that", the writers helped with Punisher: Warzone and TF: Te Last Knight so it's not entirely surprising that it was a bit ho hum.
It doesn't hold a candle to the original film, it's safe to wait and watch this on the couch with Netflix/Amazon/HBO or wherever it releases.

Last edited:
Top Bottom