• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion Age - Recommend me some new clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ninj4junpei said:
For the Ultimate 88 owners out there, how are they for actual running? I just recently got a pair of New Balance running shoes, though I might take them back if I get some 88s.
155320_366_45.jpg

I'm planning to take up jogging when I start college.

I wouldn't even call the Ultimate 81s running shoes, as the support is not great at all for any strenuous running, but they're great as a casual shoe with a good amount of athletic support.

Auron_Kale said:
I wouldn't even call the Ultimate 81s running shoes, as the support is not great at all for any strenuous running, but they're great as a casual shoe with a good amount of athletic support.
That's good to hear. I kind of doubted they were really running shoes, though sounds like they'll be good for walking around campus.

I'm not sure why I called them 88s. :lol

ninj4junpei said:
That's good to hear. I kind of doubted they were really running shoes, though sounds like they'll be good for walking around campus.

Yep. My pairs have survived walking through San Francisco, numerous conventions (AX being the main culprit) Disneyland for several days, and everywhere else in between. The only problems I got with them was mostly the standing, but the walking was just fine.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
xl950177wbk.jpg

Just picked up these, Godly slippers, feels like walking on clouds.

I don't wear shoes anymore unless it's cold. Can anyone recommend some slippers like those adidas but with some color in them, like these
image1xl.jpg

charsace said:
Budget and style?

In regards to my question of what sites I should hit up: Well honestly I'd like not to go over $250 for now. My style per-say...I'm not sure how you would define it to be honest. I do like wear Kid Robot stuff but man too pricey.

Tonay

Banned
Anyone going to the Clothes Show Live in Birmingham? Tickets available now, it happens in Dec. We should have a neogaf meet up where I can show you all the clothes I've bought over some lattes.

I like them all and would wear them all, but the V-necks would be accompanied by a wife beater under it, because my chicken breasts can't pull that look off. :lol

Tonay

Banned
Souldriver said:
I like them all and would wear them all, but the V-necks would be accompanied by a wife beater under it, because my chicken breasts can't pull that look off. :lol

I actually think v-neck tshirts look far better on slim indie kids (when accompanied with chains) rather than muscle-bound tonka-tonka hunks. Eg the kids on Lookbook pull off the large vneck look really well, and they're all generally quite skinny.

Tonay said:
I actually think v-neck tshirts look far better on slim indie kids (when accompanied with chains) rather than muscle-bound tonka-tonka hunks. Eg the kids on Lookbook pull off the large vneck look really well, and they're all generally quite skinny.
True. It fits on slim people as well. BUT imho there has to be enough definition. Whether it's muscle, or simply having no fat at all. I'm by no means fat, but I'm not skinny enough that my chest still has some definition simply because I'm skin over bone/muscle. I wouldn't look atrocious with such a shirt, but I wouldn't feel all that good in it.

Btw: just about every pic you posted has excellent clothing in it.

Tonay

Banned
£35:
image1xl.jpg

(i want a shiny black jacket, and this is the cheap own brand version of the g-star one a few pics down. think this one looks cheap in comparison)

£80
image1xl.jpg

(overpriced for a simple purple cardigan but its nice)

£90:
image1xl.jpg

£120:
image1xxl.jpg

(really really want this)

£215:
image1xxl.jpg

(ha - a guy went to my sisters engagement party wearing this jacket - and didnt take it off, not even for the pictures, thats how much he liked it)

out0v0rder said:
Is it just me, or do cardigans look like they are supposed to fit on girls?

A lot of cardigans would look just great on either a guy or a girl, but cardigans made for women are usually much more feminine, if you could imagine.

Generally I'm not a fan of vests that run until just under the butt. It gives you a weird figure. Either go for a vest that goes even lower than that (f.e. till your knees) if you want to look elegant and chique, or go for a normal vest that goes until the waist.

hiryu

Any suggestions for cargo pants? I need them to be both functional and decent looking. i.e. I can wearing them hiking and to work.

y2dvd

This is me trying to rock a fedora. Half the people I knew laughed and half thought it was ok, but I'm trying here. :lol I'm pretty much wearing everything from Banana Republic here: slacks, sweater over shirt and tie, and a fedora.

img0759f.jpg

I don't know how to crop photos so there's a whole lot of nothing of the left side and forgive the stainy mirror. X]

Tonay

Banned
You have to be the height of cool to pull off a fedora, and your clothes don't fit that model yet. Also, definately lose the glasses and put contacts on.

Fedoras and trilbys are like cigarettes: they make cool people look cooler, but they make uncool people look uncooler. So watch your step and get an objective outsider to determine whether it's making you look better or worse.

nyprimus2

Tonay said:
You have to be the height of cool to pull off a fedora, and your clothes don't fit that model yet. Also, definately lose the glasses and put contacts on.

Fedoras and trilbys are like cigarettes: they make cool people look cooler, but they make uncool people look uncooler. So watch your step and get an objective outsider to determine whether it's making you look better or worse.
Are you the overruling god of everything fashion?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
y2dvd said:
This is me trying to rock a fedora. Half the people I knew laughed and half thought it was ok, but I'm trying here. :lol I'm pretty much wearing everything from Banana Republic here: slacks, sweater over shirt and tie, and a fedora.

img0759f.jpg

I don't know how to crop photos so there's a whole lot of nothing of the left side and forgive the stainy mirror. X]
assuming your wearing shoes that match the sweater i think that all looks really solid together. you have to a be a really fun confident dude for it come off right though, but i like how all of that is put together.

y2dvd

I'll have someone take a better angle of the fedora the next time I wear an attire that matches. I think I was just going for a MJ Smooth Criminal angle with the hat tip down on that shot. :D

Coolio, I was wearing black dress shoes with the attire. The only thing I admit didn't look right imo was the color shirt I had on.

Tonay, what height is the height of cool lol? What type of clothes would you recommend for the fedora I had on? Gotta rule out contacts already cause my eyes irritates easily.

Doytch

Anyone know where to get those Onitsuka Tigers in Toronto/Canada? I'm still in the States now and could probably order from Zappos, but I'd have to get it right on the first try and hope they size normally. Googling has been useless.

Tonay

Banned
Coolio, a light coloured shirt and slim jeans will do. Maybe a blazer.

Shave the tashe. Get some stubble to strengthen that jaw. Get super cool eyewear, really funky designer frames. Look people in the eye. Get more muscles. And ensure that you have an IMMEDIATE comeback to anyone you suspect might make a crack about your hat. Be the life of the party - because a quiet guy never wore a hat like that and lived to tell the tale. Most importantly, whatever you do, whoever you meet, however it goes, remember this one, simple, thing:

You wear the hat. The hat does not wear you.

nyprimus2

Tonay said:
Coolio, a light coloured shirt and slim jeans will do. Maybe a blazer.

Shave the tashe. Get some stubble to strengthen that jaw. Get super cool eyewear, really funky designer frames. Look people in the eye. Get more muscles. And ensure that you have an IMMEDIATE comeback to anyone you suspect might make a crack about your hat. Be the life of the party - because a quiet guy never wore a hat like that and lived to tell the tale. Most importantly, whatever you do, whoever you meet, however it goes, remember this one, simple, thing:

You wear the hat. The hat does not wear you.
Now you're a fashion elitist, personal trainer, and life coach?

Tonay

Banned
No. I'm just giving my opinion on how he can look better.

The main issue is that he looks too tame. He needs to project an alpha male quality, stat. Weights, protein shake, stubble and attitude is what he needs to become a true pimp.

I need to see his hair. Coolio, can you show me a photo of your hair?

If my suspicions are correct, its too long on the sides, which won't compliment the shape of his face.

AzerPhire said:
Fedora looks goofy in your picture. Maybe try another angle or have someone else take your picture.

Slim line fedoras always look goofy on guys. They're more appropriate for women.

Masculine, thick, wide fedora hats is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom