• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Message from Shuhei Yoshida - Driveclub PS+ Delayed Until Further Notice

Shaneus

As someone that owns all current-gen and last-gen consoles, I feel sorry for the fan boys that limit themselves to only Playstation; Driveflub was supposed to satiate the PS4 racing crowd. It appears to have only angered them.
What crowd? I doubt anyone who owns a PS4 would've bought it especially for racing games, unless they were unbelievably patient.

I'm fine though, I have my PC to keep me going as well.

Do you have any idea how software works?

I know a little bit. You just comment out the main menu portion where you are supposed to choose the multiplayer options, and BAM! Single player only. They don't have to alter the rest of the code to achieve this, or do any major testing. The rest of the code can just lie dormant in the background.

Shaneus

I know a little bit. You just comment out the main menu portion where you are supposed to choose the multiplayer options, and BAM! Single player only. They don't have to alter the rest of the code to achieve this, or do any major testing. The rest of the code can just lie dormant in the background.
But you just don't choose "multiplayer options" in the game. It's integrated throughout the whole thing, that's the problem.

I am so done with this game. Requesting a refund in chat as we speak. It's interesting how many people here are defending this studio. As a customer, I'm frankly not required to give a shit how hard it is to launch online racing or how many will be fired due to this boondoggle. A modicum of integrity could be evidenced by offering the customer any sort of reparations, however not even a bone has been thrown our way.

Unfortunately I think support will put through the refund request but the refund dept will deny it a few days later. At least, that is my experience and I lodged a better reason than you -- after deleting it, I am unable to download it from the library. I wanted a refund so i can start again with a fresh purchase. DENIED. I think because they check that you've racked up a certain amount of trophies and that's an automatic denial I'm not even sure they read the request in detail.

But you just don't choose "multiplayer options" in the game. It's integrated throughout the whole thing, that's the problem.

It's that bad? I did not know that. In that case this game is pretty much dead in the water then, not sure how/if they will be able to turn it around.

Top Bottom