• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V Day one and Collectors editions announced

leng jai

C'mon now, tone? I thought it was just a statement of fact until a poster took issue with it, let's not get hung up on it.

I actually thought he was being facetious before his clarification.

"You missed an entire day when it was freely available." - To claim you're confused about how that post could come across as unnecessarily snarky is a bit much for me, seems pretty obvious.

fuck me $340nzd for the collectors edition, damn amazon better get some more copies because im ordering off shore.

I saw that price on MightyApe...

fmCSh8k.gif

hirokazu

fuck me $340nzd for the collectors edition, damn amazon better get some more copies because im ordering off shore.

I got in on the first round of stock, went to checkout, and: Sorry this item cannot be shipped overseas. i could ship it to my uncle's place in NY but he's in China for business a lot these days so I dunno if he'd be around to receive it. And then it went out of stock before I made a decision. :/

Same shipping restriction deal with Amazon.de and Amazon.co.jp. Thankfully, I have somebody in Japan who will receive it for me, so I got the Japanese special edition for the artbook.

If you have a solution for Amazon US to get around shipping restriction, let me know! (And hopefully it'll be restocked too.)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Guess I'll have to sub this. Had no idea it was already up and already down in such a quick time span! (Didn't think Konami would pull a Nintendo or anything...)

Well, guess I'll have to watch this thread and see when it goes live on GS if it doesn't come back on Amazon.

I just hope Kojima keeps his word this time and no longer works on MGS. That way people can have their silly "extended universe" games, and I can feel no obligation to play them.

There is an interesting interview of the man himself Kojima it was actually a sad read felt bad for the guy.Its on Game Informer hes basically saying the fans are so die hard (which i believe) that they keep pulling him back into the driver seat for MGS or suffer the wrath of fan boys.

I recommend all MGS fans read it.He even says his closest friend is Gilermo DelTorro the director of Pacific Rim.He said this before the announced Silent Hills colab and i swear i wouldnt shut up wishing they worked together.I do hope he can finally move on from MGS and have it given a fair chance and not be seen with spite.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
There is an interesting interview of the man himself Kojima it was actually a sad read felt bad for the guy.Its on Game Informer hes basically saying the fans are so die hard (which i believe) that they keep pulling him back into the driver seat for MGS or suffer the wrath of fan boys.

I recommend all MGS fans read it.He even says his closest friend is Gilermo DelTorro the director of Pacific Rim.He said this before the announced Silent Hills colab and i swear i wouldnt shut up wishing they worked together.I do hope he can finally move on from MGS and have it given a fair chance and not be seen with spite.

ya I want him done, he needs a break and start a new franchise or pick up on zone of the enders or something. I think someone else can start a new mgs franchise, start with the boss in ww2

I just hope Kojima keeps his word this time and no longer works on MGS. That way people can have their silly "extended universe" games, and I can feel no obligation to play them.

The man is free to do what he wants and is under no obligation to make any games for me.

But if I had my way, he'd make only one more MG game after TPP. A remake of MG1/MG2 combined into one story and with a significantly meatier story with new twists. After that I'm good.

However I definitely dont want it keeping him from other great projects like Silent Hills. By all means, he should work on some other stuff for a while.

Big_Boss9293

Neo Member
For Amazon and Gamestop? Yeah, they charge it ships.

I think Best Buy might charge upfront.

Best Buy doesn't charge till it ships either, or if you do in store pickup, they would charge when you go pick it up. They only charge for full when you pay with paypal, but that is because that is a paypal issue, not a Best Buy issue.

If I were you guys in the GCU, I wouldn't hold out hope Best Buy stocks them. They REGULARLY oversell pre-orders, often just selling them to walk-ins. Not to mention MGS Limited Editions actually do tend to be limited.

Pre-orders still haven't gone live in my country, don't think it might even happen this week either...:(

Gawdammit!!!

I just want to give them my money.

The man is free to do what he wants and is under no obligation to make any games for me.

But if I had my way, he'd make only one more MG game after TPP. A remake of MG1/MG2 combined into one story and with a significantly meatier story with new twists. After that I'm good.

However I definitely dont want it keeping him from other great projects like Silent Hills. By all means, he should work on some other stuff for a while.

I agree I'd love a remake, at least of one, but preferably two as well being flushed out a bit more. Building it on top of the new engine would be great. That being said, I'd rather see Kojima set free to work on what he wants. He's definitely earned that right. We don't know what kind of pressure he is under to keep working on MGS games, but it does seem, as long as I can remember that he's been ready go move on yet somehow can't let it go.

So Konami is finally going to list retailers soon:

MGS Facebook said:
We know that fans interested in purchasing the MGSV:TPP Collector’s Edition may be having a hard time finding a place to order the CE.

To those still looking to order – We are working on having the CE available for pre-order at additional retail partners, so stay tuned!

Been up in Australia for a week and still available. The $250 price tag is doing well.

AUS being oceanic are you guys getting premium editions or is that just the cost of the normal CE?

Edit: It's definitely the normal CE. Why do I still act suprised by the rediculous game prices for you guys in OZ.

I've been trying to order a JP one directly through Konami's JP shop, then have it mailed to a Tenson PObox. I managed to get a konami jp id working but for some reason it won't let me log into it on the store page itself.
Anyone have any help in this regard?

I really wish there was a collectors edition for the PC release...

I mean you could easily flip the disc for 50-60 but like, those codes go un-used...

Maybe I should buy a PS4 :p

Shy

I've been trying to order a JP one directly through Konami's JP shop, then have it mailed to a Tenson PObox. I managed to get a konami jp id working but for some reason it won't let me log into it on the store page itself.
Anyone have any help in this regard?
konamistyle won't accept foreign cards, so you won't be able to use tenso.

i used white rabbit to get it through konamistyle.
here's the post where i gave all the infos.

Top Bottom