• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes PC |OT| It's been a long time...

Nzyme32

I have been trying on and off to get this game working for about 2 months now.

Recently, I figured out that the game needed Windows Media Player (I had the N version of Win 8.1) which was causing the game to crash on start up for me.

Now that I have Media Player running, the game boots, but runs at 5-6 FPS

I have the following specs:

Intel i5 4690
Gigabyte R9 280x 3GB
8GB ram
Win 8.1 64bit

Everything is running at stock settings. All of my drivers are up to date. I have tried the version 1.001 rollback and get the same results.

Any ideas as to what could be causing my issue?

Well it's not your specs. My 4 yr old laptop (below the minimum specs) manages a mixture of low and medium settings at 40fps. Verify the files perhaps. Failing that, post on the community hub perhaps

mcz117chief

Any chance for a PS4 update now that the PS4 can playback mp3s ? I am talking about the custom helicopter music that is available on the PS3 and 360.

I got it on the PS4 and Xbone. I'll wait till its a $5.00 to grab the pc version and then switch entirely to PC when MGSV release.

It's a really great demo everyone.

Funny that it took till now. But I got GZ for $5.00 on Steam. Great game. Sorry for the bump, I was looking at old MGS threads and noticed I had said this on the first page.

jett

D-Member
Since this has been bumped, has anyone figured a sure-fire method to stop the windows loading icon from showing up when you use a controller?

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the bump, but I played this a bit at launch but trying to catch up for TPP next month and it's simply not launching at all anymore. Just brings up a screen, then a windows error of "MGS V GROUND ZEROES IS NOT WORKING" close program :(

I've googled around and plenty of other people have had issues for months... just not sure what to do :(

brau

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the bump, but I played this a bit at launch but trying to catch up for TPP next month and it's simply not launching at all anymore. Just brings up a screen, then a windows error of "MGS V GROUND ZEROES IS NOT WORKING" close program :(

I've googled around and plenty of other people have had issues for months... just not sure what to do :(

Some people disconnect their controller and boot it up and that seems to work.

Try that, if not post drivers you are using and your rig.

Nzyme32

Hey Guys,

If you are using an AMD card - this just popped up on Steam. Seems, they are on the case:

AMD Driver Issue
7 AUGUST - ROBERTPEELERKJP

A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own driver patches.

Thanks to your feedback we've encountered an issue with the newest AMD driver "AMD Catalyst 15.7.1" where MGSV: GZ will experience crashes when launching the game.

The crashes mentioned above weren't observed when using the previous driver "AMD Catalyst 15.7.0".

You and I will meet again in battle.

We're currently looking into this issue for both Ground Zeroes and any potential issues for the upcoming release of The Phantom Pain.

Thank you all for your help in identifying this problem and your patience as we work to fix it.

-KJPDev

Dineren

Banned
I'm assuming the answer is no since I've searched and not found anything, but has there ever been a solution to the mouse cursor issue? I've got the loading cursor in the middle of the screen the whole time I play with an xbox one controller. I tried using autohide mouse cursor and while that works, it has some minor issues that are annoying. It's a shame since it runs so great maxed out, but at this rate I'd rather play it on my ps4 than deal with this.

I'm assuming the answer is no since I've searched and not found anything, but has there ever been a solution to the mouse cursor issue?

Its still finicky, but occasionally I've gotten the cursor to "hide" if I use the mouse for a bit, and then move it away and use the controller. Its not perfect, and doesn't always work, but its something.

If you can get the spinning cursor to change back to the regular pointer though, then you can just swing it into a corner and forget about it.

But yeah, its crazy that its still an issue, hopefully its fixed for TPP

54-46!

I have been trying on and off to get this game working for about 2 months now.

Recently, I figured out that the game needed Windows Media Player (I had the N version of Win 8.1) which was causing the game to crash on start up for me.

Now that I have Media Player running, the game boots, but runs at 5-6 FPS

I have the following specs:

Intel i5 4690
Gigabyte R9 280x 3GB
8GB ram
Win 8.1 64bit

Everything is running at stock settings. All of my drivers are up to date. I have tried the version 1.001 rollback and get the same results.

Any ideas as to what could be causing my issue?
I have pretty much the same setup and the game runs very smooth on High.

4690K @ 4,2Ghz
HD 7950 3GB
8GB DDR3
Win 8.1

brau

I just went back to the game the last couple of mornings, and i noticed that my mouse cursor displays over the game... so i have this blue ring that can't even be hidden behind a corner.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? I tried borderless window, and windowed mode and it didn't fix it. Disconnected my 360 controller and reconnected it, and it still shows up.

I think i read this is a known bug and its not even throughout, just some people have it. Any links or thoughts would be awesome.

Dineren

Banned
I just went back to the game the last couple of mornings, and i noticed that my mouse cursor displays over the game... so i have this blue ring that can't even be hidden behind a corner.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? I tried borderless window, and windowed mode and it didn't fix it. Disconnected my 360 controller and reconnected it, and it still shows up.

I think i read this is a known bug and its not even throughout, just some people have it. Any links or thoughts would be awesome.

I tried a program called AutoHideMouseCursor. It works, but initially starting the game knocks it out of full screen for some reason and achievements have caused the game to lose focus for me making me miss some stuff. If you have achievement notifications off (or have all the achievements already) and don't mind switching full screen off and back on each time you start up, it seems to work fine. Hopefully they got this resolved for the final release.

kai3345

Banned
Bought Phantom Pain and tried to load this up. I click PLAY on steam, but then nothing happens. This seems like a wide issue, but I havent seen any solutions. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

If TPP is going to be like this I'm about to turn around and cancel my preorder

Celcius

°Temp. member
Bought Phantom Pain and tried to load this up. I click PLAY on steam, but then nothing happens. This seems like a wide issue, but I havent seen any solutions. Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

What operating system are you on?

Does Ground Zeroes work well with the dualshock 4 out of the box, no modding required? I don't care about button prompts, just core functionality. I'm planning to give this a try and if I like it then probably picking up TPP later.

Smokey

What operating system are you on?

Does Ground Zeroes work well with the dualshock 4 out of the box, no modding required? I don't care about button prompts, just core functionality. I'm planning to give this a try and if I like it then probably picking up TPP later.

Yes. I just finished playing it for a bit with the DS4 before plugging in my x1 controller. The xbox prompts when using a PS controller bugs me.

fleck0

If you have an AMD video card you may need the new drivers they released today, this has been a known issue with GZ some cards for a few months.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is now officially out.

Here's To You, NeoGAF. Thank you for the years of hype. V has now come to.

Spaghetti

is anybody going to create a pc performance thread?

remember to mention you can use HBAO+ through a profile in the nvidia control panel

Staf

I'm super late to this game but man, i think i'm starting to get old... I have no freaking clue what to do next in this game. I've saved Chico and now i need to save Paz. But i have no clue where she is and the place is surrounded with soldiers making exploring extremely hard and i'm having no fun with this game.

I'm a huge fan of MGS 2/3/4 but this game just isn't giving me that wacky story i'm playing MGS for. Thinking of throwing in the glove on this one...

brau

I'm super late to this game but man, i think i'm starting to get old... I have no freaking clue what to do next in this game. I've saved Chico and now i need to save Paz. But i have no clue where she is and the place is surrounded with soldiers making exploring extremely hard and i'm having no fun with this game.

I'm a huge fan of MGS 2/3/4 but this game just isn't giving me that wacky story i'm playing MGS for. Thinking of throwing in the glove on this one...

Go into the building on the back... the one with all the searchlights. there are some stairs on either side that go down, and she is in the basement where all the machinery is.

Staf

Go into the building on the back... the one with all the searchlights. there are some stairs on either side that go down, and she is in the basement where all the machinery is.

That's where i suspected she is. Any tips on how to get there unnoticed? There are soooo many soldiers everywhere...

brau

That's where i suspected she is. Any tips on how to get there unnoticed? There are soooo many soldiers everywhere...

Different ways. If you rescue Chico first, up the hill soon after there will be a truck. You can hide on the back and that will get you inside the base. Then you can go to the left where there are some obstacles you can sneak under.

Or from teh right.. just have to crawl a lot. There are some ducts on an area next to the door you can sneak under. That takes you where the electrical towers are. You can turn off the power in one of those, which i recommend, since that disables the Cameras. Just disable, hide and wait for the person they send to get close and take him down.

Then just move along the left side. Try to tranq the people you see if you are having trouble.

Hope this helps. If not let me know and i can give you some better tips. maybe.

Staf

Different ways. If you rescue Chico first, up the hill soon after there will be a truck. You can hide on the back and that will get you inside the base. Then you can go to the left where there are some obstacles you can sneak under.

Or from teh right.. just have to crawl a lot. There are some ducts on an area next to the door you can sneak under. That takes you where the electrical towers are. You can turn off the power in one of those, which i recommend, since that disables the Cameras. Just disable, hide and wait for the person they send to get close and take him down.

Then just move along the left side. Try to tranq the people you see if you are having trouble.

Hope this helps. If not let me know and i can give you some better tips. maybe.

Thanks for the help. I missed the truck when i saved Chico and been running around aimlessly for an half hour after that. Think i have found an approach on the western side that i'm giving a try.

brau

Thanks for the help. I missed the truck when i saved Chico and been running around aimlessly for an half hour after that. Think i have found an approach on the western side that i'm giving a try.

Things about this game is its all about exploring and trying things out. If you fail.. don't worry... engaging and sneaking are both valid and both VERY VERY fun. This is the first MGS that i don't reload immediately after being detected. I just engage and deal with the situation. It feels very organic, and wait till you see TPP. Game is amazing that way.

You have to be smart. Its not about only getting to the objective. Most of the time you need to plan your escape as you are making your way in. So pay attention :D and most of all. have fun.

Staf

Things about this game is its all about exploring and trying things out. If you fail.. don't worry... engaging and sneaking are both valid and both VERY VERY fun. This is the first MGS that i don't reload immediately after being detected. I just engage and deal with the situation. It feels very organic, and wait till you see TPP. Game is amazing that way.

You have to be smart. Its not about only getting to the objective. Most of the time you need to plan your escape as you are making your way in. So pay attention :D and most of all. have fun.

I see Paz! Happy days! Only had to kill one guy as well. Damn, now i have to get out somehow and i just heard on the radio that they found a dead body lol. I'm screwed.

brau

I see Paz! Happy days! Only had to kill one guy as well. Damn, now i have to get out somehow and i just heard on the radio that they found a dead body lol. I'm screwed.

hehe. game is epic. the alarm music is so epic too!

Staf

Just finished it. Don't laugh at me but i actually had to turn off the game in the middle of the cutscene. When the medic said they had to operate without anaesthetic i instantly bailed. Torture stuff like that is way too much for me to handle.

Anyway, think i'll give PP a pass. If GZ is anything to go by i don't think i'll get much enjoyment out of it like i did 2/3/4.

brau

Deffo more gruesome. You should watch some twitch streams, or the demos they showed off. In a lot of ways TPP is more open. BUt also just easier to approach.

Korezo

Yes. I just finished playing it for a bit with the DS4 before plugging in my x1 controller. The xbox prompts when using a PS controller bugs me.

I always press square and dive when I try to futon someone because I see a box picture above the Y button icon.. gets me all the time.

mr_roboto

Neo Member
I'm currently trying to play this with an xbox controller but i can't seem to find the settings to set the aiming controls vs camera controls for inverting.

In peace walker there was
Camera X-axis
Camera Y-axis
Aiming X-axis
Aiming Y-axis

I prefer Camera to be inverted while Aiming is normal but in GZ, it seems to be a global X/Y axis for normal or inverted. So It treats Camera and Aiming as one situation.

Does anyone know of a solution for this or is this how it is for GZ? And am I right to assume TPP is going to be identical to GZ in terms of options?
I find it weird since mgs3, 4, and PW had these options.

Top Bottom