• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V to be released September 1st - Worldwide

Maybe a MGO beta announcement as well? That'd be rad.

Also, did we ever get word about the GZ dlc for the first wave of physical releases?

eso76

The video is an IGN branded video. Whatever news there is will get posted everywhere anywhere.

Sure, but if the video was simply revealing a date then its rather pointless.
But there was an interview with it I learned, so I guess there's still reasons to watch it ?

Edit: apparently not. And if they revealed the date with an interview I guess there's no new trailer or they would have used it instead ?

Geg

All that leaked was one interview video that just had the release date up along with the title at the end (the screenshot in the OP). I doubt that was the video actually meant to reveal the release date, and multiple people have said there's going to be more stuff tomorrow aside from that interview

Solidino

bigbossizpee.png

that fingers....

Ninja Grey Fox confirmed!!!

Metal_Gear_Solid_2_-_Grey_Fox.jpg

Mista

Banned
Ohhhh yessss!!!! Expected to release June but since its in 2015 who caaaaressss!!!! Well, I cant freak out in this post cause I already did when Nib posted this on Twitter. Anyways, some IGN Italy staff will be gone im sure. BRING ON SEPTEMBERRRRRR!!

Is it actually a trailer, or just an interview video that has leaked? The YouTube video mentioned above says trailer, but everyone is talking about an interview?

deeptech

Is it actually a trailer, or just an interview video that has leaked? The YouTube video mentioned above says trailer, but everyone is talking about an interview?

Just an interview , a good interview as well. He said some interesting stuff.

But maybe something more is coming later.

This is from IGN article:
....we're revealing big Phantom Pain news, as well as a special message from series creator Hideo Kojima.

So the leaked video must be that special message , and big TPP news will come later

Mista

Banned

What was leaked is just an interview with Hideo. Maybe there's a new MGO trailer coming with the official announcement

I think IGN and Konami are trolling people with a fake video. The real date will be revealed tomorrow and if thats not the case, my god IGN you screwed up badly

So the video is actually leaked? Is it legit though?
September is fine for me, more time to mess around with PoE and Witcher 3.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I love how this shit was told to us my Master Genius Troll Kojima some time ago.

Coming 1984

1 = 1st, 9 = September, 8 = 2+0+1+5, 4 = 4 # digits

Anyone believe that one of the months during the summer, Sony will make metal gear solid 5 ground zeroes the free game for ps plus?

doofy102

They need to tweak all the small details of every location and mission guys, to make sure it's good. That's gotta take fucking forever.

doofy102

IGN didn't have fun with dropping the release date at all. There's no build-up. It's just there at the video closing like it's no big deal. Lame.

Anyone believe that one of the months during the summer, Sony will make metal gear solid 5 ground zeroes the free game for ps plus?

It stands to reason this will happen very close to the release date.

I also think Konami may decide to eventually, if not right away, bundle Ground Zeroes with Phantom Pain.

Josh5890

I;'m glad it's coming out in September. I'm going to make the summer my return to the Metal Gear series. I've played the main series once each but it was years ago. I'm going to relive the franchise again leading up to the release of MGS V. Maybe I'll make a LTTP thread here and there.

Top Bottom