• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metamorphasis Alpha sounds hype as hell (and other obscure stories / games that have cool ideas)

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I'm currently reading Monsters, Aliens and Holes in the Ground, a retrospective on tabletop games from the 70s up until now. One of the games caught my attention - Metamorphis Alpha.

It takes place on a Generation Ship called The Warden that malfunctioned after passing through cosmic radiation. Shit started to mutate, ship functions stopped working and so the people on the ship started to regress.Hundreds (thousands?) of years pass and now the ship is basically uncrewed. Mutated animals and plants fill the ship and people have regressed to the point they don't even know they're on a space ship. The players go on missions exploring the ship, finding old technology that they think are magic and learning about the history of the ship.

It sounds so delightfully pulp. I love the concept. Has anyone played it?

What other games or stories have cool ideas or concept that are overlooked?

Cattlyst

Haven’t played Metamorphosis Alpha but you’re right - it does sound really intriguing. Just searched for it online and done some reading about it

Top Bottom