• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro Exodus Comparison: Stadia (2015 GTX Titan X PC Stream 100MB Upload|Download) Vs Xbox One X (Jaguar+Polaris) Analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are comparison screenshots of the hit game Metro Exodus. I'll be comparing the Stadia version to the Xbox One X version.

1jsRLyt.png

While close, there's clearly more vibrant detail in the desolate city below in the Stadia version. You also see more texture detail that benefits from the increase in image quality that's mainly due to Googles server-side benefits..

TyTOrJG.png

The Xbox one X version looks very smudged and blurry while the Stadia version not only looks cleaner and more detailed, but the lens flare is more reflective and contains warmer colors just like how they are in real life. The Tank in the Stadia shot looks like a 3D model while the one on the Xbox One X seems to look more like a JPEG.

jFITsFI.png

Underground the Stadia version still has vibrant and detailed coloring with Dynares textures with provide improved draw distance while still keeping the horror atmosphere intact. While the Xbox One version has fewer colors and almost seems like everything is drawn through a gray filter. Not only that but to hide lowres textures the walls use blur making it hard to see.

We are comparing a 2016 megahouse of a console to Stadia streaming to old 2015 PC hardware and not even at the highest settings, yet it has surpassed the Xbox One X visually while being better or equal to the top PC hardware on the market today. This is due to the fact that since Stadia streams from Googles servers at their multiple server farms across the world,,they can make those server farms as powerful as possible and you won't even need to go to the store upgrade anything to see the difference!

This hands-off approach allows anyone with a decent PC and a good monitor that supports HDR and 4K, to reap the visual benefits without the hardwork of building a PC: not knowing what drivers to buy, while also not needing to know much about tech at all. This is a benefit for casuals and advanced users alike which means that this has the potential to be a mass market product. We have finally made it to the point where computer level graphical capabilities are finally one and done like consoles and you no longer need to worry about compatibility for the game, whether your registry needs to be edited, forced CPU upgrades, and license keys to activate drivers. Now everything is simple.

As we received more releases I expect the differences between Stadia and other forms of play to have a widening gap in graphical prowness as seen here today. This is the result of Stadia being an open platform instead of a closed circuit behind walls that have no flexibility which is the main fault with consoles.

Your screenshots don't show shit and your Titan GPU doesn't matter. (I posted this literally less than 15 seconds after the thread went live)

It could be your inner fanboy, but considering how fast you posted I'm willing to bet you didn't actually read the thread.

Here, let's go back to the top post and actually look at the screenshots and notice that the Xbox does not compete with old 2015 hardware that's being streamed on. That's should be pretty concerning, where will Stadia be a year from now if it can have results like this today? I understand why you would be frightened but don't worry you can still use your console controllers on Stadia.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It could be your inner fanboy, but considering how fast you posted I'm willing to bet you didn't actually read the thread.

Here, let's go back to the top post and actually look at the screenshots and notice that the Xbox does not compete with old 2015 hardware that's being streamed on. That's should be pretty concerning, where will Stadia be a year from now if it can have results like this today? I understand why you would be frightened but don't worry you can still use your console controllers on Stadia.
Fanboy of screenshots that actually show shit and not small blurry thumbnails of awful quality, yes, you got that right I guess. And once again, the whole point of Stadia is your Titan, whether 2015 or 2019 (though 2015 isn't far behind non-Titan high end 2017 GPUs), doesn't matter.

Also I've never touched an Xbox console in my life beyond playing Panzer Dragoon Orta to completion at a store so, lmao at your "defense" being that I'm some console gamer hyping his favorite company. I just said your post doesn't show shit. Because it doesn't.

You can't do something basic like present decent quality screenshots yet cry fanboy when people point it out. Meh. Ok then, if those screens are representative of Stadia, it's worse than most people thought and deserves a swift death. Sorry if that hurts, fanboy.

100MB download for a stream of blurry lower-than-Wii resolution games, wow. And my post was minutes after yours, but yes, probably seconds after I actually clicked, since it does only take seconds to see how horrible your screenshots are and comment.

Last edited:
Something is off in the X screens. I played the game on a mid-range PC at 1440p and it looked 100x sharper than these screens for the X, I have a hard time believing the X version looked this blurry

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It's not his fault, you forget what things look like when you get used to less than 480p youtube video streaming as Stadia is even on a decent gaming PC with crazy download speeds most people don't have according to this thread :)

Last edited:
OK, this thread is complete garbage and should be locked.

It is factually incorrect to say that those screenshots are in any way remotely representative of the X1X version of Metro Exodus.

Or it could just be the source of the screens are different.

I used the same tech for the screenshots for both versions which means there's nothing wrong with the screens I posted because another user found some nicer images on a better capture, you can do that with the Stadia version as well. It's very likely most average consumers are going to see this game in the way I posted it. Which is entry level 4K TV/Monitor which will of course not look as good as 2018|2019 new 4K tvs with upgraded visuals and Dolby Vision and what not.

The idea is to focus what the average consumer will see, and that's what really matters. You can't say the shots the other guy posted are objective when most consumers don't have TVs that can display that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom