• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Huntes going online?

Zeo

Banned
Craig gave the following answer to a question about Metroid Prime Hunter's release date in the new IGN DS mailbag. But did he hint at something?

IGN DS said:
Metroid: no way in heck is it going to be an August 22nd release, so we're just going to have to fix that entry in our database. It might not even make an October release, either. Stay tuned on that front, there may be some interesting news to report about that game.

Could Nintendo be listening to.. EVERYONE, and delaying it for online play?

Obviously he's hinting at something.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Wasn't that rumor utterly debunked in a relatively recent interview with the devs?

olimario

Banned
I predict new characters... or the removal of existing characters and the introduction of multi-colored samus'.

koam

olimario said:
I predict new characters... or the removal of existing characters and the introduction of multi-colored samus'.

Or a catastrophy.. though I enjoyed the E3 build. I'll only buy this if the single player is good and it has online play.

Hopefully, because its not online, they're scrapping the multiplayer focus and giving us an adventure more along the lines of Metroid Prime 1 and 2. That would be most welcome, although the deathmatch is fun.

polg

koam said:
Or a catastrophy.. though I enjoyed the E3 build. I'll only buy this if the single player is good and it has online play.
I did enjoy the E3 build as well... very frantic insane shooting... kinda remind me of Time Splitters... but in a smaller scale, because of having only 3 opponents. :)

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
puck1337 said:
The game is a bad idea, and it should be canned. Then again, I'm generally anti-FPS on the DS.

How? MPH might turn out to be a truly asstastic Metroid game and FPS, both. But it won't be due to controls. FPS potential on the DS is tops, IMHO, and it's only a matter of time before it gets realized.

I would love to see them delay the game and add online play for sure. The DS lineup this Fall will be plenty good without it anyway and I think that it would add to the game's appeal quite a bit, especially considering who it's marketed towards.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
hasn't it been known for a while that the game isn't going to release until october/november? I think they're adding online.

Jado

Banned
Mejilan said:
Wasn't that rumor utterly debunked in a relatively recent interview with the devs?

The interview you're referring to was a few weeks before this very recent mailbag.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Paladin69 said:
you're a fucking bad idea.
No need for that. And she does have a good reason for her utter hate of all things Prime/Retro/Spangy.

Sanjuro

I care less about online play with this one. The delay of the game was too beef up the single player mode, and if the title of the game is Metroid then this needs to be addressed above all. If done right, this could be one of the best portable games of all time....although from the first demo, they have much work to do.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
olubode said:
No need for that. And she does have a good reason for her utter hate of all things Prime/Retro/Spangy.

Oh? I'd be interested in hearing the reason...

I thought Prime was a decent game (although it had nothing on the best 2D Metroids) myself... DS FPS controls are pretty good though, I must say. They should make a Half Life port for it...

Ponn

Banned
It would be nice if they added online play since that's the reason I thought they delayed it from their supposed Jan. release date.

I probably still won't pick it up though, count me under those that can't stand the FPS controls. I'm a mouse/keyboard user through and through.

Ruzbeh

Banned
krypt0nian said:
NO online, NO buy.
Don't you know? Online is a fad.

On a serious note, Metroid Prime Hunters has multiplayer. Online and multiplayer are the same except with online your opponents can be a thousand miles away. Just replace the hotspots with actual people and you're all set.

koam

Ruzbeh said:
Don't you know? Online is a fad.

On a serious note, Metroid Prime Hunters has multiplayer. Online and multiplayer are the same except with online your opponents can be a thousand miles away. Just replace the hotspots with actual people and you're all set.

That's some pretty awful damage control.

Online = You can play with someone in another continent
Local multiplayer = 100 feet away

Good luck finding people with DSes and Metroid every time you want to play locally.

Top Bottom