• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGR: Revengeance concept art (Mistral, enemies, etc)

Sushigod7

Cool art but why no shinkawa art? Also, name of artist please?

Yeah Shinkawa needs to be represented too maybe we'll get some later. I'd love a "art of" book probably will be one released in Japan if we are lucky. I'm hyped up for this game between this and Ni No Kuni along with a few figures coming next month February is more like Christmas than Dec was.

Yeah Shinkawa needs to be represented too maybe we'll get some later. I'd love a "art of" book probably will be one released in Japan if we are lucky. I'm hyped up for this game between this and Ni No Kuni along with a few figures coming next month February is more like Christmas than Dec was.

The japanese "Premium Package" includes a Yoji Shinkawa art book!

here you go

mgrr-raiden-concept.jpg

one of the designers

Kenichirou Yoshimura
English blog
http://platinumgames.com/2012/12/27/staying-true-to-metal-gear/

Kenichirou Yoshimura from Platinum Games Blog said:
Three days before I was about to leave Platinum to go freelance, without much left to do, I strolled over to the nearby Rising team to see if they needed any help. “I could design something small, if you wanted,” I said. Then I saw their designs – the art style could not have been further from the Metal Gear universe. Immediately, I slammed my fist on the director’s table. “You cannot put this in a Metal Gear game!” I told him. Before I knew it, my last three days at Platinum turned into over half a year.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
marketing hasnt been as epic as other Metal Gear Games (so far)

plus not alot of media

I think that's just in the US for some reason

Game has made numerous appearances in Famitsu and has had the cover and features in magazines like Edge

but there has been no real equivalent to such a push in the US.

It's showing up in stores alongside games like Bioshock Infinite and Gears of War Judgement in stores, so I think retailers still expect it to be one of the bigger releases. Just not much media lately for us Americans.

Can't say I'm complaining though. I don't want to see anymore before I play at this point. Still bummed at how much I've seen just reading the threads.

I think the demo will drop next week or the week after for sure if not. and we'll probably start hearing alot more of it come February.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What is everyone getting this game for, 360 or PS3?

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member

360. I've already played the demo numerous times. Can't wait for the finished product. Until then I'll get my ass handed to me in Anarchy Reigns. ^.^

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

I'm pretty sure it's Kenichiro Yoshimura, the man who did the character and enemy designs for Anarchy Reigns and I believe also did the character model work for Bayonetta

He's pretty awesome. Love the detail in his work. (If that cover in his twitter is for an Art Book in print, I want it)

Hopefully PlatinumGamesJP can correct me if I'm wrong though

I've already committed to PS3 since MGS is forever a playstation franchise to me. So I'm definitely doing PS3 LE at launch

but probably both eventually. I usually play Platinum's releases on both consoles and I prefer their games on 360 to be honest.

I'm pretty sure it's Kenichiro Yoshimura, the man who did the character and enemy designs for Anarchy Reigns and I believe also did the character model work for Bayonetta

He's pretty awesome. Love the detail in his work.

Hopefully PlatinumGamesJP can correct me if I'm wrong though

I've already committed to PS3 since MGS is forever a playstation franchise to me

but probably both eventually. I usually play Platinum's releases on both consoles and I prefer their games on 360 to be honest.

your right (he's atleast one of the artists if there is multiple designers working on it

Kenichiro Yoshimura: Staying True to Metal Gear...

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
As much as i love the Metal Gear series there is no way i'll buy the SAME game twice.

I wonder what will be the superior version. Hopefully the difference between PS3 and 360 isn't as bad as it was for Bayonetta in the beginning.

I think people get too hung up on version differences for their games.

Bayonetta was a mistake that they've since corrected in their development process. Since then all their games have been more consistent across both platforms than most multiplatform releases end up being.

You can't go wrong with either one I think. Go for controller preference or which system you care about trophies/achievements for.

PS3.

I like my 360 and all, but playing Metal Gear on a non-Sony platform still feels... wrong. :p

I hear you.

If MGS5/GZ/whatever does actually come out on PC, I will be putting up with shitty motion joy drivers to play it on PS3 pad over plug and play 360 controller for this very same reason.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I wonder what will be the superior version. Hopefully the difference between PS3 and 360 isn't as bad as it was for Bayonetta in the beginning.

I doubt Platinum will ever release another game as comparatively badly ported as Bayonetta, because they didn't have a hand in Bayonetta. Vanquish helped them get their engine up to scratch on the PS3, and going by the demo Revengeance is close to equal across both platforms. Performs a little better on the PS3, a sprinkle of extra effects on the 360, and less compression on pre-rendered video for PS3.

How the final version shapes up remains to be seen, but I don't think anybody has anything to be worried about. Vanquish is almost identical on PS3/360, and as far as I'm aware Anarchy Reigns is similar.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I have a bad joke about the tube and it being connected to the muscles that controls the arms but lets not go there.... oh shit just did my bad.

Also Plat games sure has a thing for big asses and I have no complaints.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I doubt Platinum will ever release another game as comparatively badly ported as Bayonetta, because they didn't have a hand in Bayonetta. Vanquish helped them get their engine up to scratch on the PS3, and going by the demo Revengeance is close to equal across both platforms. Performs a little better on the PS3, a sprinkle of extra effects on the 360, and less compression on pre-rendered video for PS3.

How the final version shapes up remains to be seen, but I don't think anybody has anything to be worried about. Vanquish is almost identical on PS3/360, and as far as I'm aware Anarchy Reigns is similar.

As far as Anarchy Reigns goes it's the same that applies to Vanquish.
360= Slight performance increase compared to PS3 + Screen tearing
PS3 = Slight performance decrease compared to 360 + No screen tearing.

Sushigod7

The japanese "Premium Package" includes a Yoji Shinkawa art book!

I know it's depressing I think I'm cancelling my us Lamp order no art book just a soundtrack and lamp. Not that exciting for me if it had a decent art book I'd be in. But the LE guide does have this

• A 16-page character gallery with background from the development team presenting the artistic choices they made in creating each game character.
  • Includes a sequentially numbered lithograph created by Yoji Shinkawa printed in high-quality, textured paper.
  • A Collector's Edition hard cover.

I've got the Play Arts Raiden on order to so I'll make my own LE. hehe

The hired a new concept artist? Or did Shinkawa always had two of more style in his sleeve?
Edit - whoops just saw the top of the page

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The hired a new concept artist? Or did Shinkawa always had two of more style in his sleeve?

Yoji Shinkawa is overseeing art but he's not a character artist on Rising. Platinum's Kenichirou Yoshimura is. I figure Shinkawa has been very busy with Ground Zeroes.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Looking pretty cool! I got my LE pre-ordered. O: I haven't decided if I'd double dip on the 360 like I did or Anarchy Reigns or not.

Top Bottom