• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS 4 PS3 Limited Edition Sold Out @ konamistyle.com

Firewire

Banned
Choke on the Magic said:
Still searching. Looks like no one's taking MGS4 bundle preorders :( .

I'm starting to think the majority of the steel bundles went to Konami. Because its really weird that no one seems to know anything about quantities or anything. And with no other sites taking pre-orders I guess that means they aren't even sure if there going to get any.

bud

don't they make, like, 20k (or less?) of these, anyway? i don't really see what the big deal is here. i hope the game sells well, though. i guess it'll probably be the only game that'll sell well in japan till, i dunno, gt5 comes out.

Elbrain said:
Well that is good for Konami but I still don't know about the color of that system.
More importantly this is great for Sony! Who ever said MGS4 wouldn't be a system seller should be eating crow right about now.

Firewire said:
I'm starting to think the majority of the steel bundles went to Konami. Because its really weird that no one seems to know anything about quantities or anything. And with no other sites taking pre-orders I guess that means they aren't even sure if there going to get any.

I hope they do. I'm hell bent on that matte black ps3! I never thought I'd buy a second
one, until now. I'm a MG whore.:lol

Warrior300 said:
I bet it tastes good:lol

Snake: I'm gonna puke!

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Ah HA!!!

Now i get it:D

mgs403.jpg

926596_20070824_screen014.jpg

LiK

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Ah HA!!!

Now i get it:D

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080321/mgs403.jpg
[IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b209/RSdessaline/926596_20070824_screen014.jpg[/QUOTE]

bingo!

bumpkin

Joe211 said:
MGS4 MULTI million seller confirmed?
It isn't a question of whether it will be a multi million seller -- every MGS game has been except maybe the Portable Ops and Ac!d games -- it's just a question of how many million.

LiK

bumpkin said:
It isn't a question of whether it will be a multi million seller -- every MGS game has been except maybe the Portable Ops and Ac!d games -- it's just a question of how many million.

MGA sold horribly. too bad, it wasn't that bad but there were parts of the gameplay that i found broken.

Lightning

Banned
yankeeforever2 said:
This borders the gamefly renting list thread as the most retarded sales age thread out there. We no hard numbers, this isn't news.
Your post borders the most retarded as it's nothing but a +1 that doesn't contribute to anything other than to pointlessly bitch.

I really hope though that Konami/Sony don't drop the ball here and limit quantities too much. A game to the epic level of MGS4 should not be limited and anyone who wants a MGS4 PS3 should be able to get one from Konamistyle. I hope someone takes note of this.

LiK said:
MGA sold horribly. too bad, it wasn't that bad but there were parts of the gameplay that i found broken.

I've been curious to play it, but I just don't want to drop the monies on something I might not like. Is it really just a card game or is there a story to it?

LiK

Lightning said:
Your post borders the most retarded as it's nothing but a +1 that doesn't contribute to anything other than to pointlessly bitch.

I really hope though that Konami/Sony don't drop the ball here and limit quantities too much. A game to the epic level of MGS4 should not be limited and anyone who wants a MGS4 PS3 should be able to get one from Konamistyle. I hope someone takes note of this.

yea, remember MGS3 LE? that was just disgraceful

Choke on the Magic said:
I've been curious to play it, but I just don't want to drop the monies on something I might not like. Is it really just a card game or is there a story to it?

it's okay. it's a combo card/strategy game where your guns and special moves are in decks. the story is decent but it moves pretty slowly. the tutorial is horrible tho and i found i wasn't playing it correctly until i was 6 hours in.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Looks kind of like gunmetal to me. Anyway, congrats to Konami.

Firewire

Banned
yankeeforever2 said:
This borders the gamefly renting list thread as the most retarded sales age thread out there. We no hard numbers, this isn't news.

Well the thread really isn't about Konami being sold out. I asked some questions if anybody knows of availability, where to pre-order and stuff. The Konami site was the place I was lead to, but they are already sold out.

I haven't been able to find another site taking pre-orders or even to acknowledge that they will be taking pre-orders for the Japanese metal bundle.

Hopefully some of the Japanese posters latter tonight can help me out in that regard.

yankeeforever2 said:
We no hard numbers, this isn't news.

We no in sales thread. We want know where get PS3 pack with game because sold out in store online. We sorry we insulted sales "age". Please no get mad again, we sorry.

tha_con

Banned
Minsc said:
I agree, semi-worthless without including the # of copies, but then again, collector's sets do tend to be handled more cautiously to prevent there from being too many (for assorted reasons).

Microsoft didn't get this memo :lol We still have hordes of Legendary Halo 3 sets.

Firewire

Banned
tha_con said:
Microsoft didn't get this memo :lol We still have hordes of Legendary Halo 3 sets.

Yeah limited edition means two entirely different things to these companies. When Sony says limited edition its generally limited for real, with MS not so much.

bud

solid2snake said:
"Not available for europe"

http://p3.focus.de/img/gen/B/6/HBB6xHLW_Pxgen_r_467xA.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

... you keep posting pics and .gifs that aren't even funny. stop posting.

LiK

Riskbreaker23 said:
play asia is a rip off when it comes to these collectors thing. sad thing is they will probably still sell out of them

yea, but it's better than resorting to ebay.

Mamesj

Banned
How much was it at konamistyle?

I would be tempted to import this, but it's only a 40gb system. I'll just get whatever version we get here in the U.S. though I hope ours is just a black system. Black matte would be nice. None of this grayish greenish steel crap.

LiK

Mamesj said:

I would be tempted to import this, but it's only a 40gb system. I'll just get whatever version we get here in the U.S. though I hope ours is just a black system. Black matte would be nice. None of this grayish greenish steel crap.

51,800 yen

i haven't heard of anything about the US PS3 having a matte black. most of the speculation is that it'll be a normal color.

Firewire

Banned
Mamesj said:

Don't know what Konami was charging, I assumed the regular 40GB Japanese price.

The US MGS4 bundle is black, though no one seems to know if its the gloss black or matte.

Raistlin

Anyone know what's in the limited edition Japanese version?

How does it compare to the US one?

Is the US one worth it?

Top Bottom