• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS V: TPP PC releasing same day as consoles, Ground Zeroes free with pre-order

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just got this through. Not sure if bold is new for GZ being free.

KONAMI Brings PC Release for METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN in Line with September 1st Console Launch

Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. has announced it will release the PC edition of the eagerly awaited METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN alongside the console iterations on September 1st. Pre-orders are available now via Steam, which will include a copy of its illustrious prologue, METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES, absolutely free.

Originally scheduled to launch on September 15th, KONAMI has responded to calls from PC users and worked toward an earlier release date. The PC edition will now be available for pre-order via Steam – alongside the PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3, XboxOne™ and Xbox 360 editions. Fans who pre-order their PC copies of METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN via Steam will also receive a copy of METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES. All Steam customers will receive a collector’s video which reveals behind the scenes footage and a unique documentary, in addition to DLC in the form of a ‘Venom Snake’ emblem and Mother Base Staff.

“We initially did not think it would be possible to get such an epic game out onto PC in time for launch alongside its console counterparts, but all involved have worked diligently to meet the demands of our PC consumers,” commented Tomotada Tashiro, President of Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. “Now PC users will be able to explore the vibrant and beautifully-realised locations and set-pieces that elevate METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN beyond all other action titles. We feel confident that Steam users will be satisfied with the contents we will provide for the Steam version."

Finally, METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN also features the dedicated squad-based competitive multiplayer component, METAL GEAR ONLINE. Newly redesigned with the familiar gameplay and aesthetic styling of the acclaimed series, METAL GEAR ONLINE introduces Tactical Team Operations and features a ‘class system’ that more uniquely defines the strengths and abilities of player characters on the battlefield. As a result of the updated timing, console versions of METAL GEAR ONLINE will go live on October 6th, with the PC version set to release in January 2016.

UPDATE: Thanks to Coreda for the heads up.

The Nvidia bundle codes for Phantom Pain DONT include a free copy Ground Zeroes.

I'm happy that they're pushing the release date up but FUCK am I mad that I activated my NVIDIA gift key last night so now I miss the MGS:GZ free promo :(

Ōkami;174007347 said:
It doesn't, got it that way, its only TPP.

Kriken

Already have Ground Zeroes, but nice to see I don't have to wait 2 additional weeks

TAKE THAT DAWG

AAMARMO

Banned
pLgnWOj.png

Loakum

Banned
Nice. This is rare now a days for the PC version to be released at the same time as the console versions. Not to mention the PC version of Ground Zeroes was amazing!

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Awesome news. I was debating keeping my pre order for the PS4 version even though i got the PC version for free.

Time to cancel that PS4 order!

shwimpy

Awesome news. I'm still getting a physical copy of the PS4 version to complete my Playstation MGS collection. =D

Nyoro SF

It is absolutely stellar that they're doing PC same-day release as console.
It's very saddening to think that PC is still treated as an afterthought by many companies, but Namco Bandai and Konami are really stepping it up with their support.

Boke1879

Great news that PC is coming at the same time and even better that GZ is free with preorders. I understand it's was free ps+ and on xbox but it would be awesome if they included it free for preorders with console as well.

Flandy

FUCK
Now I need to decide between PC and PS4
If PC has native dualshock 4 support that would settle it for me

hal9001

Banned
Great news from Konami. Happy to have everyone playing it at the same time. No spoilers.
I'll still be getting it on PS4 just for the online community and tradition of always playing it on console.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Fuck yeah.

Just hoping they don't fuck the port up by not taking 2 more weeks for the release. I don't normally mind a delay if the port's solid.

Kezen

Banned
System Requirements

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (2GB) or better (DirectX 11 card Required)
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 28 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 (3.60GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (DirectX 11 graphic card required)
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 28 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card (Surround Sound 5.1)

The recommended CPU is more than likely totally overkill. A modest Core I5 should do just fine.

Top Bottom