• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV Server Issues: Who has them, who doesn't?

Nephtes

As Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain launched, it was apparent there were some launch day issues with the servers. As of today (September 3rd,2015) we're more than 24 hours after Konami's last Tweet on the situation, and server woes are an on and off theme in many of the MGS V threads.

This is an attempt to consolidate all the MGS V sever discussion into one thread. I hope that's okay.

It seems like not everyone is affected as multiple reports of people able to upload their Ground Zeroes saves into The Phantom Pain and the ability to access the Forward Operating Base (FOB) mode have been reported by some. If the severs "under maintenance" though as the error suggests, how is this possible?

Questions
1. Can you get into Online Mode in MGSV The Phantom Pain?
2. Which platform are you on? (PS4, XONE,PC)
3 What error are you getting (if any)?
4. What region are you playing in?
5. If you can connect, does Online Mode make the iDroid menu slow?

For me
1. No. Have never been able to access online mode.
2. XONE
3. Server under maintenance
4. Southern U.S.
5. N/A

Edit: I'm not convinced the Xbox One servers have ever been live till someone mentions otherwise in this thread. Also, Konami has made me feel played like a damn fiddle...

Edit 2: Who's bright idea was it to need to connect online to upload a Ground Zeroes save from a game stored on the same console as The Phantom Pain? I get it if you're on Old Gen -> New Gen, but damn is that annoying if you didn't switch consoles...

Edit 3: Konami just tweeted this:
TWEET
Konami said:
For server information on MGSV:TPP - http://t.co/gGqJ3Oxrbc and the https://t.co/PNpwvONfuu account for server status.

OF COURSE IT'S ON THEIR JAPANESE PAGE! why didn't I look there first? Duh... :/

Edit 4: Game Informer takes Konami to task on their caustic communication practices, like making English speaking people go to a Japanese website to read updates.

From Dawg:
https://twitter.com/Konami/status/639479424153325568

Game Informer
Game Informer said:
How hard is it for Konami’s North American and European PR/social media teams to put out a tweet on the other channels? Limiting this to Japanese social media seems like an oversight that should have been corrected before the mistake happened.

Edit 5: GAME INFORMER SAYS KONAMI TAKING LONGER TO FIX XBOX VERSION BECAUSE REASONS[/b]
GAME INFORMER

Edit 6
Konami says Xbox servers FINALLY operating normally. As of 9:13am on September 4, 2015, I was able to load my Ground Zeroes save.

Irony, PS4 still under maintenance.

Questions
1. YES
2. PS4
3 N/A
4. North America, US, Mid-West (I don't know how specific of a region we're looking for)
5. I'll have to check later. Currently at work.

Edit: My answers are based on earlier (5 hours ago) today.

Dawg

No. Not even once.

PS4

10012, usually a second or two after connecting.

Europe.

Haven't been able to connect even once since launch.

Jubern

It seems that Konami is aware, the official JP Twitter account has been warning about "emergency maintenance" a few times today, and the official website is saying they are investigating.

Hope it gets better soon, as I'd actually like to be able to listen to the tapes on my phone when I'm away from the game.

mocoworm

I read earlier that Konami tweeted that the server issue would only be sorted by the end of the week. That's another 3 days.

myco666

1. Yes
2. PS4
3. n/a
4. EU/Scandinavia
5. Well haven't tried it offline but seems to be as responsive as GZ was.

Nephtes

I read earlier that Konami tweeted that the server issue would only be sorted by the end of the week. That's another 3 days.

I only ever saw a Tweet saying they were very sorry... Don't recall any ETA on a fix. If it's the end of the week though, ughhhhh... I'll be finished the game by the time I'm able to import my Ground Zeroes save I worked so hard on last year... :(

darknil

1. I was able to enter only on Sept 1st, obviously no before, but haven't been able to log in since.
2. PS4
3. 10012 I think
4. South America
5. Didn't noticed a delay on that day.

Darrenf

1. I managed to connect on launch day, but I couldn't connect yesterday.
2. PS4.
3. Can't remember what error I was getting.
4. Europe.
5. Yes it did make it slower.

From last night, 19:00 to 24:00 EST:

-Yes and No. At first I couldnt, reloaded game and I could.

-PS4.

-Could not connect in time.

-North East, USA.

-Extremely slow for Resources, others load relatively quick.

I think I got connected yesterday morning for a little but and that was all
Haven't been able to connect since.

Ps4
I think it's the 10021 error
-USA

1. Not currently. "The server is undergoing maintenance." I was able to connect yesterday morning after spamming the "connect online" button, so I was able to download my GZ save at least. (The first time it connected, though, the game froze on a black screen soon afterwards.)
2. PS4
3. Just the "undergoing maintenance" notice. I was getting error codes before, but not now.
4. NA - NE US
5. When I was connected yesterday: YES

1. Yes. Took me about 10 tries yesterday to connect for the first time. On my next boot up, it connected fine.
2. PS4
3. Can't remember
4. North America. California
5. YES! A big annoyance. The length of time seemed to vary though.

Konami are the worst in terms of online games. Talk about MGS4 online.

I got the game two days early before launch. It was flawless in terms of loading times and Idroid navigation. With the servers online, It slows in everything you do. I thought I was playing some cheap f2p game.

Mesoian

1.) Nope. I connected once on day one, and every other day the servers have been down.
2.) PC
3.) Cannot connect to server, followed usually by a fat apology about the servers being down
4.) Boston
5.) N/A

Granted, I don't care. I didn't come to this game for it's online stuff

euan

Neo Member
Yes
PS4
N/A
Europe
I had the game 4 days before launch and the iDroid ran perfectly. As soon as the game got released the iDroid would constantly take ages to open any menu. Switched back to playing offline last night and it worked perfectly again.

- Nope... Not that I've seen in a little over an hour of play

-PS4.

-Could not connect in time.

-West Coast, USA.

- N/A

The worst is that I think I was connected partially during the prologue but then as soon as there was an epic, game-starting title sequence on horseback...the game paused for an error message to pop up and tell me I wasn't connected. Totally ruined the moment.

Plasma

Banned
1. No.
2. Xbox One.
3. I've had the server maintenance message and a couple of times I've also gotten a failure to connect (Though every time I tried again after getting one of these I just got the server maintenance message).
4. Europe (UK).
5. -

Toa TAK

Banned
Questions
1. No
2. XONE
3. "Server undergoing maintenance..."
4. North America/USA/West Coast
5. N/A

Cetra

1. Very rarely. It's happened once, but disconnected as soon as I got into the game.

2. Playstation 4

3. Can't remember exactly.

4. Southeast, US. Memphis GAF represent!

5. YES! I actually quit playing after an hour last night because being connected was slowing the iDroid down dramatically. Attempting to retrieve my Daily Bonus has the iDroid locked attempting to load for minutes at a time. This also happened when ever I switched tabs from Mother Base to Missions for example.

Fury451

Banned
Schroedinger's servers for me. It does or doesn't connect seemingly for arbitrary reasons, and fluctuates while playing (start connected, then kicked off)

Questions

No and yes. It was no, then yes, now no again

PS4

General "can't connect message"

North America- Eastern US

iDroid connected faster when I was online. When I can't connect it moves very slow when managing personnel or items.

Jafku

Yes. Been able to connect on both days
PS4
10012. Had to restart the app
Eastern US
Yes. There is a noticeable delay

cyress8

Banned
Questions
1. Can you get into Online Mode in MGSV The Phantom Pain? Yes
2. Which platform are you on? (PS4, XONE,PC) PC
3 What error are you getting (if any)? Only stay connected for about 20-30 minutes
4. What region are you playing in? USA
5. If you can connect, does Online Mode make the iDroid menu slow? Fuck Yes

1. No. Have never been able to access online mode but was able to upload ground zeros save. Although probably different servers.
2. XONE
4. UK
5. N/A

Yes
PS4
N/A
NYC
Very much so. To the point where I just go offline when out in the field, because getting stuck on a loading screen while you're trying to exfiltrate is not something I want to happen.

evilhomer

Sometimes? It's been back and forth with being connected. If it does launch online it's a matter of time for it to disconnect

PC

No error message I can recall, just says it lost connection or something similar

North America

Absolutely and it is very annoying. Sometimes lagging for a close to a full minute when going to base construction and other menus. I may just manually disconnect from online if this persists, it can get really bad.

Charles

Most of the time

PS4

It says unable to connect out the server is under maintenance

Europe

Really much slower. Sometimes I have to wait up to a minute for stuff to come up.

1. Yes on launch day but no luck yesterday.
2. PS4.
3. Don't remember. Under maintenance something something.
4. NA.
5. Checking the Motherbase stuff in iDroid surely took a while when I was able to go online, but it was totally fine yesterday(offline).

Questions

1) Most times
2) PS4
3) I don't remember any error codes I received. I think it only failed to connect once on launch day.
4) NA
5) It makes it so slow that I've resorted to play in offline mode 100% of the time now that my GZ save is finally linked.

Ridley327

Questions
1. Yes, but it's not guaranteed.
2. PS4
3. The error code is 10010, with a generic can't connect
4. NA
5. Just the iDroid menu? It gets worse than that, as I've noticed a significant uptick in loading times for everything.

Ubersnug

1.Nope. Not once have I been able to connect.
2. Xbox one
3. 'Server undergoing maintenance'
4. UK/Europe
5. N/A

Yes, although at the moment the game is offline for me due to "maintenance"
PS4
None so far apart from the maintenance message.
UK.
Yes.

1. Yes but intermittent. I'll be on for hours and then it will shut off
2. PS4
3. I'll be on for hours and then it will shut off and I won't be able to get back on for hours. Sometimes it says the servers are down (when it comes back to shows a bunch of old maintanence messages)
4. NA
5. Yes

Haunted

Oh, the online connection was the reason why the idroid suddenly took forever to load? I thought it was a bug or something. Makes me want to just stay offline.

duckroll

1. So far only about once a day for short periods of an hour or two at most. It goes down a lot.
2. PC
3. Usually just the Server Under Maintenance message, but I've also gotten "Failed to Fetch Data" when accessing the Rewards screen.
4. The English Voice Steam build. Playing in South East Asia but that probably doesn't matter.
5. Yes, it definitely does. Sometimes it gets stuck on an infinite loading loop and I have to close the iDroid and open it again to get it working again.

1. I have a few times
2. PS4
3. The cannot log into server error message? I'm not playing at the moment.
4. US West
5. I've connected a few times and it's horrible so I disconnected.

Arkeband

Banned
1) Occasionally
2) PS4
3)"Could not access login server" (or something)
4)North America (US East?)
5) Fuck yes. I've sat in one spot watching TWO spinners spin for almost two minutes.

Nephtes

Oh, the online connection was the reason why the idroid suddenly took forever to load? I thought it was a bug or something. Makes me want to just stay offline.

I would happily stay offline as soon as I can get online the first time and upload my damn Ground Zeroes save.

Seriously... I don't believe they ever turned on the Xbox servers.

wrog

1. No. Have never been able to access online mode.
2. XONE
4. Europe

Top Bottom