• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: The Phantom Pain - New information revealed

I'm a sucker for good weather effects in games. I swear if there are snowy area's in TPP i'll black out.

They may hinted at it:

Kojima Productions discusses music and sound of Metal Gear Solid V

“This is wood. This is helicopter floor. And this is catwalk. Snowy area. Salt and a little water.”
Akihiro-Teruta-Foley-Footsteps-Snow.jpg

Snow with the Fox Engine? Oh my god.

Don't think so. There is fan art just minutes after something new is revealed like the chicken hat.

Also, we got a bit of snow in GZ!

So none of this is actually new info right. Mother Base online attacks was shown already, eating animals was talked about during one of the live streams I believe, guards reacting to weather was said during the sandstorm reveal.

Correct me if any of this is wrong.. Open world game? 60fps? Great graphics?
Why is almost every other open world game 30fps when this one looks so great at 60? (unless something has changed)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So none of this is actually new info right. Mother Base online attacks was shown already, eating animals was talked about during one of the live streams I believe, guards reacting to weather was said during the sandstorm reveal.

Mother base attacks was shown but we didn't know that you can play on and offline.
Also Kojima never used the word "Zoo" :p
We did not know if animal eating like in Snake Eater is in MGSV or not.
Yes guards reacting to weather was known but we did not know exactly how ...like take shelter from the rain is new.

It's not much but it's still great to know imo.

Correct me if any of this is wrong.. Open world game? 60fps? Great graphics?
Why is almost every other open world game 30fps when this one looks so great at 60? (unless something has changed)

Because Kojima and his team are goddamn wizards. The Fox Engine is a beast.

Mifec

Replaying the HD collection is not helping my need for this game.

That RTL 2 logo brings back memories. I watched this show every day after school.

Ahaha me too man it was like at 18:45 or something. Good times. Heard RTL went insane censoring mode a few years back.

Sn4ke_911

Replying the HD collection is not helping my need for this game.

Ahaha me too man it was like at 18:45 or something. Good times. Heard RTL went insane censoring mode a few years back.

Never forget :p

i8OBafAmmyAN0.jpg

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Playing offline it is then.

I hate online invasion mechanics these types of games.

This. Now that I know it's an option I'm all about turning off the online functionality. At least until I finish the main narrative. I can't imagine anything worse than getting deep into the story and having to stop play to run back to base because some rando decided to mess with your stuff.

Sn4ke_911

WTF!? What is this!? I can't stop laughing!!!

Dude they went absolutely bonkers with the Naruto censoring

It was ok with DBZ and One Piece because there was still blood but Naruto on RTL 2 was completely unwatchable.

Sn4ke_911

They said and showed that in the first Afghanistan gameplay demo but for those who didn't know.

2015-02-0219_07_28-jupsu29.png

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Surprised at so many people eager to play offline. Babby mode.

Then again after seeing people in Souls games it's not surprising. Hopefully you guys will actually play offline and not just disconnect when you find out someone has 'invaded' your base, if such an alert exists.

zychi

Banned
I already know I'm triple dipping. Can we at least get some info on the potential LE? I need to know if I'm spending $100 each on all 3 versions.

Alienous

Surprised at so many people eager to play offline. Babby mode.

Then again after seeing people in Souls games it's not surprising. Hopefully you guys will actually play offline and not just disconnect when you find out someone has 'invaded' your base, if such an alert exists.

Kojima doesn't do things for no reason. The Mother Base invasions are probably meant to parallel the main themes of the story. What happens when someone invades your base, and infiltrates the sanctity of your home? You become driven by the need to enact revenge. And when you wage war with a player who has invaded you you'll find that anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

I repeat, Kojima is a genius. Anyone who plays the game on baby mode should be excommunicated from Outer GAF.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Yeah, offline mode enabled, you pricks who like to ruin other's games probably wont have anyone to invade after all! :D

Kojima doesn't do things for no reason. The Mother Base invasions are probably meant to parallel the main themes of the story. What happens when someone invades your base, and infiltrates the sanctity of your home? You become driven by the need to enact revenge. And when you wage war with a player who has invaded you you'll find that anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.

I repeat, Kojima is a genius. Anyone who plays the game on baby mode should be excommunicated from Outer GAF.

BROTHER!!!! This is the post we have won for ourselves!! In Outer GAF... Men become Shepherds [camera pans to Alienous shooting assault rifle]

Sn4ke_911

While we're at it, other info about animals people might have missed.

MGSV-TPP-Jackals.jpg

The animals will attack both you and your enemies. Kojima said he was checking the game recently, when a Soviet soldier was attacked and eaten by a wild animal. “When asked if animals will attack each other, Kojima nodded and smiled.” So you’ll need to be careful not only for soldiers, but for wildlife as well. But, you may also be able to use them to your advantage. “Kojima also said you can use the animal capture system to get them to attack enemies for you.” It sounds like you may be able to drop them near an enemy to cause some mayhem.

The day/night cycle also has an effect on the animal system, the time of day will probably determine what wildlife you’ll run into.

THIS. GAME.

This twitter account is fake.

Top Bottom