• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael B. Jordan to star in remake of The Thomas Crown Affair

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Why does anyone enjoy that story? It's boring as hell

The pierce Brosnan one was awful and weird

SeanC

Will watch anything the guy is in.

Well, except that one movie that shall not be named.

But I don't know how much more can be done story-wise with the property. Love the classic, the remake was ok, but do we need another version? The point of a remake is to offer or do something new with it, I don't think there's enough there to really do that.

studyguy

And thus we get another generation of people throwing apples infront of their faces, wearing suits and what I assume will be a fedora instead of a bowler while snapping a photo of themselves to post on social media.
Great.

I like Jordan, but I can't see the need to remake this one again. Story is tired af

Now that Denzel and Will are old, Hollywood needs a younger black guy they can consistently give leading roles to. In steps Michael B. Jordan. I aint mad at it, I'm just sayin.

I personally think he might be too young. Crown is a character I think should be in his early to mid forties. But he's a great actor so he can make a younger version of the character work.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Watching Focus, I kept thinking it was trying to be a modern Thomas Crown Affair but with Will Smith in the lead. Obviously not 1:1, but the spirit was there.

Good for Jordan. But I feel like Hollywood always does this. As far as casting is concerned, there are only like 3 Black actors in Hollywood. Obviously I'm happy when you see big pictures with people of color, but spread the love around. Let somebody else come up too.

Dabanton

Hmm weird choice of remake, maybe they'll do a role reversal and have a female billionaire be the art thief and MBJ as the investigator?

Yeah this.

How dry are they for ideas when you remake a remake, that was fairly recent.

The last film was out in 1999 in hollywood terms that's really ancient.

So what your really saying is you have no idea what your talking about?

We judge actors based on what we've seen. From what I have seen I think Michael B. Jordan is a dull actor. I don't dislike him, he just didn't do it for me in Creed or Fantastic Four. The latter isn't probably the best role to judge him in though.

Get off your high horse.

Dabanton

We judge actors based on what we've seen. From what I have seen I think Michael B. Jordan is a dull actor. I don't dislike him, he just didn't do it for me in Creed or Fantastic Four. The latter isn't probably the best role to judge him in though.

Get off your high horse.

Do try and see Fruitvale Station, it's a great role and film and his solid in it.

And thus we get another generation of people throwing apples infront of their faces, wearing suits and what I assume will be a fedora instead of a bowler while snapping a photo of themselves to post on social media.
Great.

I like Jordan, but I can't see the need to remake this one again. Story is tired af
Seconded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom