• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jm89

Happy Smackdown Live GIF by WWE

giphy.gif

Look at my sources

Topher

Gold Member
who tf is super jooster?

but a perpetual license would be a solid win if that's legit. would be millions of little black feathers everywhere.

Seems like an easy yes from Microsoft considering Phil Spencer has already said as much. But yeah, this "super joost" guy coming out of the woodwork is suspect at best.

Love your “cut of their jib” comment. Old school. Use it all the time and get confused responses.

Yeah, I had no idea what that was about.

If they agree to a perpetual license and divestment then someone really wants Bobby to get his payday.

Would be absolute lunacy from Microsoft.
What good would divesture in Blizzard serve to the regulators? Blizzard doesn't really seem like the component of this which has been discussed much.

GHG

Gold Member
What good would divesture in Blizzard serve to the regulators? Blizzard doesn't really seem like the component of this which has been discussed much.

I think Blizzard is and will be a factor (even if it's not one of the primary ones), but reading between the lines this might just be Microsoft attempting to absolve themselves of responsibility for a business that is well past it's peak. And that's not even factoring in the recent developments with Blizzard in China.

Varteras

Gold Member
If they agree to a perpetual license and divestment then someone really wants Bobby to get his payday.

Would be absolute lunacy from Microsoft.

Yeah I would say it would be an absolute shitshow of a deal. CoD on PlayStation permanently, with no exceptions, and getting rid of Blizzard? So you get King, some lesser IP to make exclusive, and a handful more studios that would just be making CoD for you AND your competitor. Kotick would be getting paid and Spencer would be getting fired.

Yeah I would say it would be an absolute shitshow of a deal. CoD on PlayStation permanently, with no exceptions, and getting rid of Blizzard? So you get King, some lesser IP to make exclusive, and a handful more studios that would just be making CoD for you AND your competitor. Kotick would be getting paid and Spencer would be getting fired.
Not necessarily a bad deal. CoD on Game Pass day 1 is a major selling point for the service, even if the games are still on PlayStation. And access to the litany of developers and tech they use on CoD would be a good thing for all over Xbox studios I would imagine.

GHG

Gold Member

The situation is looking bleak for Spencer regardless at the moment.

phil-spencer-xbox.gif

The situation is looking bleak for Spencer regardless at the moment.

phil-spencer-xbox.gif
I've said this before but Phil Spencer to me is a wartime general. He was good for the brand when they were in the shits and needed big ideas to get them back on track, and he did that for the most part, but he probably should have been replaced around the launch of the Series X with someone more equipped to operate this version of Xbox.

Who knows what will happen. we'll find out more next tuesday. On a side note I hopped over to N4G for the first time in over a year & wtf, that site was always pro playstation but it's like full on hate on xbox now.

Varteras

Gold Member
Not necessarily a bad deal. CoD on Game Pass day 1 is a major selling point for the service, even if the games are still on PlayStation. And access to the litany of developers and tech they use on CoD would be a good thing for all over Xbox studios I would imagine.

I disagree.... and that's all I got. I'm sorry. I just don't have it in me to explain why. It's not you. It's me. :messenger_crying:

I wonder how they define the 'cloud market' considering that it isn't a stand alone product offered by MS. If a product isn't sold and doesn't generate revenue for the company what sort of market could it be in? How is it different from a feature that all console manufacturers have?

So another lie from Phil Spencer. The guy said on an interview it was really just Sony...
Sony is the major player.
Google and Nvidia are the other two.
Go through all the notes from the CMA and FTC and count how many time COD and PS are mentioned, and then count how many times Nvidia and google are mentioned.
You are letting your bias through if you don't understand that Sony is by far thr biggest complaint in this whole affair.

Phils a habitual liar and blatant hypocrite. You'll be digging for hours though all his bullshit. Remember when sony and Nintendo weren't microsofts competition? Such an easy issue to resolve too. Just stop talking! Another thing to learn from Sony and Nintendo. Speak only when required.
I'm sure Phil isn't too bothered by the ramblings of Sony fanboys.
You'll here bitchin and trying to shit on him at every opportunity, while Phil is accepting industry awards from his peers at a rate of knots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom