• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft claims they are not evil!!!

----

Banned
I'm really disappointed with what Sony has done with online gaming with PSP. I thought that online support sucked for PS2 because the network adapter wasn't a standard feature. Now that the PSP has all the equipment built in I see that it's a much bigger problem than I thought it was. So far from what I've seen Sony is clueless as to how to approach online gaming. As far as other content delivery services like music and movies, if Sony Connect is anything to go by I'm not going to get my hopes up. I don't expect anything to be reasonably priced or using standard formats. Sony has this annoying habit of putting their content on formats that completely isolates them from the rest of the world and then charging much more for it than is reasonable.

With Xbox Live I think MS has done really well as far as online gaming and Live Arcade are concerned, but the music/movies and other content leaves a lot to be desired and the layout and organization of the Live marketplace needs a lot of work. Still I'm not going to give Sony any credit until they demonstrate that they have the slightest inkling of knowing what they are doing in the online space. Judging by the "infrastructure" and "adhoc" crap on PSP I don't have a lot of confidence in them right now. People who are saying it's easy for them to outdo Xbox Live, talk is cheap. Lets at least see Sony demonstrate some competency in this area before we give them any credit.

As far as the MS PR is concerned I believe they are baiting Sony to make an investment.

pcostabel

Gold Member
Roders5 said:
To me thats half their problem, they worry too much about the other guy and are always bad mouthing them and what not. They should just concentrate on making original stuff of their own.

MS strategy is always to follow, not to lead. Their goal is to destroy the competition, not to make good products.

Top Bottom