• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Kinect always on, but 'privacy a top priority'

Weenerz

Banned
I could look past the used game thing as I buy my games new, I could look past the online DRM since my connection is solid, but this simply won't do. The always on camera/microphone is too much, and has turned me off completely.

This was for one of my assignments in class a few years back lol.

propaganda.png

FartOfWar

Banned
The tin foil hats are out in full force for another thread.

I get the feeling that all these paranoid responses show a lot of people are up to no good, haha.

Yeah dude if you don't sit well with this:
"When the first iteration of Kinect headed to the market in 2010, Microsoft's Dennis Durken suggested to investors that the peripheral might pass data to advertisers about how you look, play, and speak. "We can cater what content gets presented to you based on who you are," he said.

You're a fucking crackpot nutjob.

Phreaker

What did you expect them to say?

Frankly, I'm not the paranoid type, but my Kinect is never plugged into the XBox 360 unless I'm playing it. Something about a camera that is watching me at all times in the privacy of my home creeps me out.

I do the same.

Yagharek

After XBL fifa hacks, a system designed by Microsoft with EA in mind is likely to be the least secure environment for personal data imaginable.

Top Bottom