• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Makes AI That Plays Minecraft For the Player

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

According to a report from Semafor, as spotted by Kotaku, Microsoft has been demonstrating some new AI that allows players to control Minecraft without having to manually move their character. Everything from digging to gathering materials to crafting weapons are allegedly possible in the software, which could result in the AI playing the game almost as if a human is controlling it. However, the report goes on to say that Microsoft has no "immediate plans" to release it for public versions of the game. This artificial intelligence was also not built in Prometheus, the technology that was used in the newest Bing chat service that was launched recently.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Next thing you know, we'll have AIs that can make playable Minecraft with Redstone, and then create its own AI that plays the Redstone Minecraft.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
If AI is going to take our jerbs then we need UBI.

UBI? Jokes aside, where I work, a corporation, is already using bots to offload work from employees. For now, the motto is, to make work easier, not to replace the workforce but slowly that will change. Maybe in 2-3 years max.

spons

Gold Member
Yahtzee once said in a review that games will eventually have a "Resolve" button in which games play themselves for 15 hours. Dude's right again.

keraj37

How are you going to pay your bills then? If an AI can do your job, whats the point in having you employed?
I work from home, and hopefully my employer would not notice any change in quality of my code - but I would not tell them I use AI, and I play minecraft all day long.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I work from home, and hopefully my employer would not notice any change in quality of my code - but I would not tell them I use AI, and I play minecraft all day long.
Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

cireza

Watch as I create an AI that creates a robot that creates an AI that plays Minecraft blindfolded.

Your move Microsoft.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
How are you going to pay your bills then? If an AI can do your job, whats the point in having you employed?

That's easy, just pay me the wage for the A I and I get to turn into a meat sack sat on my herman miller meat sack chair and play games all day. Just like wall e. My bones can melt away and ill just be a mess of organs and fat.

You're such a dumb dumb ❤️

Joke of course.

Top Bottom