• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Officially No Longer Developing Games for Xbox One

Loved my One X. Great console, great performance when released. My kids are playing with it ATM.

But it is sad to see how current gen consoles start showing their age, many new games are 30 FPS only.

Hoping for mid-gen refresh consoles to appear soon, so that I could get one and give my Series X to the kids. But since many of the new games seem to be CPU limited when it comes to framerates, mid-gen refresh consoles should have to have slightly more than double the CPU performance to be 60 FPS consoles. And at least twice the GPU power to have true 4K graphics.

Last edited:

Alan Wake

About time. I ended up kind of liking Xbox One, I have five Xbox One consoles. One S is the console they should've launched, One X was a huge upgrade, Game Pass is great, backcompat is amazing and so on.

But as we all know, after launch they just didn't deliver games for the system, so the most memorable experiences of last gen I had on PS4. Without a doubt. So far it's been the same with Series X/S. Apart from 2021 which was OK, it's been a Game Pass and backlog machine for me. 2024 and onward is looking much better.

Last edited:

Three

I guess Microsoft believes more in generation than the other side.
which is why they released a console thats barely as powerfull as the One X, barely changed anything, OS, controller, when launching it and didn’t even release any big Series gen games with it at launch. This is MS believing in operating costs and dropping xbox one development much like a lot of third parties who make crossgen games but dropped xbox one development specifically. Still good for MS first party though.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
barely changed anything, OS
Barely changed? The Xbox OS has changed multiple times since launch.
Here is the original
The Original

The 2020 UI update

The UI change between 2013 and 2020 is same as any console generation UI update, just that it happened in steps and Xbox One also got the update.

Last edited:

Three

Barely changed? The Xbox OS has changed multiple times since launch.
Here is the original
The Original

The 2020 UI update

The UI change between 2013 and 2020 is same as any console generation UI update, just that it happened in steps and Xbox One also got the update.

That's true they have improved it but it wasn't a change with the console generation. The Xbox one UI was iteratively improved and got the update before the Series console was even out.

When I said barely changed I didn’t mean it hasn't improved I mean it didn’t change from one generation to the next to "believe in generations", more in iterative improvement that's not about the generation.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLZ

RIPN2022

Considering the XB1 was releasing titles such as Black Flag, Tomb Raider, and BF4 with 900P resolution and under 60FPS, where as PS4 got 1080 P and 60 FPS for these titles, its for the best.

93xfan

Banned
Considering the XB1 was releasing titles such as Black Flag, Tomb Raider, and BF4 with 900P resolution and under 60FPS, where as PS4 got 1080 P and 60 FPS for these titles, its for the best.
BF4 is 900p on PS4, and 720p on Xbox one. Didn’t care about that until I switch to Xbox only in 2018.

Kumomeme

meanwhile Series S:

374.png

Hard to argue with that, but I've had some real stinkers in the past. Jaguar and 3do spring to mind.
3do was hype if you got it before the saturn/ps1. Good wolf3d, killing time, star control, good western rpgs, near arcade perfect super turbo 2, samurai shodown and the ea games.

clarky

Gold Member
3do was hype if you got it before the saturn/ps1. Good wolf3d, killing time, star control, good western rpgs, near arcade perfect super turbo 2, samurai shodown and the ea games.
Not really it was the pits. Every console, even the rubbish ones have at least a couple of bangers. Samurai Showdown was a multiplatform game that played better on other systems

Each to there own but on my list of consoles that Ive got its dead last. Not to say i didn't get some enjoyment out of it mind. Need for speed was good at the time, i'll give you that.

I still have mine in the loft.

Last edited:
Not really it was the pits. Every console, even the rubbish ones have at least a couple of bangers. Samurai Showdown was a multiplatform game that played better on other systems

Each to there own but on my list of consoles that Ive got its dead last. Not to say i didn't get some enjoyment out of it mind. Need for speed was good at the time, i'll give you that.

I still have mine in the loft.
I can respect that, but Road Rash on the 3do was amazing. Need for speed too. Plus those rpgs and a very good wolfenstein 3d port? Samurai shodown on 3do was more faithful to the arcade over any system at the time barring the aes.

clarky

Gold Member
I can respect that, but Road Rash on the 3do was amazing. Need for speed too. Plus those rpgs and a very good wolfenstein 3d port? Samurai shodown on 3do was more faithful to the arcade over any system at the time barring the aes.
I get where your coming from, some of its library is good, great even buit its a very slim pickings though with hardly any exclusives and zero first party (did they do any first party games? i can't remember) I think out of my collection apart from the Jaguar this is the platform I own the least amount of games for.

I get where your coming from, some of its library is good, great even buit its a very slim pickings though with hardly any exclusives and zero first party (did they do any first party games? i can't remember) I think out of my collection apart from the Jaguar this is the platform I own the least amount of games for.
It was on the market for 2-3 years? A lot of its games were pc ports but very good ones. It was the first time pc games actually played like their pc counterparts plus it had good console support. Not amazing, but it was worth playing.

Top Bottom