• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Rewards |OT| Get Game Pass for free

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I happen to hit a nice round number today, but I have no idea what to spend these points on. I wanted to get an expansion card for my Series X but the Microsoft store doesn't seem to carry them anymore.

KnZvlnU.jpg

holy shit that's a lot of points lol

adamsapple

There's a couple of very easy EA Play and Mirrors Edge related reward quests on right now that can get you 500 points in minutes.

Kilau

Gold Member
S
There's a couple of very easy EA Play and Mirrors Edge related reward quests on right now that can get you 500 points in minutes.
So they nerfed the quest to 100 points and made it one achievement only instead of three. Not that it matters because it won’t register at all for me and many others.

AMEM is offline for maintenance lol. 5 points for clicking the message.

Rewards app is always wonky but it’s been extra bad lately. Together with achievements messing up, backend needs work.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
The 50 points a day for unlocking an achievement hasn’t worked for about 3 days now. I know it’s only 150 lost but still a loss.

adamsapple

Eays peasy Cities Skyline 250 points quest. Need to spend 100 in-game days.

Start game (use xcloud, so you won't even have to download), make the speed as fast as it goes, go do something for 7~ minutes, quest complete.

adamsapple

This week's weekly set is live.

Also the weekly treasure (free 100 points) is also up on the console app. Just check in it once and get 100 points.

adamsapple

Very easy Outriders 250 pts quest. Just load up anything and kill 28 enemies.

Fuckin' hell man, Xcloud makes getting all these quests a slice of cake. You don't have to download any can get into any game (on game pass) in 2 seconds.

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
Also they have in the rewards app that Achieve More Earn More isn’t coming back, it’s moving to game pass quests.

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
How long more or less does it take to get the monthly gamepass? I have like 2 months left on the trial that came with my TV, would like to extend it with rewards lol

Nitty_Grimes

Also they have in the rewards app that Achieve More Earn More isn’t coming back, it’s moving to game pass quests.
Indeed. The savvy gamer could get 350 points a week if they played a game each day that unlocked an achievement now they will get 50 for the week.

Don't know why they don't just make it 15,000 points for one month and 50,000 points for three months GPU if they are concerned this much to nerf this tiny little perk.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Indeed. The savvy gamer could get 350 points a week if they played a game each day that unlocked an achievement now they will get 50 for the week.

Don't know why they don't just make it 15,000 points for one month and 50,000 points for three months GPU if they are concerned this much to nerf this tiny little perk.
As I understand tt will still be a daily achievement quest starting next week, not like the one we already have of one achievement per week (and will this one go ?).

Honestly I'd prefer a 1500 points quest for earning 30 achievements in one month so I don't have to do one achievement per day.
At least with the quests it will work and won't expire at midnight, and if you forgot to claim the points you can still claim it later as the finished quests stay.

Kilau

Gold Member

Yep, I've currently got a 750-day achievement streak going, sadly AMEM didn't work on all those days.

Will be interesting to see how they change it, the achievement quests always seem to trigger properly.

adamsapple

Between the dailies and weeklies and the other small tasks, I'm averaging 400+ daily, over the last couple of weeks. For now I'm just stockpiling the points cause I have game pass up till 2025.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

As I understand tt will still be a daily achievement quest starting next week, not like the one we already have of one achievement per week (and will this one go ?).

Honestly I'd prefer a 1500 points quest for earning 30 achievements in one month so I don't have to do one achievement per day.
At least with the quests it will work and won't expire at midnight, and if you forgot to claim the points you can still claim it later as the finished quests stay.
Indeed you are quite correct sir, I didn't read the text in full on screen.

Nitty_Grimes

Between the dailies and weeklies and the other small tasks, I'm averaging 400+ daily, over the last couple of weeks. For now I'm just stockpiling the points cause I have game pass up till 2025.
Indeed, I misread. I thought the 50 you could get per day for unlocking an achievement was being nerfed to 50 for the week.

adamsapple

Easy peasy 100 pts Forza Horizon 5 punch card up right now (on console). No purchases required, just need to visit a few pages and claim the points. Can be done in less than 2 minutes.

Kilau

Gold Member
Dang that's awesome!

I'm leaving for an international vacation at the end of April and am trying to set it up that I can use cloud and mobile to make sure my streaks continue. Only at 10~ so far but ... it's a start!
Good luck, ever since MS started pushing the eco friendly Xbox mine will not allow remote play randomly until I can get to it and restart it manually. Super annoying when traveling.

adamsapple

Whelp, let it be a lesson folks. If you are traveling internationally, set up some remote shit cause I almost lost my 60 day streak because the rewards app kept fucking up and not letting me do anything because of the location.

Fortunately when I used my phones data to create a hotspot, that 'restored' the pages as how they were.

Almost shat my pants because of that, but it all worked out thankfully.

adamsapple

Topher Topher

K7DfqI3.jpg

April has been a pretty successful month for reward points and its still not even done yet, lol.

Hell, at this rate I'll have a surplus of Xbox credit on top of the monthly GPU off-set every month.

GG for this topic.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Topher Topher

K7DfqI3.jpg

April has been a pretty successful month for reward points and its still not even done yet, lol.

Hell, at this rate I'll have a surplus of Xbox credit on top of the monthly GPU off-set every month.

GG for this topic.

Holy shit. That's twice as many points as I've earned. But I have been neglecting my Xbox console quests. Need to get back on that.

Nitty_Grimes

Whelp, let it be a lesson folks. If you are traveling internationally, set up some remote shit cause I almost lost my 60 day streak because the rewards app kept fucking up and not letting me do anything because of the location.

Fortunately when I used my phones data to create a hotspot, that 'restored' the pages as how they were.

Almost shat my pants because of that, but it all worked out thankfully.
This is what concerns me with the 112 week streak on the console.

Can't ever go on holiday again!!

Topher

Gold Member
Today's poll question is hilarious

KX7b4ST.png

It is true. Most folks just vote the top. Usually 80+ percent.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Any one else having an issue where some of the quick click points just dance around the screen and never get awarded. MS rewards has me playing wack a mole the last couple days. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Topher

Gold Member
Any one else having an issue where some of the quick click points just dance around the screen and never get awarded. MS rewards has me playing wack a mole the last couple days. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Yeah, that's been a problem for me lately as well. Thankfully those tiles hang around for a few days so I just try again the next time.

drotahorror

I'm pretty new to all the gamepass quests / bing rewards but I've been stackin them for most of April.

One thing I noticed today is there is no daily quest on the xbox? Usually every day in April, I would hop on a game, get 1 achievement to complete the daily. There is nothing this month?

drotahorror

No GP quests are available the day before the new cycle starts. This is normal and happens every month.

Thanks! I just started about April 10th or so and was worried something was going on. Especially after yesterday, I had to do some of the Bing App things, several times before they would give me the points.

I wonder if I'm doing this the most efficient way?

When I get up in the morning, I do everything I can via Edge browser on PC (can do everything in the Bing app minus the 20 mobile searches), I also turn on a PC gamepass game for the xbox app quest and I beat 1 level in Jewel. Then after 3pm, I hop on xbox and do the dailies/whatever else I can do (and sometime the 20 mobile searches). I also check the bing app / edge browser throughout the day as sometimes I can still get random points (and for some reason my cap is increasing? I'm at 480/480 at the moment).

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Thanks! I just started about April 10th or so and was worried something was going on. Especially after yesterday, I had to do some of the Bing App things, several times before they would give me the points.

The Bing Quests have been funky since they rolled out the new sidebar theme which was horrible to begin with. Make sure you are doing Xbox App dailies (160+ points daily) shopping game (100 points daily), and the fitness videos (40 points daily).

drotahorror

The Bing Quests have been funky since they rolled out the new sidebar theme which was horrible to begin with. Make sure you are doing Xbox App dailies (160+ points daily) shopping game (100 points daily), and the fitness videos (40 points daily).

I added a couple things in my post. What is the shopping game and fitness videos?

Nitty_Grimes

Todays one for example - who do you want to see in concert. Fucking foul-mouth Adele or Naomi Scott....

Neither of them TBH.

But cos that sweary cunt was at the top, I picked Naomi.

adamsapple

Todays one for example - who do you want to see in concert. Fucking foul-mouth Adele or Naomi Scott....

Neither of them TBH.

But cos that sweary cunt was at the top, I picked Naomi.

I don't even read the responses, just click the top one in the polls lol.

I had that issue a few days back (seems to have been fixed) but it was possible to do them by just repeatedly clicking the same time. It jumps around but after the 3rd or 4th try you 'unlock' it .

Kilau

Gold Member
Basketball Wives Reality Tv GIF by VH1

You just bought a whole another console with reward points
The custom amount is still there so I did another $100 Amazon and now I only have a sad 3K in points 😅

The yearly redeem cap is 550,000 so I’ll probably spend another 25k before I bank long term again.

adamsapple

The custom amount is still there so I did another $100 Amazon and now I only have a sad 3K in points 😅

The yearly redeem cap is 550,000 so I’ll probably spend another 25k before I bank long term again.

Is there also a collection cap ? or can you just keep on collecting indefinitely ?

Not that I'm anywhere close to that lol, I've spent around $150 since March in Reward points, so my tally has gone down quite a bit as well.

Got that Starfield controller, a bunch of games on sales and have enough for the Alan Wake 2 pre order at the moment.

Kilau

Gold Member
Is there also a collection cap ? or can you just keep on collecting indefinitely ?

Not that I'm anywhere close to that lol, I've spent around $150 since March in Reward points, so my tally has gone down quite a bit as well.

Got that Starfield controller, a bunch of games on sales and have enough for the Alan Wake 2 pre order at the moment.
There is no cap on points banked or if there is one it's so high nobody has hit it yet and reported.

Nitty_Grimes

It’s gone. They’ve removed it from the Rewards app.

Hope you spent all those points beforehand.

Edit: could be back after adjustments for the price increase (like it could go to 20,000 points for a month for example) have to wait and see I suppose.

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
It’s gone. They’ve removed it from the Rewards app.

Hope you spent all those points beforehand.

Edit: could be back after adjustments for the price increase (like it could go to 20,000 points for a month for example) have to wait and see I suppose.
What... um was it?

Ponder Denzel Washington GIF by Entertainment Tonight

There's also been reports of account bans from the rewards Reddit page. Apparently cracking down on multi account households.

Not mine.

good-job-on-the-new-design-of-account-info-v0-cag9rsjso8db1.jpg

Top Bottom