• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft should release an Xbox One S in matte black

jelly

dTbMAfB.jpg

Anecdotal evidence here but I've overheard some people in shops asking for a black version and seem quite persistent, customer service people said there was a black/grey one coming but it's 400 quid which ends the conversation. Also some of my friends say they would buy one if it came in black and don't really like the white or white controller, the X has them interested because it's not white would you believe but the price soon brings them back down to earth, Sea of Thieves seems right up their alley as another little tidbit and still in for Halo 6 if it's more like the old games. So, Microsoft release a matte black Xbox One S and make a good Halo so I can play with my buddies, fixing Halo MCC would also make it happen faster!

Here is a picture to give you an idea.

PAXWestHERO.jpg

The Limited BF1 grey version.

en-INTL-PDP0-XboxOneS-Olympus-ZZG-00011-P2.jpg

Maybe Microsoft made a billion white versions to get through, the FIFA bundle never ends.

Chris1

They'll do it when they make Xbox one X in white

If both are black and considering how extremely similar they look, it will just cause confusion between the 2 products

JoeLT

It really does blow my mind after all this time there isn't a matte black version. I too know people that still won't buy one till they release it in black. I personally probably wouldn't have bought the white one if I didn't already have an OG XB1.

playXray

I like the distinction between the Xbox One S (white) and Xbox One X (matte black).

They both look awesome to me.

EvB

Xbox One X has that covered.

Personally I prefer the white, it's much more distinctive as a console than just another black slab.
Not that it really matters as mine is behind closed doors.

jelly

Yeah, they are quite close

xbox-one-x.jpg

and that marketing distinction is strong.

xbox-one-xconsole-controllerhrzfamilymirrorwhite-and-black.jpg

Still, don't think people are that stupid. S and X, 200 bucks, 500 bucks.

Izuna

Banned
Pink Xbox man

It'd sell in Japan

to Bae but that's still a 100% increase in sales

Seriously, Japanese girls buy shitty Sony Vaios because they do Pink right. MS needs to get on this.

a.wd

Mine is the dark grey, and it looks boss.

I will trade it in for the X in black though, so make me an offer soon folks!

The lack of Black Matte is the only reason why I haven't picked up an Xbox One S yet, though that Storm Grey Battlefield 1 bundle is close enough.

Edit: And those saying "Buy an Xbox One X if you want a slim form factor + dark color" let's not get all Don Mattrick in here

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
The matte black X makes it obvious in retrospect why they haven't released it on the S yet.

Want a black Xbox? Buy the X.

Yeah, they are quite close

xbox-one-x.jpg

and that marketing distinction is strong.

xbox-one-xconsole-controllerhrzfamilymirrorwhite-and-black.jpg

Still, don't think people are that stupid. S and X, 200 bucks, 500 bucks.

I can see it now. Little Timmy asks for the Xbox One X and when his parents are in Best Buy for Black Friday they can't remember if he said X or S cuz they sound so similar but see that one is $250 and the other is $500 and do the parental thing and opt for the cheaper one.

Top Bottom