• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Store BF deals are LIVE! Update: Bunch of games $10

It won't let me check out, keep saying item in my carts are out of stock. Bleh.

edit: got it to work by redoing my cart ... I guess it was Diablo 3 that was OOS

I just checked my order history and with Microsoft and I've spent $165 and got 12 games out of it. 5 of those 12 were released only last month. Microsoft wins this year!

jediyoshi

Good thing this didn't break during the middle of the day,
probably would've broken their internet.

Fortunately talked myself out of everything else I was planning to get by now.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I just checked my order history and with Microsoft and I've spent $165 and got 12 games out of it. 5 of those 12 were released only last month. Microsoft wins this year!
Ms won when I was able to order Forza so easily. Everything else is just extra lol

Dragun619

Wow, that's some crazy ass deals. Don't have a 360 but man, Dragon's Dogma for $10? Fuuuuk. Someone finally drops it and it's only for the Xbox 360 version. Damn.

Eusis

Good thing this didn't break during the middle of the day,
probably would've broken their internet.

Fortunately talked myself out of everything else I was planning to get by now.
Ironically, having so many at $10 is actually something of a deterrent, not only is it likely a pricing error but you're overwhelmed with choice, and options that alone would be irresistable at $10 look less appealing compared to other stuff. Especially when you know you might well find that price for a different version (PC ports of 360/PS3 games) or were just novelty purchases to begin with (Stuff you already own on another platform).

Probably could've gotten Gears of War 3, but I guess the shooter surge of the last several years starts to make them all seem unappealing. There'll probably be some complete version eventually, or I'll just forget it existed.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Last time I went to ms store they had changed their games section. Most of the older games were no longer on display and only the most recent releases within the last month or so. I wonder if this is part of that. Most of these games are either old or sold poorly.

Great deal though.

So what's so great about dragons dogma again? All the reviews seem to indicate its very average but gaffers seem to love it. Lol

smurfx

get some go again
will these games also be 10 dollars at the ms store? i might go if i can get tekken tag 2 and skyrim for 10.

Last time I went to ms store they had changed their games section. Most of the older games were no longer on display and only the most recent releases within the last month or so. I wonder if this is part of that. Most of these games are either old or sold poorly.

Great deal though.

So what's so great about dragons dogma again? All the reviews seem to indicate its very average but gaffers seem to love it. Lol

The combat, intelligent AI, epic enemy encounters, exploration, lighting (dark areas are scary), character classes...I put 100+ hours into it and was rarely bored. Loved it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
The combat, intelligent AI, epic enemy encounters, exploration, lighting (dark areas are scary), character classes...I put 100+ hours into it and was rarely bored. Loved it.

Interesting. So is it like dark souls in that respect? All the "pro" reviews pretty much seem to have shat on the plot and characters

Great deal though.

Dragons Dogma isn't a great game if you want a big open world RPG with lots of storyline and branching quests and whatnot. It attempts to do those things, but they're not the focus, and they're not as good as in other games, and it got dinged in reviews for that. Instead, DD is a big open world RPG with the absolute best combat available. There are a ton of interesting abilities you can choose from to create your character, and then you get even more customization in creating a party. The game also does a great job of giving you challenging enemies to test all of that character and party building. $10 is a ridiculously good price.

Marvie_3

Banned
I bought about 10 games x_x...
iQcEwDuUqaILk.gif

Daigoro

holy shit MS wins black friday.

i missed most of the good shit in this recent batch, but i dont need to spend any more anyways. got Forza so im happy.

awesome sale though. good job MS.

smurfx

get some go again
holy shit MS wins black friday.

i missed most of the good shit in this recent batch, but i dont need to spend any more anyways. got Forza so im happy.

awesome sale though. good job MS.
yeah they saved me a bunch of money on re6 but also made me spend on other games i wasn't planning on getting. -_-

jgkspsx

Got:
Forza Horizon
Kinect Sports Seasons 1 + 2
Dance Central 3
Asura's Wrath

Was gonna get Saints Row the Third, but got the Complete Edition (with ALL DLC) on Amazon for $25. It's out of stock but they're still accepting orders for it.

jediyoshi

Wonder what their stock is like the rest of the time, surprised to see some stuff OOS already while Horizon is still in stock

TOR CE
Diablo 3
Amazing Spiderman 360
MP3 360
Spec Ops 360
Skyrim PC
Skylanders PC
Dragons Dogma 360
Lego Batman 2 360
MW3 PC 360
ME3 PC 360
Syndicate 360
Lollipop Chainsaw 360
Arkham City 360

Thanks for the heads up. Just snatched up 10 games. Been waiting to pick some of these up all year at this price point (Asura's Wrath and Binary Domain, and LOTR War in the North especially)

Bummed that Dragon's Dogma was sold out as that looks interesting, but I've got 10 other games on the way with free shipping to "help me get over it" :)

Kajiba

Thanks for the heads up. Just snatched up 10 games. Been waiting to pick some of these up all year at this price point (Asura's Wrath and Binary Domain, and LOTR War in the North especially)

Bummed that Dragon's Dogma was sold out as that looks interesting, but I've got 10 other games on the way with free shipping to "help me get over it" :)

Dragon Dogma will probably get restocked later in the day just like the other games that were sold out.

I might bite if it does =(.

Ricker

I don't want to fill out all the info and find out it's not available for Canada/Quebec...is it? also why don't they have all this(360 games of course) on the XBox Marketplace for download or even delivery,it would be so easier...

RedSwirl

Fucking goddamnit. In the Steam thread I just said I'd pass up a $15 deal on Max Payne 3 because I knew I wouldn't be playing the game for like a year or something. Just grabbed it for $10 because I also wanted to find a physical copy to avoid a 35GB download.

IrishNinja

debated max payne 3 and DMC HD, bit for $10 downpour cause as an SH fan, i gotta know.

thanks wario!

edit fuck diablo 3 is $10 too hnngghh must stop buying gamez
double edit lolipop chainsaw as well?! i'm going back in

ironcreed

Banned
Just got shipping confirmation on my copy of Horizon. $15.00 and free shipping for such a well received new game is amazing.

jediyoshi

mucked with the url to get it to just show $10 games

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store....194394100/categoryID.60911300/highPrice.9.99

Out Of Stock

TOR CE
Diablo 3
Amazing Spiderman 360
MP3 360
Spec Ops 360
Skyrim PC
Skylanders PC
Dragons Dogma 360
Lego Batman 2 360
MW3 PC 360
ME3 PC 360
Syndicate 360
Lollipop Chainsaw 360
Arkham City 360
Prototype 2 360 PC
Once Upon a Monster
Just Dance Disney
F1 2012
Grand Slam Tennis 2
New Vegas Ultimate Ed 360
Silent Hill HD 360
Alan Wake 360
Star Wars Kinect
Disneyland Adventures
DMC HD

Sydle

Forza Horizon is mine!

Edit: Didn't think to look at all the other game deals. Bought Sonic Generations and Fable 3 as well. Wish I would have gotten on this sooner to get Skyrim, Saints Row 3, and Witcher 2.

Top Bottom