• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft to bring Xbox Series X/S games to Xbox One via xCloud

Microsoft will let Xbox One owners play next-gen Xbox games through its xCloud service. The news was buried in a blog post recapping Microsoft’s Xbox + Bethesda showcase, with the company confirming plans to leverage Xbox Cloud Gaming (xCloud) for Xbox One consoles. That means the 2013 hardware will be able to play Xbox Series X exclusive games from 2021 — extending the lifecycle of what would normally soon be obsolete boxes.

“For the millions of people who play on Xbox One consoles today, we are looking forward to sharing more about how we will bring many of these next-gen games, such as Microsoft Flight Simulator, to your console through Xbox Cloud Gaming, just like we do with mobile devices, tablets, and browsers,” says Will Tuttle, editor in chief of Microsoft’s Xbox Wire.

Wow. I still have a One X. This would be an awesome back up if I struggle to run any future games.

Last edited:

Spidey Fan

Banned
after having test with psnow, I am not sure if the experience would be good. I dont doubt Microsoft ability, considering stadia run like a fine old wine. Maybe things will change with XSX blades. Still, I cant be full on board. I love gamepass, but Xcloud isn't there. It need to be on term with stadia. Or else it will be garbage like psnow (yesterday experience on my ps4 was shit. Sonic racing was impossible to play on psnow).

Plantoid

I've seen this being discussed here already but this is big news

You can get 2gbps fiber connection here for $49 so connection isn't a problem

Great Hair

Banned
Starting to like the idea of playing via cloud ... no huge console in the living room and no more downloading ginormous games. Has anyone done a rigorous testing of all the services in 2021 yet?

150GB

elliot5

after having test with psnow, I am not sure if the experience would be good. I dont doubt Microsoft ability, considering stadia run like a fine old wine. Maybe things will change with XSX blades. Still, I cant be full on board. I love gamepass, but Xcloud isn't there. It need to be on term with stadia. Or else it will be garbage like psnow (yesterday experience on my ps4 was shit. Sonic racing was impossible to play on psnow).
It should change with the XSX blades. XSX has headroom/dedicated hardware for video encoding if I heard Jez right, and will run games either at 60 fps or just better in general, so the latency should be better with better image quality. If it can get to Stadia levels of performance, I would be HUGELY satisfied. Stadia runs like a dream surprisingly.

Can't say enough praise for this on my phone honestly. Considering it's free, it's pretty dang nice. I went over to my brother's place with my controller and my phone, and showed him Xbox stuff, and he was kind of shocked.

Not that much use for it on consoles, but I guess you can play stuff when downloading or installing. It's not flawless, but for zero additional cost, it's nice.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Can’t wait for this in all honesty. My Series S is connected via Ethernet. Will be perfect for doing quick weekly/monthly Reward challenges and also to log on to certain games like PES to claim daily rewards.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Can't say enough praise for this on my phone honestly. Considering it's free, it's pretty dang nice. I went over to my brother's place with my controller and my phone, and showed him Xbox stuff, and he was kind of shocked.

Not that much use for it on consoles, but I guess you can play stuff when downloading or installing. It's not flawless, but for zero additional cost, it's nice.
I’d definitely attempt to play certain single player games via this method if my SSD is full.

I Platinumed plenty of games on my VITA using PS4 remote play (Spyro trilogy, Tomb Raider, Spider-Man etc.)

Top Bottom