• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: "We Will Absolutely Have Some New Stuff To Show In Tokyo"

pswii60 said:
Personally I like it when MS gets Japanese developers on board with XBLA, so more of that would be great. I want to know what the Pacman CE/Galaga Legions devs are up to at the moment.

This. ALL this.

Pac-Man CE was a revelation.

Keikoku

Banned
DMeisterJ said:
Game company to announce something new Gaming related at Game competition.

Riveting.

And here we go again. Funny thing is that if this thread was Sony related you would be like "omg!!! excite!!!" (and same goes for many people in there)

Fixed1979

I'm curious to see what they will show, I've been getting the impression that their Japan strategy didn't work and they've given up.

Also, this made me giggle...MS can be so gracious at times.

...we are going to step aside and let Sony have a turn on the stage.

beast786

WhiteAce said:
They should just throw away the Forza 2 / ODST part, put only a couple of tracks in and a handful of cars, add "Prologue" and delay the real game by 2-3 years or so

$40

Well, he is a troll. Whats your excuse?

deepbrown

We've been informed by one of our development ninjas that the controller-less Project Natal should be on show with a selection of previously shown games.

Moreover, a new Rare title is expected to be announced at the event, though it's not believed that Natal capability will be shown just yet, despite the UK studio working closely with the technology.

Square Enix and Capcom are scheduled to be showing some new Xbox 360 games (not necessarily exclusive) with the announcement of Final Fantasy XIV for Microsoft's console being one of the company's surprises.

Oh and there's something about Reach...

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/formats/xbox360/microsoft-debut-new-games-and-announcements-at-tgs-$1324439.htm

HiResDes

meh don't really care about Reach, this is the real news:
"Moreover, a new Rare title is expected to be announced at the event"

Fixed1979 said:
I'm curious to see what they will show, I've been getting the impression that their Japan strategy didn't work and they've given up.

Also, this made me giggle...MS can be so gracious at times.
That explains their strategy in Japan completely doesn't it? Stepping aside for Sony.

pswii60

HiResDes said:
I wouldn't expect that article to hold any real bearing on what will actually happen at TGS. Before every event we see articles from unknown sites like this but unless it's based on actual leaks (eg PS3 Slim, price drop) then rarely does any of it become true.

Still, it'd obviously be very nice to know what Rare is actually up to.

PJX

_dementia said:
nothing

I think he works a managerial position at Mistwalker.

Nope. He has his own studio and he is working on a Wiiware game for the Wii to be published by Nintendo.

chrissedoff

Neo Member
I can't imagine they'll unveil anything really juicy at TGS. Probably going to be Ninja Blade 2 or some boring Mistwalker JRPG.
Or Peace Walker on XBLA, that would be funny to see the reactions, at least.

Nicky75X said:
I hear Forza ODST will be there, it's got Forza 2 plus all the cars. Plus a beta to Forza 3

$60

Really? I didn't. I did hear that Sony will announce a release date for Gran Turismo 5 Epilogue for $60. Boy oh boy, that means we're even closer to GT5!

chrissedoff said:
some boring Mistwalker JRPG.

I hope you are one of a very rare breed.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
beast786 said:
Well, he is a troll. Whats your excuse?

Something about sore butts...

Calcaneus said:
I don't get it, why are people talking about RE5?

MS: Well, you know... Biohazard 5 was just announced to be coming to the X-box 360...

Some gaming dude: WE KNEW THAT ALREADY!

MS: Really?

SGD: REALLY! FOR YEARS NOW!

MS: ...Huh...

Ramenmen said:
Wait, I don't understand, this sounds like the regular jab at GT Prologue, but what has ODST got to do with it ?

Maybe the fact that Halo 3's last maps that were originally PLANNED TO RELEASE WITH THE FIRST THREE OF MYTHIC about... TWO YEARS AGO was delayed to prop this up among the Halo 3 fans. Sour grapes from me all you want, but that was fucking stupid on MS part (but it'll sell ODST to people that had no interest in it in the first place) to shortchange fans of Halo 3 by making one of the "map packs" exclusive to the new $60 campaign expansions.

harSon

Banned
I'm under the impression that they've given up on the Japanese market, with the current Japanese lineup they have, they should be having a much bigger show than what they look to be having.

[Nintex]

DMeisterJ said:
Game company to announce something new Gaming related at Game competition.

Riveting.
What if Rare announced something, now that would be a miracle. Also since when is Tokyo Game Show a competition? I thought it was the annual "Nintendo doesn't attend but the Japanese gaming industry is still relevant even though our best designers are scattered all over the place and Yoichi Wada will stab Matsuno in his eyes at first sight!" conference.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
HiResDes said:
Killer Instinct 3 confirmed.

I don't think the Rare from the N64 days exists anymore, so it's hard to get excited. N&B was fun though, so there's a glimmer of hope.

Noshino

Keikoku said:
And here we go again. Funny thing is that if this thread was Sony related you would be like "omg!!! excite!!!" (and same goes for many people in there)

And you would be saying the same as he is, so really if your point was to make fun of yourself, then you have done a great job, +1 buddy

i expected nothing from MS the moment i knew they weren't holding a keynote at TGS this year, so this is good news (if they announce something new)

MelloBoy

Neo Member
intheinbetween said:
if Natal is dated for fall 2010 i guess it's still too early to put some playable titles at the booth

Natal's being shown off on a TV show in Japan, supposedly, today I believe so...might be possible?

HiResDes

intheinbetween said:
me too, i hope MW (or Artoon) keep using the Blue Dragon engine, it still looks gorgeous
I disagree wholeheartedly...And I would much rather see a Lost Odyssey sequel than Blue Dragon, which is like a soulless DQ with slightly better combat.

HiResDes said:
I disagree wholeheartedly...And I would much rather see a Lost Odyssey sequel than Blue Dragon, which is like a soulless DQ with slightly better combat.

soulless? come one. it's obvious the story is kinda bland, and the characters are just kids, but i had good times playing BD. and i prefer BD engine (it's still beautiful) for RPGs than UE3.

SuperBonk

TheSeks said:
Maybe the fact that Halo 3's last maps that were originally PLANNED TO RELEASE WITH THE FIRST THREE OF MYTHIC about... TWO YEARS AGO was delayed to prop this up among the Halo 3 fans. Sour grapes from me all you want, but that was fucking stupid on MS part (but it'll sell ODST to people that had no interest in it in the first place) to shortchange fans of Halo 3 by making one of the "map packs" exclusive to the new $60 campaign expansions.
Meh. Halo (and Bungie) fans got shortchanged when MS decided to charge for maps in the first place (and never make them free).

Hopefully Rare shows something good.

squall211

I would love to have MS announce an exclusive JRPG or two. Since I'll be buying Demon Souls, FFXIII, WKC, and SO4 all for the PS3 within the next 6-8 months, I'd like to show the 360 some lovin'.
In other words, please announce Lost Odyssey 2, thanks!

HiResDes

goldenpp72 said:
id rather buy 2 copies of blue dragon 2 than 1 copy of lost odyssey 2
I'd rather buy one copy of Cry On : (
I think the biggest problem I had with Blue Dragon, was that it reared one of the main problems I had with Lost Odyssey to an even greater degree.

Mistwalker needs to find the right balance between including a class system that turns party members into a generic mishmash of spells and skills and creating a class system that lets you customize your characters in endless ways.

Top Bottom