• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: "We're no longer just competing with console companies"

gcubed

i plan on sitting out the launch of the two and jumping into the one with the best media capabilities. Its undoubtedly going to be MS, but it gives me a reason to not get it day 1. I have absolutely zero faith in Sonys software capabilities

mrklaw

MrArseFace
i plan on sitting out the launch of the two and jumping into the one with the best media capabilities. Its undoubtedly going to be MS, but it gives me a reason to not get it day 1. I have absolutely zero faith in Sonys software capabilities

why? Sony has basically the same media services as MS, except free to access vs behind a paid subscription. PS3 has a DVR accessory when 360 doesn't. Sony have google TV boxes you can buy, and smart internet services built into TVs and bluray players.

I'd say Sony are at least on par with MS, and have the potential to be the better offer.

Gaspode_T

Next gen is going to be balls out crazy, like people going at each other with machetes while setting puppies on fire...like the worst of the worst scenes from Breaking Bad combined with the most gruesome scenes from Game of Thrones. Get ready for betrayaltons and popcorn and entries out of the blue, should be a wild next 10 years.

TheOddOne

Next gen is going to be balls out crazy, like people going at each other with machetes while setting puppies on fire...like the worst of the worst scenes from Breaking Bad combined with the most gruesome scenes from Game of Thrones. Get ready for betrayaltons and popcorn and entries out of the blue, should be a wild next 10 years.
Say what?

surly

Banned
why? Sony has basically the same media services as MS, except free to access vs behind a paid subscription.
They really don't. Do you own a 360? Have you seen the number of apps available on there now, compared to Sony's offerings?

Sounds like I will stick with Sony and Nintendo then because MS's few intellectual properties don't justify the purchase to me and I don't give a crap about the media services.

Agent X

They really don't. Do you own a 360? Have you seen the number of apps available on there now, compared to Sony's offerings?

PlayStation 3 has all of the major online video services on board, along with a good number of niche services. I don't feel there's anything noteworthy that's missing.

The "paywall" on Xbox 360 is also a massive deterrent.

nasos_333

Liking JRPGs doesn't somehow make the PC irrelevant. I like JRPGs as well, and they just so happen to exist nearly exclusively on the consoles. I also like many other types of games, and the majority of the console ports that I wanted to play were far and away better on the PC. The only one that could be considered a "no contest" though of those according to your games list would be Skyrim (I know that's ES:5). Without mods it was okay to play once. With mods however on even a midrange PC it becomes something almost entirely different.

Generally i found Skyrim a bit boring, so i dont know if i would want to play it with mods once more

But i agree that the graphics with mods are on another league and is what i would expect from next gen, but out of the box

Sshh. Stop making sense.

360 has no gaemz. Remember that.

Insert comment about how they are in trouble because of lack of 1st party games when in reality there are plenty of exclusives and gamers don't go into gamestop and choose games based on whether they're 1st party, second party. . . publisher!

Sony has basically the same media services as MS.

Indeed I'm going to go with MS and Nintendo because Sony are adding more services with removing focus. Oh wait looks like everyone is in the same boat.

Bgamer90

Banned
PlayStation 3 has all of the major online video services on board, along with a good number of niche services. I don't feel there's anything noteworthy that's missing.

The "paywall" on Xbox 360 is also a massive deterrent.

Xbox 360 has all ESPN content which is huge.
The "paywall" was more than likely a big reason why ESPN was fine with partnering up with MS/Xbox.

Elixist

This is changing. With the most recent PS3 firmware update if you turn the system on without a disc in the system it defaults to a Singstar ad.

delete-SingStar-icon-ps3-XMB.jpg

Mind blown havent been on ps3 in a while but this is fucked up if true. Shit bothers me on 360 whereas alot of times just unplug the ethernet before i turn it on to play a sp game.

Mind blown havent been on ps3 in a while but this is fucked up if true. Shit bothers me on 360 whereas alot of times just unplug the ethernet before i turn it on to play a sp game.

When a game disc is in it sits annoyingly between your disc games and your HDD games. I wonder if installing it then deleting it will make it go away? :/

Top Bottom