• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Midori: Kingdom Hearts Franchise and Kingdom Hearts 4 might be coming to Nintendo Switch 2

Nankatsu

Square-Enix to Nintendo:

kingdom hearts kh GIF

Fake

KH3 doesn't run too well on base PS4, so I wonder how will run on Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
Even though I'm not a fan of megathreads, Midori pumps out so many rumours it might just be easier to create a dedicated Midori rumour thread and just keep updating that.

tkscz

KH3 doesn't run too well on base PS4, so I wonder how will run on Nintendo Switch.
If rumors are to be believe it'll be above the PS4. Slightly in Handheld but significantly in docked.

Plus having the edge with newer hardware helps. We'll see though.

Honestly, I hope they drop UE5 and make their own proprietary engine. Would save them money in the long run.

Hudo

Can some ask Midori about the Final Fantasy Tactics remaster? Jason Schreier said more than a year ago that this was coming and nothing happened (not that I am too surprised that Schreier was wrong)

Fake

If rumors are to be believe it'll be above the PS4. Slightly in Handheld but significantly in docked.

Honestly, I hope they drop UE5 and make their own proprietary engine. Would save them money in the long run.

I don't see how rumors about NS2 can add something to the conversation.

Besides, even if the NS2 launch the game will be threat as a BC, probably running at dynamic resolution, unless Square Enix make a different port with is kinda unlikely.

And is too late to drop Unreal Engine at this point. KH3 started using Luminus Engine and near half change to UE.

Astral Dog

Im a little surprised @ Kingdom Hearts IV, but i expected the others to make the jump(unless they make KHIV Cloud version 🤭)

Good news regardless, i don't expect all 'AAA' games to come out to Switch 2, but it makes sense for Japanese publishers to follow a multiplatform friendly approach with their big projects this time around,unlike previous generations. we will see how much Nintendo has been busy talking to these companies

Last edited:

begotten

A lot of water is wet reporting from this dude recently.

Maybe they should stay in their lane until they report anything of substance.

kiphalfton

What fairy tale world are you living in where a dev making their own proprietary engine saves them money?

Kumomeme

personally japanese game particularly AAA JRPG need to be on Switch. it is the console with most playerbase at japan. i doubt Sony could overturn the situation there soon.

hopefully Switch 2 spec is decent enough so more japanese devs can build and sold their games better there.

Last edited:

tkscz

I don't see how rumors about NS2 can add something to the conversation.

Besides, even if the NS2 launch the game will be threat as a BC, probably running at dynamic resolution, unless Square Enix make a different port with is kinda unlikely.

And is too late to drop Unreal Engine at this point. KH3 started using Luminus Engine and near half change to UE.
I mean, this is also a rumor as the guy says might and not will.

The idea is if the rumor on Switch 2's specs is correct (and MLiD as been so far 🤷‍♂️) then we'd at least know it would run better than the base PS4 could handle it depending on what engine they use and how well verse they are at it.

I tend to trust Japanese devs more when it comes to
What fairy tale world are you living in where a dev making their own proprietary engine saves them money?
In the long run, as in, no licensing fees per game per unit sold. Yes the initial price of creating your own engine is up there but once it's done, the amount of games you can create without having the share a dime with another company.

Fake

I mean, this is also a rumor as the guy says might and not will.

The idea is if the rumor on Switch 2's specs is correct (and MLiD as been so far 🤷‍♂️) then we'd at least know it would run better than the base PS4 could handle it depending on what engine they use and how well verse they are at it.

Being better than base PS4 doesn't mean will run better lmao. Will still using ARM after all. UE is very problematic on x86 already, you need a lot of optimization to make UE runs without perfomance issues on ARM cpus. All you guys know is force brute, just the specs bumb isn't enought they need to fully optimize UE for Nintendo Switch.

Is better you kids keep your expectations in check.

Last edited:
Top Bottom