• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mihoyo newest HoyoLabs forums mentions NeoGAF in survey

Michele

you.
d97IBWU.png

This is probably a very stupid thread to make, but I was still surprised regardless. Glad to know that this site is gaining traction slowly but surely.

If anyone was interested for the source, it is this: https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article/316905

EDIT: DAMN, I MAKE A MISTAKE WITH THE TITLE. I WAS MEANT TO SAY SURVEY IN THE TITLE

Last edited:

Michele

you.
Well NeoGAF has always been an important gaming forum, especially in the early 2000s when a bunch of devs used to post around here, I don't know what's surprising about the mention TBH.
Considering what had happened some years ago, the exodus thing (which I don't want to mention further here), I'd thought that quite a bit of the gaming community had forgotten about this forum for quite awhile. though it is gaining traction I suppose? Only time will tell

Kuranghi

Not an attack on you here mate, but gaining traction? Surely its more like people finally speaking up to say they still visit/enjoy this site, because they were scared to be associated with us since, as you know, this forum is filled with... *exhales* whatever the fuck blanket statement they make about all of us these days.

We're all conservatives/nationalists/confederate flag wielders/<insert your country/local areas most institutionally hated political group> according to the general gaming media sphere. While RE is the fairy land of fun and gaming joy: A thought not shared by people who actually go there to engage in meaningful dialogue about... anything without being censored/banned/cancelled.

I don't make a habit of going there too often (once a month or so, usually for the old PC Performance threads) so maybe I'm off base, but thats impression I am given by dipping into the front page.

I lurked here for years before posting properly and I came here way after the site split, but I've never been treated with anything but respect (apart from the odd maddo/cunt, but thats just life eh? I live in a free society so cunts gonna cunt) and never had anyone tell me my opinion was "wrong" (Just shit :messenger_tears_of_joy:).

Last edited:

Saber

Well, they want gaming media/forums who talks about the game.

If you didn't know already, we have an OT for Genshin Impact and we talk and discuss daily all the goodies and baddies the game has to offer. Including suggestions for events, reworks on characters, etc.

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
Considering what had happened some years ago, the exodus thing (which I don't want to mention further here), I'd thought that quite a bit of the gaming community had forgotten about this forum for quite awhile. though it is gaining traction I suppose? Only time will tell
I'm pretty sure alot of people in game development are fully aware of the political nature of resetera and choose not to associate with it.

Saber

What they could possibily gain even reading a single line on that mentally ill forum?

They already started hunted by them for the simply fact the game has anime boobah girls and "suggestive" clothes. Let alone the fact they are pretty.

And let's not forget, before the game even launched there were tons of members trying to boycott them.

Last edited:

Senua

Gold Member
What they could possibily gain even reading a single line on that mentally ill forum?

They already started hunted by them for the simply fact the game has anime boobah girls and "suggestive" clothes. Let alone the fact they are pretty.

And let's not forget, before the game even launched there were tons of members trying to boycott them.
why is giant resident evil lady with boobs the size of king kong's testicles okay but not anime bitchez

!

Reactions: Isa

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
Well now I have to wonder if anyone from the company has read my OT, which starts off with a link to 10 reasons you should never spend money in the game. Very cool to see us mentioned, though.

On the other hand, there's a lot of positive discussion there about the game as well. For the curious, you can find the thread on the communities forum.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

why is giant resident evil lady with boobs the size of king kong's testicles okay but not anime bitchez

!

Its all about context, for her boobs to be considered too big in this context they'd have to be like the size of yoga balls:

Ball Playing GIF
Ball Lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

Thank god for modders though:

TIL "skirt-windows" are a thing. How long until we see woman with "skirt-windows" in daily life, like in the office? 6 months? I mean "social media office" ofc, not a proper workplace and they won't have the body of Jill Valentine, thats for sure...

Screaming Season 2 GIF by The Simpsons

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
Yep. That's Era for ya. You're not allowed to say you like something deemed "problematic" by the hive mind over there. Attractive women with large breasts apparently don't exist and even if they did, which they do, you're not allowed to be turned on by that. They will decide what should be considered attractive and once they've convinced you of that they will then tell you to stop being attracted by ugly girls with no curves because it's hurting the feelings of pretty girls with big milkers. When your objective reality is shaped by subjective feelings you chase your own damn tail until you eat yourself alive.

• Triggered
Reactions: TLZ

NahaNago

Thank god for modders though:

TIL "skirt-windows" are a thing. How long until we see woman with "skirt-windows" in daily life, like in the office? 6 months? I mean "social media office" ofc, not a proper workplace and they won't have the body of Jill Valentine, thats for sure...

I'd love it if sexier outfits bonus content became more of a thing on playstation but unfortunately it would get censored.

On the skirt-windows thing I could see that possibly happening for a party or the club but with a woman that weighs at least a hundred more pounds than Jill.

Fuz

Banned
Let's be clear, this has nothing to do with the vampire lady having anything particularly wrong by their standards.
It's just that on Resetera you are allowed to express appreciation only for dicks.
But... but... dicks are from MEN and MEN are EVERYTHING THAT'S WRONG IN THE WORLD! How do they reconcile the two things?

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

fart town usa

Gold Member
GAF is the best gaming forum. I don't care if the userbase largely left, good riddance I say. The best threads back then were hypetrain threads but gatekeepers worked overtime to make the majority of threads unpleasant. Now they're gone and this place is better because of it.

I love you all fellow Gafer's.

Honorable mention is definitely Gamefaqs. It's so much fun to go there and look up old titles and then go back as far as you can in the message board history. It's a great time capsule to read hype threads for old games.

Pejo

Gold Member
That's impressive, considering we survived the move to Communities which usually kills threads.

Those of you that are on the site that play Genshin and don't post in the Community thread....
Frustrated Whats Wrong With You GIF

We have all sorts of stuff in that thread, including cute pictures of the best girl Amber.
DJTIz6K.jpg

Whenever I think the GAF thread about Genshin is full of negativity and pointless hatred, I just look at the official forums for the game.

So yeah, the same as any official forums anywhere.

Top Bottom