• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mike Ybarra taking aim at XB leadership?

I was/am against the PlayStation pc initiative from day one.

Personally I don't have a problem with it in and of itself, but the way Sony's been at this so far this gen is definitely NOT the way to do things.

It's at a point where right now among 1P games, they only got maybe five games still exclusive to PS5. And one of those is a tech showcase. The 3P exclusives have picked up a lot there but they aren't as plentiful as in the past, and the timed exclusivity periods have been getting shorter and shorter.

I think if they just increased the porting window for 1P games (mainly non-GAAS), at least doubled what it currently is, and got to doing more releases in general, that would improve things a lot. And no matter what the console still needs some genuine exclusives for the long haul that just shouldn't get ported over, at least not during that console generation.

lol....theap99 was banned a couple of years ago I think.

Ybarra seems ok except for having weirdo friends.

Trying Not To Laugh Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter
Rod Ferguson being one his buddies. He was the one who pulled Rod away from MS to come over to Blizzard. Funny how MS now owns Blizzard and they are both back working for MS.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Kind of stating the obvious. I don’t think this a shot at anyone though. I’m not sure why even post this on social media unless he is looking for pats on the back or affirmation.

Dr.Morris79

Who the fuck gives a shit. Bring back someone who makes normal games that may have boobs, and you'll be winning at this point.

Anything else is another suit cunt towing some global weird agenda where we all need to be gay, trans or female led.

Hell, I'll take the helm at MS XB leadership and we'll have Brute Force tomorrow. I know what the people want better than these fucking wankstains :messenger_sunglasses:

Vote for me.

Last edited:

T-0800

Having known Mike on a personal level for years him and Phil butted heads often on games and he usually lost

He actually laughed at the private showing of the Halo Infinite trailer that gave us Craig because he thought him and Phil were being trolled

Once Mike found out it was the actual trailer he ever said something along the lines of "We can't release this" but Phil said it looked good and we got that first hideous trailer.

So yeah he is taking shots at XB Brass
Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

ReBurn

Gold Member
Reads more like a general comment about the industry as a whole. Like we could easily say he tweeted that out after hearing Sven’s comments about the industry at GDC.
I think some folks just need for this to be about console wars.

Having known Mike on a personal level for years him and Phil butted heads often on games and he usually lost

He actually laughed at the private showing of the Halo Infinite trailer that gave us Craig because he thought him and Phil were being trolled

Once Mike found out it was the actual trailer he ever said something along the lines of "We can't release this" but Phil said it looked good and we got that first hideous trailer.

So yeah he is taking shots at XB Brass
Nothing stops this mother fucking train!
Thank you HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 for some context. I want them to turn it around, somehow, someway, because of all those delectable IP they have under one roof. I'd like to see a change in leadership.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Here's the thing though, haven't most indications been that MS has recognized this and has been trying to bring more quality software already? I mean despite failing in the goal, has there been indication that ms has shut down productive teams, cut budgets drastically, and run around saying hardware drives software sales? Doesn't seem like it.
In fact one could say thier sounding spree not only recognizes the need, but they are trying to fix it.

Now I know people will say they should do it the "old fashioned" way and buy small talented studios, foster development etc, but even that path actually has no guarantee of success. And also keeping in mind that some of Sony's best studios were purchased assets as well.

Here's the thing though, haven't most indications been that MS has recognized this and has been trying to bring more quality software already? I mean despite failing in the goal, has there been indication that ms has shut down productive teams, cut budgets drastically, and run around saying hardware drives software sales? Doesn't seem like it.
In fact one could say thier sounding spree not only recognizes the need, but they are trying to fix it.

Now I know people will say they should do it the "old fashioned" way and buy small talented studios, foster development etc, but even that path actually has no guarantee of success. And also keeping in mind that some of Sony's best studios were purchased assets as well.
AT&T / Warner

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

I don't give them credit for recognizing something they should have recognized 10 years ago.

That guy blocked me on Twitter because I told him that the Xbox store on PC was garbage when he was still working at Microsoft.
Funny how he always said he brought it up to Phil their store on PC was terrible and needed reworked but doesn't like people telling him that

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I don't give them credit for recognizing something they should have recognized 10 years ago.

Um, they did many years ago, it's already been 4 years since they bought bethesda. (And that wasn't the only action towards that goal) Didn't work out as planned, but they did recognize it.

Mr Moose

Um, they did many years ago, it's already been 4 years since they bought bethesda. (And that wasn't the only action towards that goal) Didn't work out as planned, but they did recognize it.
You're doing that MicroSoft Magic Math™, aren't you?
March 9, 2021

How long ago was March 9th 2021?​

March 9th 2021 was 3 years, 0 months and 29 days ago,which is 1,125 days.

Last edited:

Three

Maybe people should just play the game first.
some people already have.

All of this focus on presentation and story does run the risk of Senua Saga’s gameplay not always being the focus, and ultimately feeling a little one-note. This is certainly a criticism that can be fairly leveled at its predecessor, and from the 45 minutes I’ve played of Hellblade 2, it’s not initially apparent that things have moved on a great deal since then.

Three

What latest PC tech???

The PC version will also feature some of the latest tech available, including Nvidia DLSS 3 (Super Resolution + Frame Generation + Reflex) and DLAA, as well as AMD FSR and Intel XeSS. Moreover, the game will leverage DirectStorage to improve loading times and support 21:9 and 32:9 ultrawide aspect ratios, along with 48:9 triple-monitor setups. Players will even have access to the adaptive trigger function of the DualSense controller (curr. $69 on Amazon), although it will seemingly only work in wired mode.

Last edited:
Top Bottom