• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mind blown šŸ¤Æ When headcannon becomes reality.

Kagey K

Banned
So ever since I was a kid I always loved the movies Goodfellas.

And My Blue Heaven

And I constantly joked that My Blue Heaven was the sequel to Goodfellas.

After watching both movies with my son (and telling him my theory) recently he came into my room the next day to tell me I was correct and both stories are based on the same guy.

Wtf?

So I looked and he was right.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Hill

How the fuck did I know this and not know this?

Anyone have similar theories that turned out to be right?

BadBurger

Many ā€œWhelpsā€! Handle It!
It's sad, but yea. I remember either reading someplace or hearing in an interview or some such that Bruce Willis had sustained some pretty heinous injuries when he was young and doing a bunch of his own stunts - including trauma to the head and ears.

Anyways, as the years rolled along I noticed Willis getting kind of lazier in his delivery of lines, kind of unenthusiastic about anything, even when appearing live for interviews and such. Back in about 2016, 2017, my friend was mentioning how Bruce Willis seemed to forget how to act. I thought about it, and half-jokingly said something like "maybe he has brain damage from doing so many of his own stunts in all those Diehard movies?".

Well fast forward to earlier this year and it turns out he suffers from aphasia. I felt bad for being right.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
My headcanon is that "I Robot" and "I Am Legend" are in the same universe. They both have Will Smith and the letter "I" in their names.

I hope I get proven right one day. /s

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Not yet. Just waiting

the truth is out there GIF

Last edited:
So ever since I was a kid I always loved the movies Goodfellas.

And My Blue Heaven

And I constantly joked that My Blue Heaven was the sequel to Goodfellas.

After watching both movies with my son (and telling him my theory) recently he came into my room the next day to tell me I was correct and both stories are based on the same guy.

Wtf?

So I looked and he was right.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Hill

How the fuck did I know this and not know this?

Anyone have similar theories that turned out to be right?

Cheers for mentioning this. Goodfellas is in my top 5 films of all time and never even heard of my blue heaven so I'll have to give that a watch.

GymWolf

Gold Member
After seeing ep7 my theory was that star wars was royally fucked.

Turns out i was right even if ep 7 was by far the less shitty movie in the trilogy (but still pretty shitty)

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Bladerunner and Soldier

I always felt like Soldier should have been it's own universe with other movies and stuff. It was so cool and interesting! I didn't see Bladerunner until way later, and although I never made the connection myself, I eventually read that they indeed did intend for Soldier to be in the same universe, although it's very loosely connected. I think that's the official story, at least...?

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Bladerunner and Soldier

I always felt like Soldier should have been it's own universe with other movies and stuff. It was so cool and interesting! I didn't see Bladerunner until way later, and although I never made the connection myself, I eventually read that they indeed did intend for Soldier to be in the same universe, although it's very loosely connected. I think that's the official story, at least...?

Also Alien too. In BR 2049 you see the same model ship as the marine ship from Aliens.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
In my mind, the poverty stricken samurai from ā€˜The Twilight Samuraiā€™:

9ca58950b19da740c30d3246794648fa.jpg

leave his family, to join up with the rebel Samurai faction led by Katsumoto in ā€˜The Last Samurai', where he becomes an absolute badass:

5b0def61348bd.image.jpg

He also kicks the living shit out of Tom Cruise:

tumblr_pgi9mgRVdm1rmrpdmo3_400.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom