• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MindSeize | A Metroidvania game I'm working on. Out February 4th on Steam

Temathael

Is the physical release gonna be a limited print? Also do we have a date for when pre-orders go up for the physical release?
No dates of any kind yet, as we haven't finished the game. I'd estimate Q2 of 2020. It's going to be released through First Press Games, so limited, but fairly big batch.

I'm loving the art style and animations. Hopefully the controls are as responsive as it looks.
Hey, thanks! I'm personally responsible for the controls, so hoping you will like them. To me they feel great already, but I'm still improving some aspects of them from time to time. Right now I'm not 100% happy about wall jumps.

Right now we are working on an internal beginning-to-end playable alpha build, hoping to get some kind of a skeleton structure of the game ready in a month. First half is currently in much better shape than the second, but other than that everything seems to go pretty much on schedule for 2020 Q1 launch.

Also, posting the trailer for new page:

Temathael

Alright, just a small update. We've been very busy working for the past month and half after the Kickstarter - schedule is pretty tight, but we expect to get the content mostly ready by the end of the year. Let's see how it goes!

Most of the UI is finally implemented. Here's a clip with some fast traveling and workshop. Needs to be polished, but something like this is what you can expect.

Temathael

Thank you Nickolaidas Nickolaidas !

That would be eventually the plan, would love to be able to have the game for PlayStation. Our resources are stretched pretty thin here, so I can only promise the PC and Switch version at this point. Right now we just need to get it out on any system and then start seriously thinking about the ports.

Typhares

Oh well, slight delay. This is the best course of action to get everything done in time without killing ourselves working 24/7 for the next 4 days.

So now the release date on Steam is February 4th.

Take your time, it's better to get a polished game than an earlier release date.

Temathael

Are you currently negotiating with Nintendo?
That's been done, we are actually waiting for the devkit to arrive. Game's developed with Unity and we've taken Switch into account since the beginning, so it shouldn't take much time once we can start using the real Switch hardware.

Kamina

Golden Boy
That's been done, we are actually waiting for the devkit to arrive. Game's developed with Unity and we've taken Switch into account since the beginning, so it shouldn't take much time once we can start using the real Switch hardware.
Ah okay. So it just a matter of waiting for the Devkit and adapting the game to the actual hardware i presume?

Temathael

Ah okay. So it just a matter of waiting for the Devkit and adapting the game to the actual hardware i presume?
That's pretty much it. The Switch version will be published by First Press Games, so the release date will be up to them as well.

Indeed, it's now on Steam!

We will continue patching things and supporting the game along the way. A long list of things still to come, I'll post it eventually.

Any update on when we should expect the Switch physical release? Just cause I know its a limited release and I don't want to miss it.

Top Bottom