• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini-Pokemon news: LONG NECK VS T-REX (Amaura and Tyrunt evo)

Tusk

Wha.. ;~; Seriously? Don't know how I never knew about that. My bad~! Always thought it was a dinosaur. Well, thanks for letting me know, guys. Lmao. Guess you really do learn something new every day.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Its gonna get rocked... Really hope he comes with Sturdy or something...

Weakness number shouldn't really be much of a worry when a Pokemon can kick ass.

See: Breloom. x4 Flying, x2 Psychic, x2 Fire, x2 Poison, x2 Ice, x2 Fairy, but is very dangerous.

zroid

Banned
Has it been discussed somewhere that it has been confirmed that the overworld is 2d only? Apparently the official reason is so that the developers can focus the 3ds performance on making the overworld look as beautiful as possible. I'm not buying that excuse though. Poke X/Y do look nice graphically but they aren't up there with the best of the 3ds games and those games always have 3d on.

yeah there is a thread about it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=680217

NeonZ

If all Pokemon really are in the game, could we get a second region again? Or even a bunch of mini-regions accessible from an airport or something? 700+ Pokemon in a single location seems like it'd make everything very crowded.

Edit: Nervermind, now that I read it again, the sentence only implies that the region will have more Pokemons that previous ones, not that all Pokemon will actually be catchable in these two games.

DaBoss

Has it been discussed somewhere that it has been confirmed that the overworld is 2d only? Apparently the official reason is so that the developers can focus the 3ds performance on making the overworld look as beautiful as possible. I'm not buying that excuse though. Poke X/Y do look nice graphically but they aren't up there with the best of the 3ds games and those games always have 3d on.

Where does it say performance reasons? And different games are different. It's not easy to just compare different games and then come to a conclusion that one is more resource demanding than the other. You have to consider some factors.

EDIT: I guess the first sentence can be interpreted as performance reasons.

Neiteio

Kind of wish the general consensus was right; Aurorus should have long frills down it's back that look like the northern lights, and Tyrantrum's fluff should look like a cape/have some sort of rock or thing on his head that looks like a crown.

Oh well, the designs are still neat. I can't wait to get my hands on Tyrunt he's bro for life tier.
Tyrantrum does have a "crown" -- the spikes on his brow evoke one. His "beard" and "collar" also evoke kingly imagery. I am seriously bowled over by the utter perfection of Tyrantrum's design. I need the high-res full-body art!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm trying to figure out what's up with Tyrantrum's design...I mean I like it, but I'm wondering what style of jacket it's supposed to be wearing, reminds me of the open-shirt Japanese gangsters are shown wearing or something.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm trying to figure out what's up with Tyrantrum's design...I mean I like it, but I'm wondering what style of jacket it's supposed to be wearing, reminds me of the open-shirt Japanese gangsters are shown wearing or something.

Or maybe a royal coat? The "feather collar" around its neck has that feel.

Tusk

Just noticed that it does look like an outift. :p To me, it looks like one of those big fluffy red robes kings would wear. With the white at the neck area, the open area in the front, etc.

Wow, doggie. ;w; Beating me to it.

Tyrantrum does have a "crown" -- the spikes on his brow evoke one. His "beard" and "collar" also evoke kingly imagery. I am seriously bowled over by the utter perfection of Tyrantrum's design. I need the high-res full-body art!

I love how excited you get over every new design :)

I'm going Aurorus myself. There's something about its sleek appearance and awesome ability that just screams "YES" to me.

OctoWara289

Neo Member
I want to see these two in video form. I have 2 different sides of me that are really pulling for each one of them. They both look amazing; definitely my favorite designs of this gen so far. Despite Ice-Types having a bad reputation, I might just go with Aurorus. Its ability and move sound great and might make it better than most Ice-Types already. My majestic, prehistoric Meganium, here I come! <3

Busaiku

"X and Y will include all Pokemon from all previous games, offering the largest selection of Pokemon in any of the series' titles."

Source

That would be pretty incredible if true. Gotta catch 'em all indeed. ^_^

I think that just means that it'll have a higher total.
I highly doubt we'll be able to catch all the legendaries.
I'm not sure what these two sentences have to do with each other.

I thought they were exlcusives?
I guess not.

watershed

Banned
Where does it say performance reasons? And different games are different. It's not easy to just compare different games and then come to a conclusion that one is more resource demanding than the other. You have to consider some factors.

EDIT: I guess the first sentence can be interpreted as performance reasons.

I've moved on to the proper thread now but here is what I read:
We really wanted to make the overworld - the field - as beautiful as possible. We could put in a lot of grass and flowers, and try to make them as pretty as possible. When you don't use the 3D effect you are able to render quite a bit more on the 3DS. That's one of the reasons why we wanted to leave it off in the overworld, because it gives us more power to show off more beautiful graphics.

watershed

Banned
Oh, I didn't read that bit. Thanks. Where is that quote from?

I don't want to go to that thread since discussion there is toxic. It's like talking to a wall.
Nintendo Life article.

edit: I have no idea about framerate drops but there shouldn't be.

Neiteio

I love how excited you get over every new design :)

I'm going Aurorus myself. There's something about its sleek appearance and awesome ability that just screams "YES" to me.
Yeah, Aurorus is great, and sounds more compelling to me from a meta-game standpoint -- his ability can turn Normal-type moves into Ice-type moves, and apparently he has a new Ice-type attack that's super-effective against Water-types and has a high chance of freezing his foe. I also appreciate how gentle, sleek and majestic he looks compared to the tradition of fossil Pokemon being rough and rugged.

With that said, while I'm usually inclined to prefer Pokemon that buck the trend, I really find myself drawn to Tyrantrum, a Pokemon that exemplifies it. He's as rough and rugged as they come, almost "too cool," a badass for the sake of being badass... And yet, nothing about him feels over-designed. In fact, I'd say that for my tastes, he has the perfect balance of design elements.

I love the dimensionality of his design: the tremendous definition to his interlocking jaw (the best feature of Druddigon); the sculpted brow and beard; the layered ridges of the tail; the mesmerizing repetition of his hexagonal scales; and that lovely color scheme -- two shades of white, against red and gold that suggest sediment layers in the desert. He has this hulking physicality to him where it's fun to imagine him in battle, or in the wild, and his silhouette is endlessly interesting to study.

People have been asking for a T-Rex since Gen I, and boy have they delivered one. The fact he's Rock/Dragon is also sweet, even if he arrives as the dragons' reign draws to a close.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Yep.

tumblr_m5y5naQJO41qhyhq1o1_500.gif

I'm going with Amasaur in X (main game). Will get Tyrunt in Y.

I'm going with Tyrunt on X which is my main game. I've not decided what to do with Amasaur. I will get one from my friend but should I train it in X or should I wait until Z verison or so?

Yeah, Aurorus is great, and sounds more compelling to me from a meta-game standpoint -- his ability can turn Normal-type moves into Ice-type moves, and apparently he has a new Ice-type attack that's super-effective against Water-types and has a high chance of freezing his foe. I also appreciate how gentle, sleek and majestic he looks compared to the tradition of fossil Pokemon being rough and rugged.

With that said, while I'm usually inclined to prefer Pokemon that buck the trend, I really find myself drawn to Tyrantrum, a Pokemon that exemplifies it. He's as rough and rugged as they come, almost "too cool," a badass for the sake of being badass... And yet, nothing about him feels over-designed. In fact, I'd say that for my tastes, he has the perfect balance of design elements.

I love the dimensionality of his design: the tremendous definition to his interlocking jaw (the best feature of Druddigon); the sculpted brow and beard; the layered ridges of the tail; the mesmerizing repetition of his hexagonal scales; and that lovely color scheme -- two shades of white, against red and gold that suggest sediment layers in the desert. He has this hulking physicality to him where it's fun to imagine him in battle, or in the wild, and his silhouette is endlessly interesting to study.

People have been asking for a T-Rex since Gen I, and boy have they delivered one. The fact he's Rock/Dragon is also sweet, even if he arrives as the dragons' reign draws to a close.

You just said right thing.

Infinite

I really doubt that the event/DLC schedule has been laid out already, or that Polygon wold know of it by this point.
But what can assume with that statement issued one or two things. All Pokemon are obtainable within the game or all Pokemon data is in the game. Polygon is just reporting on what they were told.

Top Bottom