• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minor Wii U system update now live.

Tripon

Did this update break Youtube playback in the browser? I was just trying to throw a video up on my TV and there's just an empty box where the Youtube player should be.

I had the same issue. It seems to be mostly for older videos, but then it started working again. If its still happening, I suggest giving it time.

PhantomR

Banned
I better be able to turn this shit off. The WiiConnect 24 horse shit fried my launch Wii and I had to get it replaced 3 times!

This is NOT the same as WiiConnect24. The Wii was connected 24/7 and constantly pinging Nintendo's servers with that. With the Wii U, this will only check the server every once in a while. It's very different and won't put stress on the Wii U's wireless card.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Have they enabled analogue audio out with HDMI video again by any chance?

it worked for wii games, and then was removed in an update near launch for no reason

I just wanted to quote this to see if anyone would be kind enough to check whether this works please?

Particularly with Wii U games (and eShop titles please)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I just wanted to quote this to see if anyone would be kind enough to check whether this works please?

Particularly with Wii U games (and eShop titles please)

No. It never worked with Wii U.

And no, it still doesn't work with Wii Mode again.

Top Bottom