• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror sources: Oasis are definitely maybe reforming

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMax

The feuding brothers split the iconic Britpop band in 2009 but they’re back on speaking terms – and rumour has it they’re planning to work together again.

It’s music to the ears of millions of bereft Oasis fans left in a trackless desert after the band’s 2009 split.

Feuding brothers Noel Gallagher and Liam – spotted out with his girlfriend and pals this week, as you can see in the gallery above – are said to have taken the first steps towards a reunion next year.

Weeks after it emerged the pair had patched up their differences, we can reveal the band are in talks for a comeback.

Details were leaked by a well-placed source speaking after 47-year-old Noel’s recent gig in support of the Teenage Cancer Trust at London’s Royal Albert Hall.

They said: “It’s early days in terms of the details, but Noel and Liam are back on good terms and ready to give things another go. Nothing is signed but it’s what you might call a gentlemen’s agreement between them.

PANoel Gallagher's High Flying Birds performing at the Royal Albert Hall 2015Solo success: Noel plays the Royal Albert Hall with his High Flying Birds
“Ultimately they’re family and whatever has gone on before can be sorted out – they’re very close beneath all the bluster.”

Liam is particularly keen to perform a money-spinning series of concerts as he is eager to rebuild his career.

He has suffered a string of damaging revelations about his personal life and his band Beady Eye has folded.

The 42-year-old fathered a child, Gemma, with US music journalist Liza Ghorbani in March 2013. He has recently reached an agreement over payments after a lengthy court battle.

The affair led to his divorce from Nicole Appleton, 40, last year. He is now in a relationship with his former assistant Debbie Gwyther, 32, and was seen out this week having a meal and a few drinks at a pub near his North London home.

The source said: “Noel’s solo career has been a huge success with number one records and sold-out arena tours but Liam hasn’t been able to match that with Beady Eye.

"He is ready to try and put their differences behind them in order to get back on stage together with the band now that Beady Eye have split up.

“Obviously it would be massively lucrative for them both too, and the demand for tickets would be enormous.”

Rumours of a reunion have been circling for months amid claims they would be tempted by an offer of headlining this summer’s Glastonbury Festival.

And Liam posted a photograph of himself online clutching an Access All Areas pass to one of Noel’s solo gigs, revealing the pair were hanging out again – with the caption: “Keeping it in the family.”

But it is thought the pair wanted more time to plan a comeback on their own terms rather than committing to anything this year – while still insisting publicly a reunion remains a long way off.

Noel, who married Sara MacDonald, 43, in 2011, recently admitted their only ­motivation would be “for the money”.

He said in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine: “If I was ever going to do it, it would only be for the money. This isn’t me putting it out there, by the way.

“Would I do it for charity? No way. We’re not that kind of people.

“For Glastonbury? I don’t think Michael Eavis has got enough money. But would we get back together one day? As long as everybody is still alive and still has their hair, it’s always a possibility. But only for the money.”

Today representatives for both Noel and Liam declined to comment about plans for a reunion – although sources say Noel has yet to be completely convinced.

Source

jelly

I liked Oasis back in the day but listening to that type of music and much of the same era or even more recent, just short of torture now.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
they can stay gone tbh

liquidtmd

Banned
Some sources say it's happening, other sources in the same article say Noel isn't convinced. Just another day at the Mirror...

Did I love Oasis a lot? Yes. Past the glory days and right through to Dig Out Your Soul? Hell yeah. Do I care for them reforming? Not really. Noels first album I loved a lot, his second is great and Beady Eyes second I find a solid listen.

Chasing Yesterday isn't something Im looking to do though.

Noel's been on record many times saying he won't reform Oasis and I believe him. His solo career is doing very well. I think the Mirror is full of it.

Hixx

Love Oasis but I'm happy with what Noel is putting out solo to be honest, not really arsed if this happens. I also think Noel has a better voice than Liam these days... maybe Liam can be the Bez of Oasis 2.0.

joedan

Love Oasis. Would love for a reunion to happen.

Was reading the Guardian article on the possible reunion and lol at the comments...the hate for Oasis is strong. You'd think they were commenting on Margaret Thatcher.

I love Noel's current project, but he's really missing his brother. Beady Eye is missing Noel.

Get the band back together, boys.

Tc91

Went to see them twice, once at the Reebok stadium in Bolton and again at the COMS now The Etihad in Manchester.

Good times.

Yeah, this is a total load of old nonsense. There must have been literally dozens of "Oasis Reforming" articles in various British tabloids over the last 6 years. Same old story with the obligatory "a source tells us" line. Such lazy journalism, nothing more than click bait. There's interviews with Noel recorded days ago where he's as emphatic as ever that he won't get back with Liam, for both personal and professional reasons.

Liam would jump at it, Noel would jump from it..

jstripes

Banned
It's terrifying that '90s rock stars, at least the ones who don't know how to evolve their sound or recapture the magic, have now reached the "please just retire" point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom