• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge 2 - Help Center site appears on EA.com

I almost hope it's not dice and its someone else (Sledgehammer?). The last two single player dice games were colossal disappointments to me.

eot

Banned
I bet it will have guns lol. I mean I hope it doesn't, but it would be kind of funny if it did.

I don't get why so many people make a stink about the guns in the first game. It's not as if it ever presented itself as a shooter; nobody I knew who played the game went around blasting fools like it was some regular-ass CoD-type. Is it just a point of taste or what?

Why do everyone assume EA is gonna make this an exclusive? Because you only saw "Xbox" on Amazon? They're not the kind of publisher to make exclusive games to begin with, especially with a franchise that's not very popular.
Because it's well known that this game didn't meet EA's expectations. Financially they are in a tough spot and are consolidating down to their tent pole franchises. The easy answer is that Microsoft paid for the game.
I don't get why so many people make a stink about the guns in the first game. It's not as if it ever presented itself as a shooter; nobody I knew who played the game went around blasting fools like it was some regular-ass CoD-type. Is it just a point of taste or what?
Made no sense for a courier to be shooting dudes, pacifist play throughs were slightly fashionable at the time. People wanted the choice between running by and having to shoot them. The game failed to provide a real choice in the matter.

Why do everyone assume EA is gonna make this an exclusive? Because you only saw "Xbox" on Amazon? They're not the kind of publisher to make exclusive games to begin with, especially with a franchise that's not very popular.
Looking for that silver lining, I assume. It's possible, but I really wouldn't assume any game by EA will be anything more than a timed exclusive going forwards.

I would have thought people would have learned after the build up to the unveiling event.

My only beef with it were there were a couple of really obnoxious sections where you were trapped in a room with a bunch of dudes with guns and there was no escape without taking them all down or killing them. Those parts weren't fun. The game was at its best when you were sprinting from a to b trying to escape, or the more relaxed climbing puzzle type sections.

aganu

What's wrong with having a male protag?

Drake would make for an interesting lead. Same goes for Jacknife.
Faith female lead is part of the package that made ME1 different from the crowd. A male lead won't be that bad but I could see EA butchering the ethos and innovative elements that made the 1st game special, just so that it appeals to a broader audience.

Alec

Kinect\Xbone exclusive?

not-like-this.gif

What's wrong with having a male protag?

Drake would make for an interesting lead. Same goes for Jacknife.

Because, assuming chubigans wasn't just guessing, with all the other details from him it sounds like they swapped out a female protagonist for a male one to appeal to a wider audience.

Plus, 9 out of 10 games have a male protagonist, it was nice to see Mirror's Edge do something different.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member

because of the partnership EA announced with ms at there conference, i doubt the partnership is just for fifa ultimate team exclusives content

do people have faith (geddit?) when it comes to mirrors edge?

EA have spent the last few eyars systematically destroying their studios/franchises. do you think this will be different?

StuBurns

Banned
SH3, does not continue SH2's story so no.

Mirror's Edge ended with Faith and her sister being wanted for a murder so Faith's story is far from finished.
Mirror's Edge was years ago, it bombed, and no one liked the story, or cutscenes. It has a core following, but of all the praise I've ever read on GAF, it's never been about the character or story. If they drop her, and her story, I don't know why you'd assume it's because of her being female, instead of the ubiquitous indifference to her.

As an aside, this thread is pretty notable. The first port-begging thread of a generation, very cool.

MormaPope

Banned
Oh my god.

You know what'll happen is Mirrors Edge 2 is a Xbox One Exclusive right? The Progressive Insurance style cutscenes will actually be Progressive Insurance cartoon commercials now.

hwy_61

Banned
If this game is XBONE exclusive, I will buy an XBONE.

Now if they fuck it up by putting kinect everywhere, then they can FUUUUUUUCK off.

Making it Xbone exclusive would be so odd. It's such a weird thing to pick up. Like, I understand if it's a Bayonetta 2 situation and the co-marketing money is essential to the game coming to fruition, but, well, Mirror's Edge is no Bayonetta.

Just make sure there's no fucking combat and I'll be down with whatever else they end up doing. Oh, and keep Faith, I liked her design.

five year anniversary of its announcement was on tuesday :(

Meanwhile, Assassin's Creed is releasing its fifth game in as many years.

Ugh.

Takuya

Banned
It looks like it's definitely coming. But I don't see it really being exclusive due to its lack of popularity among the masses. Wouldn't you want to money hat a more relevant franchise?

Odahviing

Banned
I know an Admin who has helped building up the help center, I could ask her if she knows anything about this.

Her name is ........

Top Bottom