• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Misfits Series 4 |OT| Alisha Gifs Everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeels

Asbo5.png

I miss this. :(

JohnDonut

Banned
Literally anything is better than a scene with Finn. He's so uncomfortable and awkward to watch

This season is becoming horrible.

SaintZ

Oh well. Yes Season 4 was not very good specially the first two episodes, lord.

I still like Rudy, Jess and Abbey. Please, let Finn die in the first episode and since they know it is ending I hope some of the old cast make a cameo. At least Kelly and Nathan since they are alive.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damn, I totally forgot about Season 4 - and I got a lot to catch up with, which normally would be nice, but I got lots of other series to catch up with too.

UrbanRats

Just marathoned through the first 3 seasons (i'll start S4 later this week).

What can i say, S1 was brilliant fun, if sometimes a bit too heavy on the deus ex machina solutions, but the characters were there and it was a lot of fun.
Season 2 was also very good, but it shifted a bit towards romantic drama, something the series can't do that well, also i didn't like how they dumped some characters out of nowhere (Nathan's mom) completely backtracking on the character's development, on that front.
I also didn't like Simon's actor trying to act not creepy, lol.
The Gorilla episode was brilliant though.

S3 was.. ehm, not good.
Rudy is a great character, but too often relegated at simply being the comedic relief, while it'd have potential to be more than that, and maybe it's better that way, because the arc of all the other characters is all over the place, and everything felt chaotic and disjointed.
Some brilliant scenes here and there, but in general a lot of crap, it doesn't even feel like the same series anymore.

I also hated how they forced them to return to the Community Service, what a load of bullshit.
What they should've done, imo, is leave the classic cast without powers and start over at the community service with a completely new cast.. removing Seth's character altogether.
They can write new, good characters, since Rudy is great, but they just need a strong sense of direction like they had in S1 and 2.

yo urbanrats have you seen this is england (and the series that followed after the movie?). the actor that plays Rudy stretches his dramatic chops big time in there.

i wish they gave him the dramatic scenes in misfits too, he is pretty much just comedy relief in here (and good at it albeit)

dalin80

Banned
Glad it is getting a true ending, most shows seem to missfire when they dont know if that season is going to be the last or not, hopefully they go out on a high and the shows producers do everything they can to get back to the feeling of the first season.

As a whole though I would say season 4 wasnt as bad as many make out, it just wasn't as good as the others it did have great drama at times even if at the expense of comedy, the final interactions between curtis and rudy for instance.

yo urbanrats have you seen this is england (and the series that followed after the movie?). the actor that plays Rudy stretches his dramatic chops big time in there.

i wish they gave him the dramatic scenes in misfits too, he is pretty much just comedy relief in here (and good at it albeit)

Check 'lockout' if you haven't seen it yet.

UrbanRats

No, but i should have it on dvd somewhere, i'll get to it as soon as i have time.

Also, Gilgun was the only good thing in that abort of a movie that was Lockout.

In Misfits (at least in S3) he had a few moments where you could see the potential for something a bit deeper, especially in the first half, but they soon turned it into a simple: raunchy half + awkward shy half shtick.

Ducarmel

Go in with super low expectations with season four UrbanRats. Wasted potential, I get mad just thinking about season 4.

also in before everyone complains simon/nathan/kelly/alisha aren't there anymore and the series sucked even more after their departure.

How can you be in before that when there are plenty of people complaining about it prior to your post? :p

And my expectations for series 5 is pretty low. Rudy can't carry the show by himself.

jwk94

Really not sure if I want to watch Series 5 or just forget about Misfits. What happened to American Misfits?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Will stick around, it is the last series, I just hope they can tie it up nicely. There was that hint a while ago that older characters might get a send off too which would be nice.

I live in the states and fell in love with this show when it showed up on Hulu. I'm crushed it's ending, hopefully it gets greenlit for a US version so it can live on.

The final season? I think it's the right time to end it, but I'll be sad to see it go. As much as I might have disliked season 4, the show is a guilty pleasure of mine...

Hope they go out with a bang,..
With the way the last 2 seasons have been, I expect nothing short of a "Dexter-caliber" ending.

Miletius

Wonder if Hulu will pick it up considering how Season 4 was received. I still want to see the end of it even if it wasn't what it used to be.

No. they'll end it breaking bad style.

Unless every one of the original cast members come back and kill everyone except Rudy, it won't be as good as BB's. I've set my expectations very low, especially since "show me yo c*ck" guy has been added to the main cast.

Unless every one of the original cast members come back and kill everyone except Rudy, it won't be as good as BB's. I've set my expectations very low, especially since "show me yo c*ck" guy has been added to the main cast.

you'll just get name drops. and you'll like it.

they really just need to focus on tying last season in and go straight to the action. they only have 7 or so episodes and they can't show fillers especially for the final season.

you'll just get name drops. and you'll like it.

they really just need to focus on tying last season in and go straight to the action. they only have 7 or so episodes and they can't show fillers especially for the final season.

You'll get 6 episodes of Rudy's forbidden love affair with another nun and you will like it.

Then they'll introduce "The Storm" in the last episode, who turns out to be an actual person with the ability to give others abilities. They kill him/her in some nonsensical way with the help of the milk-man, then everyone loses their powers because the original power-giver is gone. It works like vampires. Credits.

You'll get 6 episodes of Rudy's forbidden love affair with another nun and you will like it.

Then they'll introduce "The Storm" in the last episode, who turns out to be an actual person with the ability to give others abilities. They kill him/her in some nonsensical way with the help of the milk-man, then everyone loses their powers because the original power-giver is gone. It works like vampires. Credits.

it was all a dream of nathan's. end credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom