• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyamoto keynote at GDC!

Ikael

They are probably only going to show the Healthpack game and another game aimed for the non gamer public. I really doubt that the new Miyamoto's IP will be revealed (and also, I doubt that it would be aimed t the hardcores), even thought that I would love to see it.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Given Nintendo's recent conferences/keynotes etc, it'd be completely out of character to focus on something like Mario Galaxy. They like to push Brain Age, Wii Sports...hell even Electroplankton to the forefront.

They really, really want to push the "develop games for everyone, not just gamers" thing, and games like Mario Galaxy are already widely being created, so they don't really need to focus on it.

Of course, I would prefer to see games like Galaxy, but that doesn't really matter I guess.

AntMurda

This would be a great opportunity for Miyamoto to reveal that new IP he's been working on.

New IP he is supervising....

EAD makes a bunch of games and experiments. Miyamoto saying something like "we are working on something very interesting with giant robots" in 2004, doesn't mean you should hold your breath for its unveiling in 2006.

neo2046

Shiggy said:
I expect pictures of Miyamoto like those Iwata presented in 2005.

gdc-2005-iwata-keynote-transcript-20050310043011954.jpg

how about this?

Smiles and Cries said:
Oh Shit! GDC just became even more exciting for me :D

SHOW THE NEW IP!

It is quite obvious. The E3 has been killed and it is necessary to find an American Expo where all developers can presents their games to the world. This Expo seems to be more and more the Game Developer Conference.

Anyway, I'm sure that Miyamoto will present something totally new. We will say WOW.

stalker

Stumpokapow said:
Full Iwata GDC keynote transcript

Basically he introduced the strategy for the DS/Wii: smaller budgets, more affordable, more accessible. Graphics are cool, but not everything. He also introduced Nintendo WFC or at least outlined it.

He showed off Zelda: PH, Mario Kart: DS, Nintendogs, and Electroplankton. I think some/all ahd already been announced, but he still showed more footage/gameplay.

If I am not wrong, Zelda PH was announced at GDC Iwata's keynote, but not in the 2005 one. It was last year (2006).

aka the Bomb Zal Droppen incident

ant1532

Banned
Top 3 things I would like to see(that seems reasonable):

New Nintendo Game(s) (New Super Mario Bros 2?)
Reveal all Wii Online Plans
Mario Galaxy

Vark

element said:
Just noticed the GDC schedule and sessions last a full week now :(

poor pocket book

wait, Monday and Tuesday have sessions? As long as thats included in the classic pass pricing I guess it wouldn't matter.

Top Bottom