• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Expansion concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often wonder if the Expos would still be around if the 94/95 strike didn't happen. They clearly were on their way to the playoffs in 94. Had they gone all the way, they might've gotten some more stars to sign with them and gone on a multi-season run.

74-40
Team Profile
They were stacked and young, and it probably would have been epic to see them fight against the Braves every year in the NL east.

Personally I don't think they would be around today, simply because even if they won the World Series, Loria was either unwilling or unable to finance them for another decade. Financially I don't blame him - he got the Expos for virtually nothing, then tricked MLB into buying the team from him for 10 times the price, and *then* used that money along with an MLB-provided, interest free loan to buy the Marlins. And all he had to do was release the 94 Expos as if it was an expansion draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom