• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 2016 |OT| Always looking to go deep

GravyButt

I usually turn off batter walk up animation to speed up gameplay. Anyway to have batter season/current game stats appear on screen when they are up to bat?!

kris.

Banned
Dat's pree goo, joo know?

cain_perez_bromance_twitter_42vih11v.gif

IvanJ

Banned
Played one game of Conquest, finished/lost :-( then got served with a server error.
Loading anything has been so slow, very annoying

Hopefully they'll sort it out by tomorrow, I have no motivation to keep going.

We have the GOAT cover and you guys want to change things? Bah.

Show Donaldson the respect he deserves.

I say this in jest, but do find it disappointing.

augmental

I like the Royals love in this thread! Just got the game tonight. I wish I had a color printer to print the Salvy cover.

A-V-B

I was about to buy this game, but after hearing that both watching games in RTTS and full broadcast modes are gone, with the official statement on ever bringing them back being "no," I've altered my decision. I'm not buying this game, nor any iteration as long as an accurate baseball experience is actively off the table.

This sucks to say all this, because I've never been able to play next gen The Show, and I'm a baseball freak, but it just ain't worth the cash if the team doesn't care.

Nice, rebooted the game and got a Robinson Cano as a loyalty bonus, and first AB with him hit a no doubter. He is an 88 right now but if he keeps hitting the way he has in Spring training he'll be a diamond in no time

PreFire

Menus so slow.

That just started out of no where.

Maybe since everyone got the game today, their servers are being overloaded.

So is community challenge gone this year? I know it was a scummy way to get stubs last year, but that shit was also fun.

ukas

That just started out of no where.

Maybe since everyone got the game today, their servers are being overloaded.

So is community challenge gone this year? I know it was a scummy way to get stubs last year, but that shit was also fun.

Yep it's gone for exactly that reason. They said as much in one of their streams.

That's standard for the reigning champs. Seal Team 6 couldn't find a Royals fan 3 years ago (aside from people who lived in KC), now they're all over the place.

Royals fan since the late 80s. Mom works for the team. I've got the photos of her next to the trophy to prove it. Watched many a terrible season. MadBum crushed my dreams in 2014, but 2015 made it all worthwhile.

tmac456

played 1 game so far. gameplay is fantastic. visuals as well. first time in a few years i've bought the show and this one looks like a keeper

The Beard

I ordered through Amazon and it won't be here until tomorrow, but I'm watching a stream right now.

One of the biggest problems with the announcers, aside from being stiff and disjointed, is they just never shut the fuck up. They're constantly talking. It'd be nice if they sat out a play or two here and there. Play by play guy is too nasal and robotic, and the color guy is horrendous.

rinse82

Got Kris Bryant with my loyalty pack thing

Too bad the rest of my packs from the MVP edition were hot garbage. Best I got out of it was a Strasburg

rinse82

I ordered through Amazon and it won't be here until tomorrow, but I'm watching a stream right now.

One of the biggest problems with the announcers, aside from being stiff and disjointed, is they just never shut the fuck up. They're constantly talking. It'd be nice if they sat out a play or two here and there. Play by play guy is too nasal and robotic, and the color guy is horrendous.

How dare you speak ill of Vasgersian the gawd

Got Kris Bryant with my loyalty pack thing

Too bad the rest of my packs from the MVP edition were hot garbage. Best I got out of it was a Strasburg

I got Cespedes for my loyalty reward and Jordan Zimmerman was my gold card from the MVP edition pack that guaranteed a gold or better. Haven't opened all 20 packs from the MVP edition and Amazon preorder bonus, but the ones I have opened have been terrible.

U2NUMB

Had some issues so far after a RTTS game with it going to a black screen and staying that way.. Has happened more than once. Ugh

augmental

What is the purpose of the 'new' Roster Update in the Community section? Does it actually download a roster update? Looks like it just shows new players added?

Bog

Junior Ace
I'm buying this year's solely because they finally figured out how to not have loading between games in a series in RTTS. 10 years later.

Are there any game play footage of two player couch verses?

I'm tempted to pick this up. Would be the first baseball game I buy since the N64. My girlfriend loves baseball, so two player is what I would be most interested in.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Won my first battle royale, score was 2-0. I was lucky and got Correa in the draft. I went back to back with him and Josh Hamilton.

demolitio

Ugh...I guess it's time for me to try and sell NBA2K and pick this up as usual. I'm a sucker for these games and it's helpful that the Indians are better than they've been in a long time.

abrack08

So I noticed during my tutorial Mets @ Royals game, it seems like whenever I'm at bat and I take a pitch, my batter suddenly moves like half a foot further from the plate (after the catcher catches it, not mid-swing or anything). In a weird, instant-teleporty way. Anyone else notice that? I left it on the default Fish Eye Cam or whatever, not sure if that had anything to do with it, but I don't remember that happening previous years.

That feeling when you get Daniel Murphy as your reward in back to back DD games.........and then a Kris Bryant pops up, woohoo

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
cant connect to any online games... ugh wtf

they always fail

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Lost my second game of battle royals, got whooped. Ended up winning my third, I can see this mode becoming addicting.

Waiting for operation sports to put out their minor league rosters before I start a franchise with the Astros. There's some trades I need to make and prospects I'd be calling up pretty early.

Lost my second game of battle royals, got whooped. Ended up winning my third, I can see this mode becoming addicting.

Waiting for operation sports to put out their minor league rosters before I start a franchise with the Astros. There's some trades I need to make and prospects I'd be calling up pretty early.

So I guess when you sit down to play Battle Royal you need to stick around until you are either eliminated or the tournament is completed. How long does a tournament take?

Top Bottom